MSG Ticket drop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jon_lemire

Acrobat
Quick question -- do we expect that Ticketmaster will release some tickets for the MSG shows in two weeks?

How do these drops usually work -- are there suddenly some online a few days before? That day? When, usually?

Thanks. A buddy of mine (a huge U2 fan who has never seen them) has just discovered that he'll be in town for the 11/21 show, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get a pair that night to surprise him. Any advice you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

The title of this thread freaked me out I thought there was a ticket drop! Just keep checking ticketmaster all the way up until the show :crack:

tickets for MSG this last time around were really, really hard to get. I think some shows dropped but the weekend ones had very few, if any, tickets released.

One4u2, wish I were going to MSG--I missed out on meeting you in October :(

I don't expect a major TM drop for these shows. (I hope I am wrong though.)

The Nov. shows, just like the Oct. 7th, 8th, and 10th shows, were pre-sales shows. As most people know, the major drops happened only for the non-pre-sale shows on the 11th and 14th for the sections by the soundboard (sections 9, 10, 11, and 12) and for the sections directly next to, but slightly behind the stage (sections 63, 64, 70, 71, and the 100 levels behind these sections).

As a side note, I bet the 11th had the highest profit of the shows played that week because they (the promoter, not U2 per se) upped the prices for the seats next to (but behind) the stage from $95 to $165 for these shows.

ruffian said:
tickets for MSG this last time around were really, really hard to get. I think some shows dropped but the weekend ones had very few, if any, tickets released.

One4u2, wish I were going to MSG--I missed out on meeting you in October :(

Why aren't you going? :sad:

MTEdge said:

As a side note, I bet the 11th had the highest profit of the shows played that week because they (the promoter, not U2 per se) upped the prices for the seats next to (but behind) the stage from $95 to $165 for these shows.

Just for the 11th? Wonder why they would do that just for that date? My seat on the 11th may have been one of those with the price hike since it was $169...same seat in NJ and San Jose was $95 but I figured that was just because it was MSG was priced a little different - balanced out with my 11/21 seat 7th row up behind the stage which was only $54 whereas it is $95 elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom