MSG GA Procedure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this may be a stupid question. . . but does anyone know what the U2.com presale ticket coding is? I bought my tickets on ebay and just wanted to make sure they weren't U2.com presales.

Consider me #3 & 3A (the lady) for 10/10 at msg, then. Unless you're going to another show. Then it's 1 & 1A :wink:

DeVaul said:
Consider me #3 & 3A (the lady) for 10/10 at msg, then. Unless you're going to another show. Then it's 1 & 1A :wink:

Actually, my line is for 10/7, 10/8, 10/11 and 11/22. So you're 1 and 1A for 10/10.

An on a serious note. The Fan Club tickets for MSG say N-TYPE.

I have Fan-Club Tickets, but they do NOT say N-Type on them....what does that mean???

Now, I don't know if this is true, but if you have a Fan Club ticket, do you have a better chance at getting into the elipse?? Just wondering....

What time do you think people will start showing up for the saturday show? Also, for you people that are unofficially incharge of the line for the shows (can I call the next number in line???) how long do you think we can get out of line for: like if I need to run back to the place I'm staying for 20 minutes, or if I want to go get food at some point, will there be a revolt upon my return??? One more thing, I haven't been to a show on this leg: do they let the fan club line in first and then the regular peeps line, or is it just some mad rush/pushing and shoving from both lines at once? (And why isn't there a line for us former Propaganda subscribers... we don't get a magazine, we should at least get that!)

jpreece said:
Also, for you people that are unofficially incharge of the line for the shows (can I call the next number in line???) how long do you think we can get out of line for: like if I need to run back to the place I'm staying for 20 minutes, or if I want to go get food at some point, will there be a revolt upon my return??? One more thing, I haven't been to a show on this leg: do they let the fan club line in first and then the regular peeps line, or is it just some mad rush/pushing and shoving from both lines at once?

I'm guessing it depends on the people around you in line. I know for a fact that my girlfriend and I are going to be switching off for about 2 hours to shower before the show, and I don't forsee any problems seeing as we'll have been there for awhile before we leave the line. If you need to hit the br or grab grub, I don't see why it's not ok. Maybe we SHOULD bring a clipboard & paper for the GA list.

As for the fan club line, I have no idea. I have read it's the same time (with the fanclub line being shorter & faster), but it's tough to tell. After Friday's show, we'll know for sure.

My fan club tickets also say N-Type.

What time is everyone getting on line for GA? Especially for Sat. night?

Some, I emphasize SOME, FAN GA's for the MSG shows have B-FAN on them. I had, at one point, four GA's for the 11/21 show, and one pair had N-TYPE and the other pair had B-FAN. (I traded one pair for the 11/22 GA's.)

My feeling is that B-FAN is applicable to those that purchased tix on the second day of presales, and the N-TYPE applies to the Propaganda members that purchased GA's on the first day of presales. I could be totally wrong about that though... And, I don't think there's a real difference as far as getting into the arena goes.

:wink:

I know when I went to a show for Elevation (in Salt Lake City), there were 2 people kind of leading it, and they convinced the arena officials to follow their list. It was amazing. As for that time, it was a FRIDAY and I got there at 9am and was number 270! I thought that was crazy. I'm planning on just getting to MSG on saturday at 7ish (AM). Just curious to see what people think that have been at NY shows???

Hey, jpreece, please let us know about your GA line experience in this thread after the show so we can all be well-prepared.

Anyone plan on denoting their Interference involvement with a sign or symbol? Let's make it a friendly line :laugh:

I'm so afraid to ask...but...I've got 2 fan club tickets paid for by my friend through my membership. The deal is he paid, I wait in line because he works all day and cannot take off. During Elevation people were really cool with letting me save and one spot in line for his arrival at 6:00. (it was the same scenario then). I get the feeling people won't be so accepting this time around. I don't want to experience GA without him, but I don't want to be all the way in the back...

Thoughts? Is this totally selfish?

partygirl33 said:
I'm so afraid to ask...but...I've got 2 fan club tickets paid for by my friend through my membership. The deal is he paid, I wait in line because he works all day and cannot take off. During Elevation people were really cool with letting me save and one spot in line for his arrival at 6:00. (it was the same scenario then). I get the feeling people won't be so accepting this time around. I don't want to experience GA without him, but I don't want to be all the way in the back...

Thoughts? Is this totally selfish?

people can be sensitive about you holding a place in the line for someone who isn't coming until after work, because many take the day off without pay in order to line up, or take a sick day, etc...

I'm getting there a few (3) hours before my girlfriend. I'm just going to hold a "+1" sign, so the folks who come in behind me can't really complain. They'll know right off the bat.

Oops, forgot to add...

That being said, the fact that you'll be there all day and then he comes in at 6pm... probably not cool. See if he can call in, ahem, "sick."

