NYC hotels near MSG?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jon_lemire

Acrobat
Hey there,

I've got family coming into town for concerts at MSG later this year, and I was wondering what sort of experiences you've had at hotels near MSG? (Since I live in NYC, I've never spent a night at the New Yorker, or the Southgate, or others near the Garden)

Any opinions? Recommendations? Places to avoid? Plus, what sort of prices should they expect?

Thanks so much -- you can either post here or e-mail me at jon_lemire@hotmail.com

do not stay at the Hudson hotel. It's got a funky lobby but the rooms are the smallest in NYC. We had the misfortune of staying there for one night in October... whole hotel was without water the next morning, and then our floor went without power. When we were being set up with the room the guy told us that Bob Geldof was recently a guest in the same level room that we were getting. I bet Geldof was pissed too. The room was 144 sq. feet which is 12x12. My bedroom at home is bigger. When you sat on the toilet your knees literally were hitting the wall in front of you. And there was a glass wall between the shower and the bedroom... if you're into that, then this place might be for you! :wink:

The next night we stayed at the NY Helmsley... a little dated, but the room was huge and the location was a bit better.

The Hotel Pennsylvania is directly across the street from MSG, so that may be a consideration, but from what I've heard, it's not very nice. If your guests are just looking for a roof over their head, it's probably fine, but if you want a little atmosphere, I would recommend something else.

I've been to NYC a few times, stayed at the InterContinental Barclay, NY Helmsley, Sheraton, Millennium Broadway, and the Hudson. I'd recommend them in that order.

As far as prices go, shop around... I've paid between $120 and $180 a night at all the hotels I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom