New Japan dates? Possibly found... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 10:10 PM
New Japan dates? Possibly found...

Go to "the online ticket shop dot com" (the link won't post correctly), and search for U2.

Nagoya, Osaka, and four Tokyo's in November.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 05:10 AM
If this is happening maybe they are planning on more shows because of the delay. Which obviously means Discotheque. And Lemon.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Refugee

If you remember back to the original Veritgo tour dates that were leaked around Christmas 2004, Japan was planned for the second half of November 2005, with Australia to follow in decmber. There were multiple cities listed for Japan andthese shows were going to be held in arenas. We all know the band then changed the tour dates to what was officially announced and the fall North American leg was extended beyond the amount fo shows that it was originally planned to have. As a result, Japan and Australia fell off the 2005 tour and when the dates were announced for 2006, all shows were to be held in stadiums.

I'm wondering if this site somehow picked up the list of original tour dates for Japan, as planned back in December 2004 and is listing those dates in complete error. While they could still add other shows in Osaka and Nagoya, there is not enough demand for there to be 4 stadium shows in Tokyo. If the makeup dates in November are all still going to be held in stadiums, then this must be listed in error.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:10 PM
I think those dates were noticed a week or so ago..

I guess we'll know in a few days.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Halup
If you remember back to the original Veritgo tour dates that were leaked around Christmas 2004, Japan was planned for the second half of November 2005, with Australia to follow in decmber. There were multiple cities listed for Japan andthese shows were going to be held in arenas. We all know the band then changed the tour dates to what was officially announced and the fall North American leg was extended beyond the amount fo shows that it was originally planned to have. As a result, Japan and Australia fell off the 2005 tour and when the dates were announced for 2006, all shows were to be held in stadiums.

I'm wondering if this site somehow picked up the list of original tour dates for Japan, as planned back in December 2004 and is listing those dates in complete error. While they could still add other shows in Osaka and Nagoya, there is not enough demand for there to be 4 stadium shows in Tokyo. If the makeup dates in November are all still going to be held in stadiums, then this must be listed in error.
Yes, I remember that list- and I originally assumed that as well. I double checked the original itinerary before I posted, and the Fall 2005 Japan dates were going to be November 18, 19, 22, and 23- indoor arena shows at Budokan. No Osaka or Nagoya dates.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Lets hope so. The Japanese fans, and fans in neighbouring countries where U2 don't tour, will be thrilled
Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 AM   #7
The Fly

Ciao guys,

I am afraid these dates do not mean anything. I saw them a couple of months ago when searching info with Google.
I do not think we should pay attention to them, unfortunately
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

I am waiting for re schedule Hawaii show. I wish they would make an announcement--SOMETHING--soon. Soooo many people need to make new or adjust their travel arrangements.