November or December or Both?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arcadion

Acrobat
Well the latest is:
"replay the shows they would have played in March"
"all set for november"

Therefore:
March 17 & 18 AUCKLAND Ericcson Stadium
March 21 BRISBANE Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
March 24 & 25 MELBOURNE Telstra Dome
March 28 ADELAIDE AAMI Stadium
March 31 & April 1 SYDNEY Telstra Stadium

becomes:
November 24 & 25 AUCKLAND Ericcson Stadium
November 28 BRISBANE Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
December 1 & 2 MELBOURNE Telstra Dome
December 5 ADELAIDE AAMI Stadium
December 8 & 9 SYDNEY Telstra Stadium

If the Auckland 24th/25th rumours are true.

So what is it, November or December?

Rumored Melbourne and Sydney dates are both before the rumored Auckland date - the rescheduling doesn't mean it will be the same order as originally, Auckland might be after Australia now. Think it will be all November for Down Under, with Japan and Hawaii in early December.

Pop Artist said:
Rumored Melbourne and Sydney dates are both before the rumored Auckland date - the rescheduling doesn't mean it will be the same order as originally, Auckland might be after Australia now. Think it will be all November for Down Under, with Japan and Hawaii in early December.

I am thinking this is also how it is going to pan out. Makes perfect sense, logistically anyway. I just wish it would be ANNOUNCED NOW!

It's GOT TO BE November now, as Robbie William's Australian stadium tour was announced today, hes doing...

Perth Subiaco Dec 1
Adelaide AAMI Stadium Dec 5
Sydney Telstra/Aussie/Olympic Stadium Dec 9
Brisbane Suncorp Dec 13
Melbourne Telstra Dome Dec 17

So the U2 tour will be finished by early December AT THE LATEST.
Come on, bring on the announcement!!!

ChargedVT said:
It's GOT TO BE November now, as Robbie William's Australian stadium tour was announced today, hes doing...

Perth Subiaco Dec 1
Brisbane Suncorp Dec 13

The band is tentatively scheduled for Hawaii on December 9 - per an article in a Hawaii newspaper which was also printed on Interference and many other U2 sites

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158739&highlight=hawaii

Last edited:
ChargedVT said:

Perth Subiaco Dec 1
Brisbane Suncorp Dec 13

Why does it have to be November just because of that schedule? Their schedules don't necessarily have to clash. For example:

Robbie: Perth, 01/12
U2: Brisbane, 01/12
U2: Sydney, 04/12
Robbie: Adelaide, 05/12
U2: Sydney, 05/12
U2: Melbourne, 08/12
Robbie: Sydney, 09/12
U2: Melbourne, 09/12
U2: Adelaide, 12/12
Robbie: Brisbane, 13/12
Robbie: Melbourne 17/12

Not a clash in sight. The closest they come is a four day gap - easily enough time for one to pack and vacate the venue before the other arrives. (In fact, there isn't even a venue clash in Brisbane.)

Now why can't U2 do that?...

A - Play Perth
B - Play the better Venue in Brisbane
C - Announce Dates :wink:

So It'll be two trips to the Testra Dome for me in December! :ohmy:

bono_man2002 said:
Now why can't U2 do that?...

A - Play Perth
B - Play the better Venue in Brisbane
C - Announce Dates :wink:

Innovative concept, eh? :|

Axver said:

Innovative concept, eh? :|

Perth can is only able to host one concert per year?, otherwise they will be without power for a month?...or?, Still...how come "the biggest band in the world" can't play at least 1 show in Perth?, Dont say it costs too much to get over there, its like in the AFL that players need to be rested cause its too far to travel. Its not reason enough.

I know U2 can't play EVERYWHERE!, but since 1993 in Australia, someones always missed a tour, they are coming all this way, prehaps Perth needs to change its name to New York.

/End Way Off Topic Rant :lol:

bono_man2002 said:
I know U2 can't play EVERYWHERE!, but since 1993 in Australia, someones always missed a tour, they are coming all this way, prehaps Perth needs to change its name to New York.

I think you're onto a winner there.

And while we're on this topic, what the hell is it with giving New Zealand the shaft all the time? NZ has some of the best per capita attendance for U2 concerts in the world, and yet they haven't played Wellington, the second largest city, since 1989! Only three Kiwi cities have EVER had U2 concerts; personally, I think that if U2 timed it right, they could sell out stadiums in AT LEAST five cities and possibly more.