Yeah...he usually works at night- the best he could do was switch shifts and work during the day...guess we'll see how it goes, I don't want to piss anyone off.

partygirl33 said:
Yeah...he usually works at night- the best he could do was switch shifts and work during the day...guess we'll see how it goes, I don't want to piss anyone off.

Find someone to stand with you until he comes, then, have that person excuse themselves for a few moments to "use the restroom" and have your real friend be the one that returns. :shifty:

no one really knows what the GA line at MSG will be like.

in may the line was on 33rd street and at 12 noon, the time i got off the LIRR at penn station, the line had about 10 people in it. there was no GA line in the Garden's portico area.

we also don't know if the nypd will give people a hard time if they attempt to camp out over night.

Come tomorrow, we'll have word. Hesitation and excitement are no longer neck and neck... :dance:

Look what MSG finally posted:

U2 General Admission Line Management Policy
October 7-14, 2005
Policy for Guests Holding General Admission “GA” Floor Tickets

General Admission ticket holders violating any of the following policies will be removed from the GA line and refused entry into Madison Square Garden.

GA ticket holders may begin lining up at Madison Square Garden no earlier than 8:00 AM on the day of the concert. Guests will line up on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each person in line must be in possession of a valid GA ticket. Madison Square Garden WILL NOT be issuing numbered wristbands for line placement.
The GA line will form outside of the Floor Gate (adjacent to 8 Penn Plaza) located on 33rd Street, near 8th Avenue, wrap along the sidewalk toward 7th Avenue.
The GA line area will be cordoned off with barricades and monitored by Madison Square Garden Security personnel.
A guest who leaves the line will lose their place in line, Madison Square Garden will not be responsible for maintaining a guest's position in line.
Ticket holders will not be permitted to hold a place in line for other guests that will arrive later in the day
Any disputes in line placement will result in all parties involved being moved to the back of the line.
GA ticket holders will be admitted into the Arena once the doors open (scheduled for 7:00 PM) with priority access given to U2 Fan Club members.
All GA ticket holders will pass through an “ELLIPSE” gate system that will scan their tickets at random and select ticket holders will be chosen for access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. The selected ticket holders will be directed to the “ELLIPSE” redemption desk to collect their “ELLIPSE” wristband. Each selected ticket holder will be allowed to bring one GA ticket holder with them into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. GA ticket holders not selected for access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area will be directed to the general GA floor area.
Ticket resale or scalping will not be permitted on Madison Square Garden property.
Backpacks, large bags, blankets, lawn chairs, etc. are not permitted inside the Arena and there is no storage for these items inside the Arena. All items must be disposed of in trash receptacles prior to entering.
GA Ticket holders must enter through the Floor Gate, located on 33rd Street near 8th Avenue. GA Ticket holders will not be permitted entry at any other point in the Arena.

**These policies are subject to change. Please follow direction of MSG Staff at all times.**

This seems a little drastic. Are we supposed to pee in soda cans or something? And I also got an email back from MSG saying you could bring in "bags, backpacks or suitcase" as long as you are aware they are subject to search, but that contradicts this. Oh well, I guess I'll just bring my smallest bag possible and a printout of their email and tell them to let me in!

jpreece said:
This seems a little drastic. Are we supposed to pee in soda cans or something? And I also got an email back from MSG saying you could bring in "bags, backpacks or suitcase" as long as you are aware they are subject to search, but that contradicts this. Oh well, I guess I'll just bring my smallest bag possible and a printout of their email and tell them to let me in!

this is really no different than other areans.

you can leave the line to pee... just tell the people you're next to first. :shrug:

jpreece said:

Google for "Stadiumpal" and there is your solution. :wink:

Violate a rule? I don't know about you, but I plan on being there before 8 am. I'll just keep walking around if I get bothered. Or, even more likely, play dumb. Not everyone with GA tickets is going to check the website; I'm imagining many will just show up.

Anyone still going to camp out?

jpreece said:

**These policies are subject to change. Please follow direction of MSG Staff at all times.**

Indeed. Oh, and I Will Follow. :mac:

Yeah, I don't know when I'm going to get there now. I'll be up at 6 studying for my stupid anatomy test either way. I don't see how they can't let us out of the line to get something to eat... although we shouldn't have to eat when we have the anticipation of U2 to tide us over :wink:

I pass through Penn at roughly 8:30 am tomorrow on my way to hell, er, work. I'm going to ask the folks in line what time they got there. I don't want to show up at 7:30 on my concert day to find out that security has let people line up already.

MSGrrr...

will you post it as soon as you get to work so i can check before i head up to NY?

During Elevation people had chairs and blankets. I would imagine you can. I'm taking my chairs and putting them back to my car later that afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom