New Japan dates? Possibly found...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukea

The Fly
Go to "the online ticket shop dot com" (the link won't post correctly), and search for U2.

Nagoya, Osaka, and four Tokyo's in November.

Last edited:
If this is happening maybe they are planning on more shows because of the delay. Which obviously means Discotheque. And Lemon. :wink:

If you remember back to the original Veritgo tour dates that were leaked around Christmas 2004, Japan was planned for the second half of November 2005, with Australia to follow in decmber. There were multiple cities listed for Japan andthese shows were going to be held in arenas. We all know the band then changed the tour dates to what was officially announced and the fall North American leg was extended beyond the amount fo shows that it was originally planned to have. As a result, Japan and Australia fell off the 2005 tour and when the dates were announced for 2006, all shows were to be held in stadiums.

I'm wondering if this site somehow picked up the list of original tour dates for Japan, as planned back in December 2004 and is listing those dates in complete error. While they could still add other shows in Osaka and Nagoya, there is not enough demand for there to be 4 stadium shows in Tokyo. If the makeup dates in November are all still going to be held in stadiums, then this must be listed in error.

Halup said:
If you remember back to the original Veritgo tour dates that were leaked around Christmas 2004, Japan was planned for the second half of November 2005, with Australia to follow in decmber. There were multiple cities listed for Japan andthese shows were going to be held in arenas. We all know the band then changed the tour dates to what was officially announced and the fall North American leg was extended beyond the amount fo shows that it was originally planned to have. As a result, Japan and Australia fell off the 2005 tour and when the dates were announced for 2006, all shows were to be held in stadiums.

I'm wondering if this site somehow picked up the list of original tour dates for Japan, as planned back in December 2004 and is listing those dates in complete error. While they could still add other shows in Osaka and Nagoya, there is not enough demand for there to be 4 stadium shows in Tokyo. If the makeup dates in November are all still going to be held in stadiums, then this must be listed in error.

Yes, I remember that list- and I originally assumed that as well. I double checked the original itinerary before I posted, and the Fall 2005 Japan dates were going to be November 18, 19, 22, and 23- indoor arena shows at Budokan. No Osaka or Nagoya dates.

Ciao guys,

I am afraid these dates do not mean anything. I saw them a couple of months ago when searching info with Google.
I do not think we should pay attention to them, unfortunately

I am waiting for re schedule Hawaii show. I wish they would make an announcement--SOMETHING--soon. Soooo many people need to make new or adjust their travel arrangements.

Back
Top Bottom