More dates for America+Europe in 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Word I've heard is that U2 are tentatively scheduling dates but will make a final decision later about whether they wish to end the tour after the fourth leg to make a new album, or continue the tour.

I'm personally hoping for the former.

I am thinking that the pull of playing at the new Wembley is going to be to great for them to ignore.
That is what I am hoping for anyway.

Lisa

BTW - Axver could you open that link - what did it say as I could not open it :)

I'm kinda lost as to why the original poster has linked to Elevation-Tour.com. I co-maintain that website and there's presently no articles on America/Europe 2006, though I have seen vague pieces of information floating around on other websites.

When I first read this thread, the link was different and didn't work, but I assumed the poster had made a typo.

This is what i read
U2 soon to announce March Australian tour dates
(AccessAllAreas.net.au) -- It's 99% confirmed ... U2 ARE DEFINATELY COMING TO AUSTRALIA!

Originally, dates were posted on U2's official website to take place in January 2006 but with the addition of US and European dates, that the band are now expected to be doing shows in March at the same time as the Commonwealth Games.

:huh:

That's talking about the Aussie dates that are following this year's North American and European legs ...

I wouldn't mind more south/eastern Europe dates for a change, but I don't think they will come back.

As for America...3 legs?!?

That is about the only thing that would justify re-visiting US/Europe, karls77. :yes:

timothius said:

When one city in America has more shows in one tour than Australia has had in the last 16 years... how could I be joking!? :happy:

LOL I know, :lol:

I wish I lived in New York!!! and not London

Lisa

If you U2 come back to America they have to bring the stadium production. They could do 10-20 shows. But I agree with everyone, America has been spoiled enough.

karls77 said:
There is no way that U2 will do another NA leg without releasing another album. If they do then they might as well just start recording songs for commercials.

Songs for Commercials, that could be another Passengers project... :wink:

I can't wait for the US return. Maybe more shows in Boston and New York so I can attend both. thank you U2

I would love if they came back to NA in 2006, as I havent seen them live yet and have no plans to do so.
All i Can say is Canad Inns Stadium 2006!

timothius said:

When one city in America has more shows in one tour than Australia has had in the last 16 years... how could I be joking!? :happy:

As a resident of unsaid American city, I do thank them very much for those 8 (10) shows though... :D

After they finish with Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, South America etc, I could see the band finishing up in Europe with 15 to 30 shows in summer 2006. They could fit all that end prior to the end of August 2005 and wind up with a new worldwide record gross for a single tour, with over $500 million total for the Vertigo tour. That would be way ahead of the current highest which is $350 million for the Rolling Stones (Bridges to Babylon/No Security) tour which happened over 1997/1998/1999.

I expect U2 to tour the USA with a Stadium tour. (I didn't say when though, now did I? :wink:)

Actually, I forsee U2 finishing up the fourth leg in Japan, taking 6 to 8 weeks off, and starting a fifth leg (about 16 dates) in the major warm-temperature US cities (LV, Dallas, Miami, etc.) and winding up in the Northeast (New York, Boston, Philly) in June 2006 (somewhat similar to leg one of the POPmart tour). Come mid to late July, U2 would be back in Europe to play in the major Euro cities (London, Rome/Milan, etc.).

I am crazy enough to believe that U2 wants to return to Europe in mid to late July with the Stadium tour for one reason: earlier sunsets. :yes: :rockon: Europe will not get the Vertigo Arena tour, mark my words. :wink:

Last edited:
MTEdge said:
I am crazy enough to believe that U2 wants to return to Europe in mid to late July with the Stadium tour for one reason: earlier sunsets. :yes: :rockon: Europe will not get the Vertigo Arena tour, mark my words. :wink:

..you could be right... problem with European arenas is that they are way too small. Average capacity of arenas here in Europe is about 10.000. That's small.. U2 would have to play 15 shows to meet the demand here in Holland alone..

Back
Top Bottom