And let's not even get started on the neglection of Asia and Africa; let's send U2 an atlas instead with all of North America and western Europe ripped out.

Oh, and with regards to your AFL player analogy thing, the Super 14 rugby union operates successfully across two continents and a couple of islands, the distance of half the world. If a rugby tournament lasting months can be successfully staged yearly over such massive distances, how damn hard can it be for U2 to play a couple more cities? Go to Perth, and while they're at it, how about Canberra or Hobart or Cairns or somewhere? Dire Straits did it! And maybe come here more often too. Hell, if Opeth can make it here twice in three years, so can U2!

"Too much of a good thing is a bad thing" bollocksy excuse, perhaps?

And we thought the U2 tickets went fast...
Robbie Williams' stadium tour of Australia sold out instantly. First Sydney show and Melbourne both sold out in half hour, as did Brisbane and Perth, second Sydney show sold out next day, and Adelaide took two hours to sell out.
Over 300,000 tickets sold in all, and they are already going for absolutely ridiculous prices on Ebay.

One thing this is telling me is that U2 should play Perth for sure, they'll have no trouble selling that out, and I know they could nearly fill Brisbanes QSAC for a second show.
Between U2, Robbie and even Pearl Jam the end of this year will be huge for Aussie music fans.

On TV

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 08:30 AM
U2, will be promoting U2 by U2
NBC-TV/Dateline NBC/Today Show

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 :
TELEPICTURES PRODUCTIONS/Extra...The Entertainment Magazine

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 09:00 AM
CBS-TV/Early Show

Thursday, September 28, 2006 :
CNN/American Morning

from http://www.harpercollins.com/authorevents.asp?ACT=AuthorEvents&EAuthorID=28972

whoever was sick its seems things are going okay. :)

by the way, i wrote to paul mcguinness 2 weeks ago saying how poor form this all is and that he owes the u2 community around Aust/NZ/Jap/Haw some sort of explanation after bono's comments.

got no reply....i wrote again saying i want you to reply to my first email and have got nothing yet either. i wasnt at all rude or anything. it was all well-worded and professional. i thought i'd get something!

maybe they just need a little pressure. could you all please send them something? keep it professional and all that and we might get heard!

this is principle's email:

info@numb.ie

Ha, you'll never get a reply. These people know less about PR than mosquitos.

Axver said:
Ha, you'll never get a reply. These people know less about PR than mosquitos.

maybe if we all send something, flood them with emails and it will make them release a statement.

dont be so apathetic! thats how nazi germany got started you know! ;)

I hate to do it, but I think it's finally time to send in the tickets for a refund. With U2 able to get to the studio this summer, it's pretty sorry that they/management/whatever don't have the balls to issue a 2 line statement telling everyone what is very obvious.

weinerdog said:
I hate to do it, but I think it's finally time to send in the tickets for a refund. With U2 able to get to the studio this summer, it's pretty sorry that they/management/whatever don't have the balls to issue a 2 line statement telling everyone what is very obvious.

Don't do it at least until Sunday when I can talk you out of it in person :wink:

weinerdog said:
I hate to do it, but I think it's finally time to send in the tickets for a refund.

That's what I ended up doing yesterday. :(

Some unanticipated expenses meant that I couldn't really justify keeping that money tied up any longer, especially given the lack of official communication. On the bright side - and in keeping with my recent run of extraordinary bad luck - now my tickets have gone back, I'm sure we'll hear something official in the next week or so.

bono_man2002 said:

Perth can is only able to host one concert per year?, otherwise they will be without power for a month?...or?, Still...how come "the biggest band in the world" can't play at least 1 show in Perth?, Dont say it costs too much to get over there, its like in the AFL that players need to be rested cause its too far to travel. Its not reason enough.

/End Way Off Topic Rant :lol:

:love:

I expect that, as I have tickets to see Robbie in Perth on 1st December, U2 will be playing in Sydney on 1st and 2nd December. So...

Go and see Robbie, have a couple of drinks after the show, hop on midnight horror to Sydney, line up for U2, watch show, hop on flight back to Perth. Only snag in all this...

I have tickets to both U2 shows :lol:

Back
Top Bottom