New "Let's Talk Tour" post at U2log.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Val

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Their friends at U2Japan have given them a scoop on the upcoming u2 shows

Here's what it says:

For months, we haven’t heard any news or rumors about the postponed Vertigo tour dates being rescheduled, but all of that is quickly changing. We finally have some tour information to share from a number of reliable sources.

Our friends at U2japan.com have learned that the Tokyo Dome has been reserved on December 14 and 15 for U2’s use. They report that the promoter and U2 management are locked on the issue of ticket price. U2 want to keep prices fair; the promoter wants to sell “premium” tickets. If U2 perform at the Tokyo Dome, it will likely be to fans all sitting in reserved seats because of Japan’s strict fire codes.

U2japan.com also has learned when and where U2’s stage set is to be delivered to their part of the world. An employee of the sea transportation company that will be handling U2’s set revealed the company expects U2’s set to arrive in Yokohama Port in September or October. If this information is true, it may mean U2 intend to rehearse in Japan before beginning the tour again in Australia and New Zealand in November (the current rumored tour commencement date) — or it may mean the first rescheduled dates will be in Japan — or it might mean nothing other than Yokohama Port is a common delivery point for sets and equipment.

We’ve heard from several sources that the tour route will be slightly different than originally planned, with Australia getting their rescheduled dates first, followed by New Zealand, Japan, and Hawaii. The show at Honolulu’s Aloha Stadium may be a New Year’s Eve show, which fits with the publication of a curious item at Ticketmaster.com on March 1. For a short time on that date, Ticketmaster.com listed an event at Aloha Stadium on December 31st for $1. When questioned about the event, Ticketmaster said it was a placeholder in the system for an event to be announced later. Even then, fans suspected it was for U2’s rescheduled show.

Perhaps the most interesting news we’ve heard is there may be additional concerts in countries that were not previously listed on the tour schedule and countries that have already been Vertigo-ed. Yes, that means the United States. Again.

Of course, we need to point out that all of this information could be rubbish, or it could be true for the moment and false tomorrow. Whatever the case, we like tour talk and are ready for more.

Miringeltje said:
Here's what it says:

Perhaps the most interesting news we’ve heard is there may be additional concerts in countries that were not previously listed on the tour schedule and countries that have already been Vertigo-ed. Yes, that means the United States. Again.

:up: New countries Vertigo!

Of course, US must see the stadium shows too.
(come on, get back to Europe...)

Last edited:
One has to wonder if they're going to play some US stadium dates in an attempt to try to recoup some of the losses they've incurred through this postponement. Normally, I'm all "the US gets too many damn shows", but if shows there will make restarting the tour financially viable, then I'm all for it.

Plus, more setlist parties. :wink:

Axver said:
One has to wonder if they're going to play some US stadium dates in an attempt to try to recoup some of the losses they've incurred through this postponement. Normally, I'm all "the US gets too many damn shows", but if shows there will make restarting the tour financially viable, then I'm all for it.

I would imagine 2 added aussie shows could recoup losses. I think the original 4th leg grosses(including latin dates) were estimated to be in the USD$100mil range.

I wonder how these dates fit in the with the "highest grossing tour ever" numbers.

Only indoor stadiums could really be used for US stadium shows for the first couple months of the year. I prefer the rumours Asia/Asia Minor/India part of the world.

I do find it curious that the make-up dates could be broken up by an Xmas break. Band members would gather quite a few airmiles and jetlag in the process.

u2fp

I don't really buy into the dates past around December 16th. Most of the band and crew have families that will want to spend Christmas, most likely, at home

Even if I do think a New Year's show would be wonderful

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I'm sure they'll all spend a miserable Christmas in the cold and snow of Hawaii.... :wink:

This lends credence to the report by Rolling Stone, eh?

Not really, if you re-read what RS says, they say EARLY December for the year-end blowout. :)

If they return to Europe I'll see every show or something.
The powers that be owe me a U2 concert for the cancellation of the Yokohama date, which I was to attend.
If they extend the tour in such a way, I must see at least one show. Argh. Financial ruin here I come.

U2FanPeter said:
I prefer the rumours Asia/Asia Minor/India part of the world.

Me too.
I'm rooting for China and India!
What about Eastern Europe (Russia)?
Africa?

I'd love it if they did a free concert "under" the Sydney Harbour Bridge to make up for the tour postponement.

And end the tour with a free concert "under" the Golden Gate Bridge in SF. :wink:

Axver said:
more setlist parties.

:happy:

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
Here's what it says:

For months, we haven’t heard any news or rumors about the postponed Vertigo tour dates being rescheduled, but all of that is quickly changing. We finally have some tour information to share from a number of reliable sources.

