NYC Fans - how did people do at MSG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried for a pair of the $169.50s (not available), then a pair of Best Available (not available), and finally (2) singles - one in SEC 342 and one in 340. Not the best of circumstances to be sure, but it's very humbling to read about the people who were completely shut out after spending the $40 at U2.com (clearly run by non-communicative misfits IMHO).

didn't try, knew it would be a scam...

gonna try full steam ahead on monday... already took off from work.

trying for GA... if i can't get GA, then i'm just getting seats anywhere in the building... don't really care. i'll sit nosebleed for 50 bucks. if it's not on the floor, it doesn't matter... i'll just sit where ever, and then try to work some deals with people i know or people on the 'net to get my hands on some GA tickets.

also... i'm thinking the odds that all of a sudden :shocked: a 2nd MSG show opens up Monday morning is likely. probably on the friday night before the saturday show, as the sunday after the show is booked for a WNBA game.

my condolences

My heart really goes out to all you U2.com subscribers who weren't satisfied with the presale. I know that $40 is not pocket change for many people -- it was way too much for me, which is why I didn't get in on the presale -- so hopefully the band will come up with some gift of apology for you.

Last edited:
I looked at the map and also posted in sixtoe's thread in Zootopia... impressive. I do not know how to post the image here but if any of you knows how to do so, please be my guest, so the scam is more obvious.

Only 2 people got GAs. 0 people got any seats in the loge or the 100 levels.

This clearly rebutts U2.com's statement that "we would have the first shot at the best seats in the house". We clearly didn't and this is a scam.

I will be faxing a copy of this to Principle Management today (in my third fax to them) so they can have a graphic picture of how they robbed us blind.

I do not know about you, but I am getting madder by the hour. Too bad I am not a hacker so I can destroy this stupid website.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was lucky enough to get decent tickets - section 233 at $165 each. My roommate entered in her code in caps (dummy) and because of the delay, is in the 400's, Both of us got in, but then again, we were both on a high speed connection. Dial up or DSL must have been a nightmare.

I feel bad that so many people got screwed. My brother, who lives in San Diego did too. I told him to call TM and complain. Sure enough, they called him back later in the day and told him he had half an hour to complete his purchase. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. He got greased into the nosebleeds. Oh well, small venue. He's just relieved that he's in for the opener.

My final thoughts on this whole debacle...

U2 isn't really to blame. All this shit comes down from Ticketmaster. They hold all the cards in this country. Pearl Jam took them on and lost. U2 wouldn't win, and neither would the millions of us, unless there's a major boycott. Idealistic but not realistic. Ticketmaster is the second most corrupt and awful corporation I know of, right next to their partners in crime, Clear Channel. (I won't even start on them, the biggest cancer the music business has ever known.)

I really don't believe that U2.com is to blame. $40 is steep, I'll give everyone that, but I've dealt with this type of shit with Ticketmaster on every occasion. The Elevation Tour was the only tour in recent U2 history that was profitable. They lost about a quarter mil a day on the Pop Mart tour, so maybe they didn't think a stadium tour was the right route. Even so, the demand here was obviously underestimated. Be confident that it will be resolved - through extra shows for this leg or on the third leg of the tour. This band appreciates their fans, and they'll come through in the end, with tickets for those who didn't get them, and with ridiculously kickass performances in every city they play. Good luck to all of you.

I couldn't get anything during the pre-sale or the general sale. :( I saw U2 at MSG all 5 times during the Elevation tour. I was really looking forward to having that experience again. :(

Ok, I also just got a call from Ticketmaster offering me GAs for New Jersey after I sent the e-mail. So it is DEFINETLY legit.

Unfortunately, there are no GAs left for Madison Square Garden so I had to decline their offer since I am traveling to NYC... However, they have GAs left for Continental Airlines Arena so keep up the hope and contact Ticketmaster.

I guess it will just be Philly for me on their first leg... I can hopefully make it to NYC in the third one.

U2@NYC said:
Ok, I also just got a call from Ticketmaster offering me GAs for New Jersey after I sent the e-mail. So it is DEFINETLY legit.

Unfortunately, there are no GAs left for Madison Square Garden so I had to decline their offer since I am traveling to NYC... However, they have GAs left for Continental Airlines Arena so keep up the hope and contact Ticketmaster.

I guess it will just be Philly for me on their first leg... I can hopefully make it to NYC in the third one.

