No more 4th leg rumours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sleus

Babyface
I´m a rather optimistic person, but I´m gonna contradict that now by stating that I find it increasingly difficult to believe we will see a fourth leg in Australia/Japan. Let alone shows in South America or even more to come for Europe in 2006.

I mean, shouldn´t we have heard more rumours by now? Some venue officials leaking unconfirmed but very likely dates to the press? Some U2 crew members making a slip of the tongue? Some promotor trying to be fancy and calling attention to him/herself? Or even one of the U2 boys themselves?
But nothing recently. Perhaps they are planning ahead in top secret, or there´s just nothing to be planned so nothing to hide.

My guess: I think U2 will take a 2-3 month break after leg 3, then start recording in the studio with the Mercy-etc songs and work on some new Edge-ideas. Then e release just before X-mas 2006, and if we´re very lucky, a new tour in late 2006 or 2007 which in my guessing will not be a very new show but more like an extention of the Vertigo-tour, so a leg4 after all..

Honestly, I think they still haven't made up their minds.

So all of us who are going to Leg 3 shows need to cheer extra loud so they enjoy themselves even more! :applaud:

I think some people are becoming unduely pessimistic about a fourth leg. It's not remotely too late for an announcement, and some venues have been rumoured. If U2 come here in March 2006, bear in mind that the US leg commencing in March 2005 was only announced in late January!

I do believe U2 will have to make a decision and announcement soon, though. I remain positive.

Yes, you are both right.

I guess I´m in a somewhat autumnal mood today. Or perhaps it´s a bit jealousy as well. Watching all these great setlists for the third leg makes me want the boys to return to Europe so we can have our own ´second Euro-leg´, and then it would be a comfortable prospect once these gig-dates are confirmed.

I wish everyone as much U2-legs as possible. The US have had their second, great if there´ll be more dates for you folks to come. I know I can´t complain living in Europe and having seen them a few times this summer, compared to the fans down under and in South America,, but you know how it is: you always want to see more U2-shows. I´ve seen them 5 times this year. But it is like an addiction. We all want more!!

So, I´ll stay optimistic. It´s not too late for the management to announce a few more legs!!
The sun starts shining again!

cheers,

They'll continue..Australia, Japan, South America, More Europe and back to the US for some stadiums so we can see that outdoor stage! They'll tour to the end of August..take the rest of the year off..start recording in January of 2006 and start touring again in February 2007..thats the deal and I'm stickin too it

petrocs said:
They'll continue..Australia, Japan, South America, More Europe and back to the US for some stadiums so we can see that outdoor stage! They'll tour to the end of August..take the rest of the year off..start recording in January of 2006 and start touring again in February 2007..thats the deal and I'm stickin too it

You do relise this the U2 of the 2000's not the 1980's......

If they're continuing the tour in March, I think it's a bit early to announce anything. I don't believe they're coming back to Europe/US next year either, but I do think they will come to Australia and maybe Mexico-S. America.

If there will be more dates next year, my guess is that dates will be announced in the new year... most U2.com subscribers will have renewed their subscriptions by then, hoping for an extended tour....

wtonis said:
... most U2.com subscribers will have renewed their subscriptions by then, hoping for an extended tour....

After all the crap we went through at the start of this tour, they may get 2 or 3 people to renew...just to watch the video content :wink:

Back
Top Bottom