Need travel advice within europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brkngrrl

The Fly
I need some advice. I live in the US. but will be in Greece when U2 plays Rome. I have managed to find tickets to the show but cannot find an affordable flight to get there! Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a cheap flight from Athens to Rome?

Normally in europe, cheap flights come from the budget airlines,there are quite a few budget airlines in Europe, but none that fly Athens-Rome.

this website gives details of who flys where to where out of the budget airlines,
http://www.flybudget.com/
but the best it offers are very long trips via London/Berlin/Budapest, all of which are quite off route, and will probably work out as expensive as regular airlines, also non of these airlines have connectional policies, so if you end up late in Berlin, you might be stuck there and miss U2 :-(

Have you tried www.expedia.com??

you could think about taking a Train maybe... I don't know the exact routes or lines, but I know Europe has a pretty extensive network....

Thanks for the help! I have tried expedia but the prices are too much, over $500 for a two hour flight! I will check out flybudget.com, I didn't know about that one. Train might be a good idea too...I hadn't thought of that. I will look into it. There has gotta something less than $500 to get Rome!

I know my friend has caught the ferry from Greece to Italy, I know the ferry goes to Ancona in Italy, but Im not sure what port it leave Greece from.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom