Now that Australia/NZ/South America is a done deal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukea

The Fly
(for all intents and purposes)

...is North America going to get some more dates next year?

15-20 stadiums of Vertigo "outside broadcast" would be a nice, profitable, fun way to end the tour, especially in high profile venues like Fenway & Wrigley.

I think North America has gotten more than enough. :lol: That said, I wouldn't complain if we got a stadium tour.

Considering how fast the tickets went for Legs 1 and 3, I think U2 could easily justify making a return trip here next year. The demand is obviously there.

well if the U.S. has a valid reason for a return, then europe defiantley has, all STADIUMS sold out? highest grossing tour of all time in europe?

europe deserves another leg, the amount of citys they left out is amazing

I don't think the Red Sox want them there anymore after seeing what the Rolling Stones did to the field this past August.

KUEFC09U2 said:
well if the U.S. has a valid reason for a return, then europe defiantley has, all STADIUMS sold out? highest grossing tour of all time in europe?

europe deserves another leg, the amount of citys they left out is amazing

I'm in North America, and I think they should just go to Aus/NZ/Japan/Africa/Mexico/South America/Eastern Europe before they even think about coming back here

it's a World Tour, not North America and half of Europe Tour

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm in North America, and I think they should just go to Aus/NZ/Japan/Africa/Mexico/South America/Eastern Europe before they even think about coming back here

I agree.

20 Australia/NZ/Japan/South America/Japan dates in February-March

20-30 arenas in Europe in May-June

15-20 North American stadiums in August-September.

TheBrazilianFly said:
A done deal? Has the band released any ofcial statement about South America?! :ohmy: :hyper:

No, just very solid rumours.

Australia is confirmed.

Nothing has been said about New Zealand, I don't see why it's mentioned in this thread.

U2DMfan said:
hey Ax, I am happy for you!!!!
I hope you get more than one or two dates in Oz/NZ.

Thank you! :)

I'm absolutely over the moon, I can't wait for the formal announcement! :hyper:

LemonMacPhisto said:

i agree 100% hence why i said if the U.S. has a valid reason for another leg then why not europe

but imo there are other parts of the world which you mentioned that are more deserving at this time

what exactly did Earnie say?
was it Australia/South America and Japan?
or more?

I am late to the "party" so to speak, I didn't even hear about it until just now.

Is this looking like a 4th leg POPmart sort-of-thing?
I don't think they have enough time for a Zoomerang-esque quick album and tour.

I guess we'll find out next week, right?

Axver said:

No, just very solid rumours.

Australia is confirmed.

Nothing has been said about New Zealand, I don't see why it's mentioned in this thread.

The info from info@numb.ie is that nothing is confirmed. :ohmy:

But I hope that we can think Australia (from Paul McGuinness) and S. America (from crew clipboards ¬¬) are confirmed. :drool:

yeah... besides, Australia is 99% sure... just as the Rolling Stones were 99% sure in chile, yet they passed :sad:

WHERE are those South American rumors? :rant:

lukea said:
(for all intents and purposes)

...is North America going to get some more dates next year?

15-20 stadiums of Vertigo "outside broadcast" would be a nice, profitable, fun way to end the tour, especially in high profile venues like Fenway & Wrigley.

I've always thought that perhaps before or after the S. American and Mexican dates U2 would add a few dates in US stadiums (NY/NJ, Boston, Chicago, LA, FLA) to perhaps counter the Mex/S. American dates financially--and because they'd be in the same side of the world and they might as well :wink:

(Oh, and because they will want to play songs from the new album on American soil!.....eh, a girl can dream...)

i'd be really surprised if the band tour north america or europe in summer 2006. they will have done quite a long tour already and have played so many dates in both places already.

KUEFC09U2 said:
i agree 100% hence why i said if the U.S. has a valid reason for another leg then why not europe

but imo there are other parts of the world which you mentioned that are more deserving at this time

which other parts of the world do you mean?

i forgot to mention Africa in my original post

End of U2.com newsletter:

That's about it for now, except to say that we are anticipating more exciting news in the next few days. U2.Com will have it first - keep an eye on the site!

U2DMfan said:
what exactly did Earnie say?
was it Australia/South America and Japan?
or more?

I am late to the "party" so to speak, I didn't even hear about it until just now.

Is this looking like a 4th leg POPmart sort-of-thing?
I don't think they have enough time for a Zoomerang-esque quick album and tour.

I guess we'll find out next week, right?

All Earnie said is that Australia is confirmed, it's definite. He doesn't have information on any other countries though, so at the moment, South America and Japan are still at the solid rumours stage.

The announcement will be next week, though we're expecting the Sunday papers here to blow it before then.

Axver said:

All Earnie said is that Australia is confirmed, it's definite. He doesn't have information on any other countries though, so at the moment, South America and Japan are still at the solid rumours stage.

The announcement will be next week, though we're expecting the Sunday papers here to blow it before then.

and they just announced iTunes in Australia too... hmmmm.....

The current North American leg of U2's Vertigo tour wraps up on December 19th in Portland, Oregon. Meanwhile, there's already speculation about what the Irish quartet plans to do in 2006. Guitarist The Edge told us that the group hasn't yet decided where, or even if, it will play next year: "We haven't had any kind of formal approach for 2006. There's been lots of vague discussions about it, and I don't really think we can say definitively at this point, one way or the other...We don't even really have an agenda to consider. We're still, our focus is really on this tour right now to the end of the year, and then we might do something in Australia and Japan. Again, it's kind of too early to say."

u2wedge said:
The current North American leg of U2's Vertigo tour wraps up on December 19th in Portland, Oregon. Meanwhile, there's already speculation about what the Irish quartet plans to do in 2006. Guitarist The Edge told us that the group hasn't yet decided where, or even if, it will play next year: "We haven't had any kind of formal approach for 2006. There's been lots of vague discussions about it, and I don't really think we can say definitively at this point, one way or the other...We don't even really have an agenda to consider. We're still, our focus is really on this tour right now to the end of the year, and then we might do something in Australia and Japan. Again, it's kind of too early to say."
What about South America, Edge? Damn. :sad:

FUCKING HELL YES!!!!

Font will get a lot larger if that is confirmed.

Axver said:

If the word that's started floating around today is true, it looks like I will have to gleefully not only retract this statement but change it to "U2 are coming to New Zealand for the first time since 1993".

:hyper:

according to atu2.com
Update, Nov. 4: Our friends at U2NewZooland.com are reporting that U2 will play two shows in Auckland -- March 16 and 17 at Western Springs Stadium.

I somehow managed to totally fail to notice I had already posted before my previous one.

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom