OK (duh...) how does GA work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

broken toy

The Fly
I've been purposefully brain-dead about the whole GA operation (I've just had reserved seats so far at other shows)... but since I have floor tix for Portland, I figured I should brush up on the procedure.

How does it work?

Is there benefit (a greater chance of getting inside the ellipse) to coming early or waiting all day? Or just a better position outside the rail if you don't get scanned?

I might be taking a young person, so info, strategies and advice are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm a young person, you can take me! :wink:

Seriously.

For info on how GA works, see the links in this FAQ: http://forum.interference.com/t143113.html

broken toy said:
I've been purposefully brain-dead about the whole GA operation (I've just had reserved seats so far at other shows)... but since I have floor tix for Portland, I figured I should brush up on the procedure.

How does it work?

Is there benefit (a greater chance of getting inside the ellipse) to coming early or waiting all day? Or just a better position outside the rail if you don't get scanned?

I might be taking a young person, so info, strategies and advice are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If by young person you mean a child, I can say your chances of scanning into the elipse are better than normal. I think it's 1 in 10 or something the odds of scanning into the elipse.....my suggestion would be to get to the GA line AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE because the first 200 or so people can pretty much be guaranteed rail spots in GA or inside the elipse. Good luck, it's gonna be COLD in that GA line up!

Back
Top Bottom