:applaud:

I am soooo holding onto hope for that phonecall. I want the ga for NJ. What did you say in your email?? :sigh:

one4u2 said:

:applaud:

I am soooo holding onto hope for that phonecall. I want the ga for NJ. What did you say in your email?? :sigh:

Very simple and to the point... just mentioned I had tried to get whatever seats for MSG and was shut out in both the pre-sale and the general sale.

Note: if you send your e-mail to the general Ticketmaster contact it will probably get lost, you have to send it to a specific person (the one that sent you the e-mail). I think they are centralizing all this process through a Ticketmaster office in CA.

U2@NYC said:

Very simple and to the point... just mentioned I had tried to get whatever seats for MSG and was shut out in both the pre-sale and the general sale.

Note: if you send your e-mail to the general Ticketmaster contact it will probably get lost, you have to send it to a specific person (the one that sent you the e-mail). I think they are centralizing all this process through a Ticketmaster office in CA.

I did send it to a direct person, twice :sad: Damn, I wish you took those tickets I would've bought them from you :sigh:

one4u2 said:

I did send it to a direct person, twice :sad: Damn, I wish you took those tickets I would've bought them from you :sigh:

The problem is that I would have been left without the U2.com code for the third leg... and, plus, I did not want to deprive another fan of getting a shot at them.

But, hey, I have to confess, the temptation of buying them and blowing off work was indeed very high.

I would hold a little... they will call you if you sent your e-mail to the right person (Debbie X.).

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

The problem is that I would have been left without the U2.com code for the third leg... and, plus, I did not want to deprive another fan of getting a shot at them.

But, hey, I have to confess, the temptation of buying them and blowing off work was indeed very high.

I would hold a little... they will call you if you sent your e-mail to the right person (Debbie X.).

I would've given you my code it's still good, what time of day did they call you?

And what is Debbies last name?:wink:

one4u2 said:

I would've given you my code it's still good, what time of day did they call you?

And what is Debbies last name?:wink:

They called around 11:00 a.m. EST.

Sorry, I cannot disclose the name as it was given to me in confidentiality... but I am sure that if you e-mailed this specific person, they will call you.

Keep me posted! :up:

U2@NYC said:

They called around 11:00 a.m. EST.

Sorry, I cannot disclose the name as it was given to me in confidentiality... but I am sure that if you e-mailed this specific person, they will call you.

Keep me posted! :up:

I've emailed specific people and still get the tickets are sold out email. My friend however, got an email last night saying she will be contacted via email..I have no idea what to make of that.

OK here's my draining update. I actually called TM and got a great person on the phone and spoke to her nicely for a good 40 minutes. She told me they have a list of names they are calling given to them by U2.com. I gave her all my info, code, everything and she went to check the list for me which to my displeasure I was not on :eyebrow: So basically, she couldn't offer me anything b/c she wasn't sure if I was a U2.com member :mad:, they're being weary of scalpers whatever. She said they're getting updated lists daily and that she will call me in the morning and talk to the group of people handling this issue. I told her how great she was,etc. I then proceede d to email U2.com to let them know my displeasure and that I couldn't get tickets b/c I wasn't on ticketmasters list apparently given to them! Awhile later I decided to call U2.com/fanfire to give them the story and question why ticketmaster has no idea of my existance etc..When the girl on the phone said to me actually schocked that she knew nothing of TM calling members :eyebrow: and that she is writing all of this down to give to a supervisor immediately :confused: and it will be looked into..I then asked her how could she not know about any of this it's in the media and on the internet :der: So somewhere along the way I hope I didn't screw myself up!

Last edited:
Hello there, I live in los angeles and i am trying to come to N.Y.C to see the concert. I tried to become a u2.com paid member and they wouldn't take the credit card and I am a free member but it won't let me into the website, well anyway i would like to see U2 at MSG if possible. I would like a decent seat for one. Does anyone have a ticket they wan't to sell?

Actually when we bought Sec 126 in NJ they were pretty good, but then they switched the stage and that was that. I have two for $360 that were good at the time and they won't do anyting about it either.

MICHU2 said:
Actually when we bought Sec 126 in NJ they were pretty good, but then they switched the stage and that was that. I have two for $360 that were good at the time and they won't do anyting about it either.

126 is good :eyebrow: Very good!

Back
Top Bottom