Ok, Now that Mexico is official....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know if the University Staduim is the Estadio Tecnológico de Monterrey. And if so is it close to the downtown area?

It appears that Monterrey will be the first show of the 4th leg. U2 will be at the grammys in Los Angeles on February 8th. I imiagine they will be rehearsing for the 4th leg in Mexico either before the Grammys, then fly into LA for the awards, or just spend the 9-11th rehearsing in Mexico.

There was talk that when Bono was in Mexico last week, that he was scouting stadiums in Guadalajara. If this is true, then perhaps U2 may add 1 more city in Mexico. It could happen on February 10th or after Mexico City. Mexico City was originally being rumored for Foro Sol which is about 1/2 the size of Azteca, so maybe there will be only 1 date in Mexico City? Regardless they will need to be in Brasil shortly after Mexico City, so they may not be enough time to add another city in Mexico.

Argentina is rumored for March 1-2. I think they will announce all the South American dates at the same time and for the past month or so in Brasil they've been saying the dates will be announced in mid to late December.

My girlfriend in Sao Paulo told me the Popmart tickets for SP went on sale on December 26, 1997, so she is thinking it will happen around then also for Vertigo tickets, based on the rumors that the dates will be announced in mid to late December.

h3465a6 said:
Does anyone know if the University Staduim is the Estadio Tecnológico de Monterrey. And if so is it close to the downtown area?

no, it's a different stadium in the downtown area it's really not to far away

u2forlife said:
Is Wednesday, December 14th the pre-sale day? I still have one unused pre-sale code and I would like to use it for this concert. Anyone know if this concert will have a pre-sale date?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Are they still doing pre sale where you can use the codes?

u2forlife said:
So does anyone have any information if there will be a pre-sale date for MEXICO CITY? Is Wednesday, December 14th a pre-sale date?

Are you thinking of going to Mexico!!!
I am too :hyper:
If so I need to be your line buddie, I know my ticket will scann if I am with you.

Halup said:
It appears that Monterrey will be the first show of the 4th leg. U2 will be at the grammys in Los Angeles on February 8th. I imiagine they will be rehearsing for the 4th leg in Mexico either before the Grammys, then fly into LA for the awards, or just spend the 9-11th rehearsing in Mexico.

There was talk that when Bono was in Mexico last week, that he was scouting stadiums in Guadalajara. If this is true, then perhaps U2 may add 1 more city in Mexico. It could happen on February 10th or after Mexico City. Mexico City was originally being rumored for Foro Sol which is about 1/2 the size of Azteca, so maybe there will be only 1 date in Mexico City? Regardless they will need to be in Brasil shortly after Mexico City, so they may not be enough time to add another city in Mexico.

There will be no shows in Guadalajara, Bono was there ONLY to watch Cirque du Soleil, and was invited to have dinner by the Mexican Promoter and Cirque du Soleil.

He never went to any stadium, and in fact, he is not the one in charge of that. ;)

There will be one more show in Mexico City it will be on feb 16.

u2forlife said:
:yes: I'm thinking of going to Mexico. :yes: I would love a line buddy. I assume you can't sit in a seat to save your life either. :hyper:

I'm thinking about going as well. We need a super line buddy group......

I think you're lucky so.............................................:yes: :wave:

u2forlife said:
:yes: I'm thinking of going to Mexico. :yes: I would love a line buddy. I assume you can't sit in a seat to save your life either. :hyper:

That is right u2forlife..... It is GA or nothing!! I would not have it any other way. I have never been to Mexico before and would love to see what it is like. I heard tickets go on sale Wednesday!!

:hyper: :hyper:

this was the part of the email that I thought was interesting :hmm:

The presale is only for tickets to this Mexico City show. If you don't
use your code in this presale, you will be able to use it for later
shows in South America, Japan and other possible dates. Details will be
sent out as soon as they are finalized.

I want to know about the other possible dates :grumpy:

if Hawaii is one of them I'm seriously considering it

Back
Top Bottom