MSG Oct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2fan05

War Child
What are the chances of singles being dropped a week before the October shows. I'm tempted to buy one off ebay and get it over with, but part of me thinks good singles will be available even for the weekend shows.

if you keep checking you will get a ticket, but you have to keep checking and make sure you check around 2pm and 5pm the days before the show and the day of the show

Hey... in regards to MSG.. listen carefully.. For the May show, U2 released what i heard was about TWO THOUSAND tickets. i called TM all day and they had nothing. i got to MSG at about 4pm and kept calling TM and they told me tix were released and MSG sells them at 5pm. At 5pm, TM cant sell anymore. So at 5pm they started letting people in 10 at a time. By 6:45-7pm i got 2 awesome (And expensive) tickets in the 100 sections...they dont give u a choice of tix, but a lot of people just didnt go to the window, they stayed in the front of the line to wait for GA's, etc. the line was long but MSG security was honest and told us to wait and it would be worth the time spent.

I have a feeling that might be the case again. When tickets went on sale, the best pairs that were available were 300s and some lowers. That must mean much of the double digit level tickets must be held back. At least that's what I think. However, even though i'm just needing a single, I'm probably going to stick with ebay since I cannot risk being empty handed and resorting to scalpers outside.

at the may 21st show, they released tickets for a few hours before the show at the box office. if you wait in line at the box office you have a good chance. I lucked out, they were only selling 160 behind the stage tickets and letting people through in small groups at a time, right when i got in to the ticket window they released about 30 GA tickets for $50.....i will never time something that perfectly ever again in my life.

pisania said:
at the may 21st show, they released tickets for a few hours before the show at the box office. if you wait in line at the box office you have a good chance. I.

What time did you line up? I'm hoping for GAs the day of...

I think it was around 5 or 530 when we got there, i was at the yankee vs met game at shea, we took the train to the garden and got in line

haha i did the same exact thing i got there at about 4:45pm right after the mets/yanks game. i got stuck with a $165 ticket but it wasnt in the rear, it was a great seat. the line was super long but MSG security promised they released enough tickets that it would be worth our wait.

one warning.. do not try any funny business while there. they let you up 10 at a time or so. dont buy tickets for other people, dont scalp, etc..they will take u right off the line...even if someone begs u to get tix for them, dont do it

strwar718 said:

one warning.. do not try any funny business while there. they let you up 10 at a time or so. dont buy tickets for other people, dont scalp, etc..they will take u right off the line...even if someone begs u to get tix for them, dont do it

What happens if we are offered seats but i want to hold out for possible GAs. Do I wait at the front of the line, or go to the end?

The GA's were released very close to the start of the show. Basically after we grabbed the tickets, we went across the street and ate for 1/2 hour, when we went to the garden Kings of Leon were already done. Not sure if they were the only ones released or not. Honestly, I just got really lucky. I'm not even gonna try again because I doubt this can happen to me twice.

They let people who wanted to run the risk of waiting to stay in the front of the line. they would ask people who just purchased what seats were left. of course this is a risk because they can run out of tickets. They let us buy up to 4 tickets i think *maybe it was 2* but after i told the guard i needed 2 tickets, he had me walk to the top of the stairs and wait. someone offered me $500 to buy him 2 tickets (so 4 in total) and i refused..the guard told me any funny business i would be removed.

strwar718 said:
They let people who wanted to run the risk of waiting to stay in the front of the line. they would ask people who just purchased what seats were left. of course this is a risk because they can run out of tickets. They let us buy up to 4 tickets i think *maybe it was 2* but after i told the guard i needed 2 tickets, he had me walk to the top of the stairs and wait. someone offered me $500 to buy him 2 tickets (so 4 in total) and i refused..the guard told me any funny business i would be removed.

That secret guard I think got fired after I videotape him letting that scalper cut the line 5 times. So do not listen to the security guard if they pull any funny business themselves. If that happens I will be glad to give out the phone # for MSG security.

Back
Top Bottom