Our friends at U2japan.com have learned that the Tokyo Dome has been reserved on December 14 and 15 for U2’s use. They report that the promoter and U2 management are locked on the issue of ticket price. U2 want to keep prices fair; the promoter wants to sell “premium” tickets. If U2 perform at the Tokyo Dome, it will likely be to fans all sitting in reserved seats because of Japan’s strict fire codes.

U2japan.com also has learned when and where U2’s stage set is to be delivered to their part of the world. An employee of the sea transportation company that will be handling U2’s set revealed the company expects U2’s set to arrive in Yokohama Port in September or October. If this information is true, it may mean U2 intend to rehearse in Japan before beginning the tour again in Australia and New Zealand in November (the current rumored tour commencement date) — or it may mean the first rescheduled dates will be in Japan — or it might mean nothing other than Yokohama Port is a common delivery point for sets and equipment.

We’ve heard from several sources that the tour route will be slightly different than originally planned, with Australia getting their rescheduled dates first, followed by New Zealand, Japan, and Hawaii. The show at Honolulu’s Aloha Stadium may be a New Year’s Eve show, which fits with the publication of a curious item at Ticketmaster.com on March 1. For a short time on that date, Ticketmaster.com listed an event at Aloha Stadium on December 31st for $1. When questioned about the event, Ticketmaster said it was a placeholder in the system for an event to be announced later. Even then, fans suspected it was for U2’s rescheduled show.

Of course, we need to point out that all of this information could be rubbish, or it could be true for the moment and false tomorrow. Whatever the case, we like tour talk and are ready for more.

I thought 1 stadiums worth of tickets has already been allocated an sold for Japan? They already decided on GA tickets, which are allowed on other Japanese GA shows like FujiRock and SonicFest.

<<Russia>>

Who wouldn't want to play Russia or Eastern Europe in December/January? Maybe incorporate "nature's confetti" into a COBL opening?

u2fp

Fingers crossed for a number of shows in Europe.......
It would be kick-ass if U2 would play warm-up shows in Europe in September..... :drool:

U2FanPeter said:

I thought 1 stadiums worth of tickets has already been allocated an sold for Japan? They already decided on GA tickets, which are allowed on other Japanese GA shows like FujiRock and SonicFest.

Well, U2 has switched venues for postponed dates before, with the Lovetown Amsterdam dates being rescheduled for Rotterdam.

I'm wondering if they're switching from Yokohama to the Tokyo Dome because the Tokyo Dome is enclosed and it's wintertime then in Japan?

U2FanPeter said:
<<Russia>>

Who wouldn't want to play Russia or Eastern Europe in December/January? Maybe incorporate "nature's confetti" into a COBL opening?

:lol:

They'll just have to drink a lot of vodka and wear some of those (fake) fur hats to keep them warm.
Or play indoors. :wink:

Yeah, it must be clear by now that I post without thinking.
Yeah, I'm really doing great today!

'Cause elsewhere on this forum, Axver pointed out to me that "he's under the impression U2 can't play China, given that they support a free Tibet."

Last edited:
Axver said:

Well, U2 has switched venues for postponed dates before, with the Lovetown Amsterdam dates being rescheduled for Rotterdam.

I'm wondering if they're switching from Yokohama to the Tokyo Dome because the Tokyo Dome is enclosed and it's wintertime then in Japan?

There was also the Portland/Tacoma switch in 1992 and a European Stadium in 87(?) that was damaged during a Springsteen concert.

Maybe the Japanese promoters are very eager for a second show?

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Maybe the Japanese promoters are very eager for a second show?

Perhaps. It's worth noting that although U2's album sales in Japan aren't spectacular, they seem to sell tickets pretty nicely for live gigs. It seems the Japanese are more enthusiastic for U2's live shows than albums.

And is anyone familiar with the climate of south-east Asia and India during December? Because I imagine winter weather would be a hindrance to shows in South Korea or Mongolia (anyone remember the rumour about U2 in Mongolia, October 2005?), but could they play outdoors in December in countries like Singapoore, Thailand, and India?

Axver said:

Did somebody say SETLIST PARTIES??? :hyper: :hyper:

I've never seen U2 live... if they play Philly at Citizens Bank Park or the Linc, I AM GOING. Screw the cost...I will get those tickets! :hyper: :hyper:

Diane L said:

Did somebody say SETLIST PARTIES??? :hyper: :hyper:

:hyper: :wave:

Reachforthelasers_by_sexy_himself.gif

celebrate.gif

When the dates are announced, we should hold a celebratory "no show setlist party".

Back
Top Bottom