Omaha?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got shut out, as did four family members trying for me. I know one person that got 4, out of about 12 people that were trying.

Someone had an ebay auction up for 2 Floors @ $199 Buy It Now... I took them, ... just hope they are not ticketfast and the PDF ends up all over the Net.

I got two GAs in presale! :rockon:
Then two of my friends picked up two GAs each this morning!

I just couldn't get any seats for my parents like I wanted to this morning! :sad:

SITTING ON 10 TICKETS TOTAL FOR O. AND NO I'M NOT A SCALPER.
ROB
DENVER 4/20,4/21
CHICAGO 5/9,5/10.9/20,9/21
MINNEAPOLIS 9/23
OMAHA 12/15
POTLAND 12/19

uno74 said:
SITTING ON 10 TICKETS TOTAL FOR O. AND NO I'M NOT A SCALPER.
ROB
DENVER 4/20,4/21

I'd be interested in upgrading what we have if any of those 10 in Omaha are available to blue crackers -- not very thrilled with our seats, but at least we are in the building.

Please email me at bcwgobuffs@yahoo.com if you have any spares for Omaha.

Will see you in Denver on 4/21 too.

Regards

Omaha TM

T-Master crashed as I proceded to the confirmation page.

Then, when I tried to get back to TM.com, I got an error -- something to the effect of 'access it restricted'

Lastly, when I finally got back, I was stuck in a minimal 15 minute wait queue just to get the 'no matches' screen.

I think going to a TM outlet would have been a better chance. Even with the lotto system, I think my odds at getting tickets would have been better.

:sad: :sigh:...

So I looked on Ticketmaster yesterday to see what time the tickets for that show went on sale today, and it said 10 am. Didn't say specific time zone, though, so it turns out that it was 10 am Omaha time, which would've been 9 am here, and my dad called about 10 am or so upon finding the number for Pollstar to check on tickets...it was too late. They were sold out :(.

But my dad said when he called, the person told him they were considering adding a second show, so he left his name and number, and hopefully they'll do a second show and I can get tickets that way. That'd be awesome, 'cause all I want is to see these guys at some point during this tour-I've never been able to see any of my favorite artists live, and now that one is out touring, I want to have that chance, is that so much to ask?

Okay. Whining over now.

Angela

Re: Omaha TM

binks said:
T-Master crashed as I proceded to the confirmation page.

Then, when I tried to get back to TM.com, I got an error -- something to the effect of 'access it restricted'

Lastly, when I finally got back, I was stuck in a minimal 15 minute wait queue just to get the 'no matches' screen.

I think going to a TM outlet would have been a better chance. Even with the lotto system, I think my odds at getting tickets would have been better.

You would have had a lot less chance at an outlet. But check your TM order history. My order for 26 May, Boston died, but when I checked my order history and actually put in the details (credit card number, location, and such) my order showed up and I (well, my girlfriend) have the tickets. So you may have the tickets.

Desperately seeking 2 tickets, anywhere in the arena, to this show. I just missed getting tickets this morning and am really looking forward to the show - any help would be appreciated!

u2bigfans said:
my friend logged in 6 hrs later and got a GA... :huh:

Alas, for some strange reason, after reading the St. Louis thread, I tried this too... first one, then another, 2 GAs. I could not believe the first one popped up, let alone a second.

It was at least 3:30 local time, 5 hours after the thing sold out.

I still can't believe it, but the Lord works in many, and mysterious ways.

Re: Re: Omaha TM

No luck. TM crashed when I went to the second screen after the ticket selection came up. I guess it wasn't far enough into the confirmation to get logged.

The 16th is an option if a 2nd show is added.

Axver said:

You would have had a lot less chance at an outlet. But check your TM order history. My order for 26 May, Boston died, but when I checked my order history and actually put in the details (credit card number, location, and such) my order showed up and I (well, my girlfriend) have the tickets. So you may have the tickets.

Even if it's not in your online Order History, you still may have the tickets. Call Ticketmaster and have an agent look up your information -- I did this back in January, and found out that I DID indeed get my Boston 5/26 GAs even though the website had crashed on me. I have the tix in hand, but to this day the order never showed up in the online Order History.

I called TM today, and I was not apparently far enough into the transaction for it to record. It crashed between the shipping and billing pages. I was not yet to the confirmation page.

I kind of figured as much as I did not get an e-mail from TM post botched transaction. TM needs a better file server system to handle the load of large demand for shows such as U2.

The people at TM and Qwest will not confirm or deny a possibility of a second show being added.

It did sell out in 30 mins though. With no show in Kansas City as of yet, I'd guess the possibility is more yes than no.

jon_lemire said:
Even if it's not in your online Order History, you still may have the tickets. Call Ticketmaster and have an agent look up your information -- I did this back in January, and found out that I DID indeed get my Boston 5/26 GAs even though the website had crashed on me. I have the tix in hand, but to this day the order never showed up in the online Order History.

How long does it generally take to add an extra date? A day? A week? I've heard they add them the day of.

I don't see how they could add an extra date, though. The only free night is the 16th, and that would mean playing four nights in a row, something U2 won't do and haven't done since 1983.

I got ahold of an agent, and they were unable t find anything. I called the automated-information on the card I have onfile with my TM account, and no purchase there.

I've got my fingers crossed for an added show.

jon_lemire said:

Some seem to be added the same day the venue sold out. So far this tour I can think of 2 Boston shows and 2 Toronto shows being added the same day the earlier show sold out.

bucket_o_hugs said:
How long does it generally take to add an extra date? A day? A week? I've heard they add them the day of.

Well then I guess I'll be playing the eBay game. Any other outlets I might want to try. I want to see U2, but paying more than $150 a ticket is ludicrous.

-Bucket o' Losses

I got 2 GA's for Omaha show (through the general on sale of all things.)

Quick note on the Omaha show, I got them as singles, but as we all know that doesn't matter when there aren't seats. I got them after the show was technically sold out, one at 1pm in the afternoon and the other around 3pm. Took about 200 phone calls, but every now and then one WILL pop up...

Keep looking at the sold out shows everyone, you never know. You don't have to pay for a broker, not with this many shows and this many tickets.

I've been checking ticketmaster online constantly. So far, no luck. Do you think phone calls would work better? Perhaps an outlet?

-Bucket o' Funny Games

bucket_o_hugs said:
I've been checking ticketmaster online constantly. So far, no luck. Do you think phone calls would work better? Perhaps an outlet?

-Bucket o' Funny Games

Try having a friend in KC or Iowa somewhere go to or call an outlet -- I'm convinced, no proof, that for a regional show like this they hold back tickets for people in different locations. I'm convinced of this because of 1. how easy it was for me to get a KC ticket in 2001 to Kemper Arena and 2. on Saturday, out of 12 people I knew trying, 1 person walked up to a retail TM outlet in KC and had 8 seats, no problem, well after 10 AM.

Hold off on eBay until the Fall / Winter -- someone is bound to get stuck holding tickets today that they can't use come December --- what if the beloved Huskers look like they are headed for a major bowl game? Out go the U2 tickets, in come the bowl game tickets.

I read a review of the KC show that said it was one of only two or three shows that didn't sell out. But I guess I'll call around to all the Kansas folks I know.

I'm not holding much hope for Nebraska making it to a bowl game though.

-Bucket o Decemberists

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom