Omaha GA line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonosstagegirl

Babyface
I am curious what time people are going to start lining up for the Omaha show. I know that it is going to be pretty cold that time of year and there could be plenty of snow. If any of you have an idea what time people are going to start lining up being that it is going to be the middle of winter I love to hear from you.

The desk jockey at the MECA admin office / Qwest Cneter suggested that the GA line could form indoors in the hallway of the convenction center to keep folks warm. This is not confirmed but it would hold at least 400 or so people if not more.

I visited with them Tuesday and suggested that they post "GA line info" to this site and the Qwest Center site -- don't know if they will.

She did not say -- and frankly, I doubt that she was much of a player down there -- I just tried to plant the seed that they needed to do some planning and communicating with the U2 fan base.

Sorry.

:bump:

Any word on what they'll do for the GA line? Lining up in the convention center would be logical.....but who knows if that'll happen. Either that or do like Boston and give us wristbands early and tell us to come back later.

I talked to the people at Qwest Center and they said that they will not make us stand out in the cold. The way she made it sound was that they would be letting us in sometime in the morning when their staff is there to let us in. I am guessing this is their way of saying "Don't line up during the middle of the night, because in the morning we will be letting you all in."

I just received an email from the QWest Center stating the following "Details are still being finalized, but the way it's looking is that doors won't open for people to line up until 4:00. People will be able to wait outside all day if they'd like, but 4:00 is looking like the magic number right now."

Looks like it could be a cold one. Forecast currently shows Wednesday night as a low of 22 with snow on Wednesday night. Thursday is a high of 34 with a chance of scattered flurries throughout the day. Brrrr....

Hey, 34 is better than 24 which is better than 14 so I think we will be ok. My buddy and I will probably get there around 11 or Noon. Anyone know the chances of this show being recorded by a fan and put up on U2Torrents?

Preditor74 said:
Anyone know the chances of this show being recorded by a fan and put up on U2Torrents?

No idea.....it'll probably be recorded, but as for how fast it gets online is another question.

Just received the following email from the QWestCenter

"Okay..doors into the building opening at 5:30. That is the final number! "

Looks like it's time to bundle up people! Could be a cold and snowy one.

That really sucks for you guys. The arena staff in Buffalo let us inside at around 10 a.m., which was great. Try going to an outdoor or sporting good store and buying hand and foot warmers. They're relatively cheap and last for 6 or 7 hours.

Have fun!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
That really sucks for you guys. The arena staff in Buffalo let us inside at around 10 a.m., which was great. Try going to an outdoor or sporting good store and buying hand and foot warmers. They're relatively cheap and last for 6 or 7 hours.

Have fun!

You can also use those therma care muscle wraps that heat for like 6 hours. the largest size is for the lower back. get them at any drug store - the cost per is usually 6 or 7 bucks as the come in 2 and 3 packs. get 4 or 5 and you can keep yourself one warm little mummy.

As Pug stated in his earier post, here is full e-mail i got from the public relations manager.

Doors into the facility open at 5:30 pm for GA ticket holders, but GA fans will be directed to Exhibit Hall B to wait until 7:00, when the doors into the Arena will open. When you first enter the facility, your ticket will be scanned, at which time, the scanners randomly choose who sits in the "ellipse" (inbetween the two stages). We understand people may be waiting outside in the wee hours of the morning, but because the scanners randomly choose who sits in the ellipse, there is really no reason to show up prior to 5:30.

Parking Lot B on the west side of the facility opens at 3:00 pm for those showing up early though. Other lots open at 5:00 pm.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Enjoy the show!

Sincerely,

Dana Dyksterhuis
Public Relations Manager
Qwest Center Omaha

Let's tailgate GA people. Someone bring the grill and everyone bring your beer and hard alcohol!!!

If I could get a keg from my bar I will bring it!!!

Does anyone know when the band will show up at the arena tomorrow? I would like to get the chance to see them arrive tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom