Montreal: the city, the arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i'm trying to find a cheap hotel/motel around the part of town that the Bell Centre is in. (within walking distance anyways)

i've looked at some maps, but its really confusing for me. i read somewhere that the arena is in a part of town called Laval? or is it downtown? the arena address according to ticketmaster is 1260 Rue De La Gauchetiere. but i cant find it on a map. any hotel suggestions? or at least direct me to the right area of town.

thanks.

Hey, the Bell Centre is in downtown Montreal. Not Laval (That's really far, you don't want to be staying there!) It's located right near the intersection of Peel and Rene Levesque. There is a link to a map on the Bell Centre website. You can find lots of hotels around the area, however I don't know how cheap you are looking for. In that case there are a few B&B's and hostels also in the area.
I hope that helps!

I don't know what you mean by cheap but here's 3 hotels that are near the Bell Centre:

- Sheraton (on Rene-Levesque Blvd)
- Novotel (on De la Montagne Street)
- Marriott Château Champlain (on the la Gauchetiere Street)

http://www.hotels.ca/index.jsp?newS...nationID=8f8a04fd-75da-44de-a753-01f141dd00f9

Check out this link for hotels near Bell Centre.

I have done 5 or 6 roadtrips for concerts using the same strategy.

I always use Google Earth or Microsoft Streets & Trips to find the venue. Then use online hotel sites like hotels.ca or expedia.ca to find the hotels closest since you can sort your searches based on price or proximity or quality.

When I went to Edmonton last month to see Matt Good, my hotel was a short 30 second walk through an alley to the bar.

The Park Hotel appears to be the cheapest for that particular weekend but about 3-4 km away amd 1 star hotel.

Everything else looks to be about 120 bucks a night and up but nicer digs.

Good luck. Wish I could go but I have already spent to much money this year.

Check out some hotels around Peel and St. Catherine's streets. I saw U2 a couple of times in Montreal last tour and stayed in a hotel once. Can't remember the name. Walking distance though.

SMB

November 28th in Montreal will be my first U2 show. I got the tickets March 19th and have kept that a secret from my U2-fan son who turned 13 yesterday. He'll get the surprise of a lifetime when he gets his ticket at his party on Sunday!

I know it's been covered ad-nauseum about having cameras at concerts, but does anyone know how strict or easy they are at the gates of the Bell Centre for non-pro cameras?

8 months is sooo long to wait. :drool:

Try pliceline using the downtown area. I got 2 rooms at the Hyatt (3 star) for $70 each per night for Saturday through Tuesday. Hyatt is 1.5 miles away with what sure looks like plenty to do in between. I figure bar hop back to the hotel after, or grab a cab split 3 ways is not a big deal.

Anyone know what the GA policy is in Montreal? Or where the line will form/has formed in the past?

I am wondering the same thing about GA line. Called the Bell Centre yesterday and they said, in the past, they have used the wristband system - but they aren't sure yet if that's how it's going to be this time around. As for where to line up, I don't know as I have never been to the Bell Centre.

hollyc said:
I am wondering the same thing about GA line. Called the Bell Centre yesterday and they said, in the past, they have used the wristband system - but they aren't sure yet if that's how it's going to be this time around. As for where to line up, I don't know as I have never been to the Bell Centre.

Ooh, what do you mean by the wristband system?
That they would do like Boston and issue wristbands in the morning and tell us to return around 4 or 5pm?
Oh please let that be the case as the forecast is for -5 weather and there`s no way I`m lining up in THAT! :|

Yes, same system as in Boston. I agree, that was wonderful...no waiting around all day long. They were very well organized. I too am hoping for the same thing here. They wouldn't confirm that's how it's going to be, but I plan to call again as it gets closer to see if that will be the case.

I am coming from Boston as well and need the GA rules! I hope it is the same as Boston, any word yet?

No official word yet...called Bell again today, they (well, the person I talked to) didn't know if they'd be doing wristbands or not. That may just be a Boston thing...not sure. I checked the forecast for Saturday - 29F with snow. THAT should be alot of fun all day long.

The artist entrance is aruond the back of the arena. Never ventured back there, but I may scout it out today.

The person at the Corel Centre in Ottawa told me yesterday that the decision to go ahead with the wristband system was agreed to by both the venue and U2 management because of the bad weather so I would expect Montreal to institute the same policy if that`s true.

Back
Top Bottom