My ticket drop experience at MSG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shopgirl144

Babyface
I want to share my experience with everyone, since this topic always comes up - so here goes...

I traveled to NYC on 11/21 to see U2 just one more time, however I did not have a ticket, so I decided to get in the ticket drop line and see what happens. I got in line around 2:30 pm, with about 100 people in front of me. At around 7:15 pm, after standing in line almost 5 hours, I finally got a ticket! It was a seat in Section 74, three rows away from the runway, on Adam's side of the stage! Yes, the ticket cost $170, but if I had purchased the same ticket on ebay/ticket brokers, I would have had to shell out a lot more money! All in all, it was not a bad experience, I made friends with the people in line and many of us ended up in the same section. The worst part was standing in line, in the cold, all that time. I swear at one point, my legs went numb. The payoff was getting that fantastic ticket and the amazing show! When Bono was on the runway, and stood right in front of me on the runway, I swear he was singing right to me! I had such a great time!

On 11/22, since I was still in town, I decided to try my luck again. So, again, I got in line at 2:30 pm, with around 100 people in front of me. This time, no luck! At 9:20 pm, with about 25 people ahead of me, the Security guy announced no more tickets. So apparently, some tickets were released, but obviously not enough for everyone standing in line.

Out of the two shows, I'm glad I got into Monday's show rather than Tuesday's show, since Tuesday's show apparently ended strangely and abruptly.

Would I ever do this again? Probably not. In warmer weather, it might be easier to wait in line, but not in cold weather and it was cold and rainy in NYC. Also, pretty much a gamble - you might get a ticket or you might not. You will need to consider if standing in line for a long time is worth it.

Well, I hope that helps anyone considering doing this.

I had Ga's for the 21st and no ticket for the 22nd, i waited inline for 7 hours and got 1 seated ticket situated right hand side of the elipse by adam, well worth the $169 being from the UK i didn't want to miss the last night at the Msg.

I stood in line for 6 hours on 11/22 and scored 2 GA tickets for my friend and I and enjoyed the show right at the tip of the ellipse, 3 people deep, but still awsome. Stranger ending than the previous night, but it does make it historic! I would do it again.

Shopgirl-
I was number 9 in line on 11/21. Waited from 7am. They did a drop at noon but no GA tixs. That's what most of us in the front waited all day for. I bought a 169 tix in front of the stage (so I can't complain) but they let us get back in the front of the line in case GA's were dropped. They were going for over $900/ tix. I'm a fan but that's ridiculous. The sad part was I was number 22 in the GA line but they never dropped any GA's. I waited until 7pm.
But I had fun 11/21 and 11/22 and am back home in California, attempting to get over my cold...
Bump

Back
Top Bottom