number in lineup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andromeda

The Fly
Hey Brisbane GA'ers

Can anyone tell me if you get a line number when you are waiting in queue? And if so - can you leave the line? And how long can you leave the line?

Ps what time did everyone arrive to get the front row?

well a girl who is on U2.com gave out raffle tickets in order of place in line, and took names and mobile numbers....

that was only for the first section of the line

as the line doubled back on itself 20 something times, they had a system where you were only allowed to get out and in using a leave ticket

i duno about leaving all together, but they had colour sections for toilet tickets and the first 2 lines had white coloured tickets :wink:

My group of four arrived at 2pm and we had no numbers back where we were.

The security gave out passes to allow people to leave the line temporarily, but when I started to feel faint from heat exhaustion, they became total wankers both to me when I tried to get to the medicos, and then to the medicos themselves! But at least they eventually listened.

Did anyone have to pick up their GA tickets from the venue and if so how did that work? I notice for Adelaide that GA's are still for sale on the ticketmaster web site but the only 'delivery' option is venue pick up. I wonder how does that work in with the GA line? I am considering swapping my Adelaide A Reserve (refer http://forum.interference.com/t168092.html) for a GA and if I buy a GA then I'll have to pick it up on the day. I wonder what time pick ups start from?

I was at the Brissie show, but from my spot I couldn't see what the B-stage set up was - was it an actual ellipse, or just the 'dangly' bits?? Do they actually close off the front area to separate it from the main part of the crowd?

There's two 'dangly bits' (great description!) coming out of either side of the stage. Back from these there is a 180 degree fence that defines the so-called 'elipse'. Entry to that area is restricted to those lucky enough to get in there and judging from above this is first come first served + corporate wankers who probably get to stroll in at any time of their chosing.

corporate wankers was only for the brisbane show.... and they came in after the rest of the GA people and therefore got worse spots :wink:

Well I'm going to be a corporate 'wanker' on 1/11 and yes there are corporate GA tickets in Sydney. I am doing the standard GA thing on Friday night though and lining up all day - hopefully that makes me a real fan (which I have been for 20 years). Actually I agree I'm sure most are 'wankers' though.

I can tell you that Sydney 1 has corporate 'wankers'. People I work with got tickets from stock brokers and those tickets guarantee them a walk up start into the 'elipse'.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Hey are u allowed to save a spot for someone in line?!

For example my friend cant line up till 5 so am I allowed to wait in line earlier and save a spot for them?

No. Yesterday, they were saying late arrivals had to go to the back of the line.

andromeda said:
what time did everyone arrive to get the front row?

yeah. i would love to know. i have GA for sydney. and i want to know how early i need to get there...

so am i right in saying you get tickets to let in... and if there isnt an actual eclipse there is no system to pick out who is 'inside' the runway...

any info would be great!

kennerado said:
I dont really want to go into Melbourne on Friday night but I will if I have to in order to get to the front.

Melbourne is like a sexy woman on a friday night...

what about coming and going during the day? ie there are 4 of us, can two stay in line while the others get food, go to the loo, go for a walk etc then swap over??

We showed up at 5am and were about 15th in line... had no trouble getting rail on Edge's side. Some of my other friends didn't show up until after 7am and they were rail on the left b-stage. We were most likely very lucky though (e.g. it was raining the night before, the venue is relatively small compared to other stadiums, it was a work day, it was Melbourne cup day, it's Brisbane etc.).

Oh, and Andrew: my mate had to get a ticket printed, and ended up walking a few kms to ticketmaster at Rebel Sport to get his ticket printed because the security guard said the box office wouldn't be opening to later and it would be easier to get it printed earlier. So not sure exactly what time it will open or whether you can pick it up the day before in Adelaide - maybe call up the venue or ticketmaster?

Guys, it was an awesome day. We arrived at 630am 77th in line. Everyone looked out for each other and we made new friends. We got on the barrier of LHS B-stage. The nice people standing behind us during the gig arrived at lunch time and the people behind them 2pm.

Queue minding is strictly policed. But don't panic. If you get there during the day you'll be right in amongst it.

Have a great one Syd, Adel, Melb & Auck peoples.

tourist said:
Guys, it was an awesome day. We arrived at 630am 77th in line. Everyone looked out for each other and we made new friends. We got on the barrier of LHS B-stage. The nice people standing behind us during the gig arrived at lunch time and the people behind them 2pm.

Queue minding is strictly policed. But don't panic. If you get there during the day you'll be right in amongst it.

Have a great one Syd, Adel, Melb & Auck peoples.

that would mean you were in sombraro mans party? or perhaps blue eskie stolen drinks party? :wink:

shaynar said:
does anyone know if there was any sort of seperate line for u2.com members like there was with the arena shows??

Also, any word about being allowed to camp out overnight at the telstra staduim?
I don't think there is a seperate line. Brisbane didn't have one. And there is no sign of one in Sydney. Which leads to...

It's 10:30pm Thursday night and I've just been out to the stadium in Sydney to check things out. It's near where I live. There are people lined up already. A few hundred. The security guards are cool about it, so the previous advice about not being allowed to camp overnight is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom