Montreal Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seconds

The Fly
Just wondering who from the forums is going to the U2 concert tomorrow or sunday.

I called ticketmaster and the bell centre to confirm that their will be 2 lines(members, non mebmers)but of course they had no idea.

Anyone else have any info? I work in the old port, so i'll be passing by this afternoon to see if I can get some info.

If anyone else has information, please share.

Oh yeah it's coming! I'll be staying outside the Bell Centre all day tomorrow with a friend. I've heard two hours at which they normally arrive: 14h00 and 16h00 so by 13h I'll be there for sure with my HTDAAB boxset to get sign on their hand prints.

I can't wait! But the downside is that to see them saturday I'll have to pay a scalper

I also heard that he's here already but unless he takes the subway I don't have chances to see him :(

Hey
Im going tomorrow too..GAs so Ill be lining up early. I was wondering, did you get a membership card for being a member of the fan club? Or do you have membership number of any kind? we were supposed to get one but never did...
Also, is wristbands confirmed for the Montreal show...?

Just wondering....cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!

lilhab said:
Hey
Im going tomorrow too..GAs so Ill be lining up early. I was wondering, did you get a membership card for being a member of the fan club? Or do you have membership number of any kind? we were supposed to get one but never did...
Also, is wristbands confirmed for the Montreal show...?

Just wondering....cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!

I didn't get a membership card, but I did print out my profile just incase.

I just came from the GA line. A security person gave us all a ticket with a number on it. He started giving this at around 7 pm today. I got mine at 8 pm. I'm number 102.

Supposedly, he will come out again at 12 am and start giving us the wristband . I left and came home because I wasn't dressed up for the cold weather.

I'm not sure what will happen after they give us the wristbands. Are they numbered wristbands? Or are they just for the random elipse thing?

I'm hoping they are numbered so we can all go home and come back to our positions in line. Nobody knows for sure.

Met some great people in line, from Boston, Atlanta etc. U2 Fans are great. Atleast the outsiders are....

Anyways, its 10 pm right now, so i'm off.

Alright, here's my evening:

9PM
Met fellow U2 fans at their hotel, went out for dinner.

10PM
Everyone splits up to return to their beds, preparing for an early entry into the GA line tomorrow morning.

11PM
I randomly stumble across Seconds' post in this thread, alluding to their being a large number of fans at the Bell by 7PM this evening.

I call the other folks to come down and I head out for the Bell Centre.

11:30PM
I arrive at the ticket area of the Bell Centre, find a security guard giving out red little raffle-style tickets. Mine ends in 575, and I am told the count started at 400. Not too bad I suppose. He explains to me that these tickets will in turn be exchanged for a numbered wristband sometime from 12 - 1AM.

12:45AM
By this time a large crowd has gathered around the entrance to the ticket area of the Bell Centre. A lone security guard opens the doors, big rush of people, then it calms down a bit as we proceed down the stairs.

Basically, the people who had been outside since 7 in the morning Friday seemed to sort themselves out. Next up were the remaining people with numbered red tickets. Lastly, the people hanging around with no red tickets.

They were given wristbands, orange or blue corresponding to U2 fan club membership or not, although the security guys handing them out were not checking really

2AM
I get back to my apartment. Although the wristbands are numbered, I can't determine if they're numbered in order, whether we'll line up at 6:30AM in order, whatever.

Tired, sleep for 3 hours. Good night.

The whole thing was insane. What was the point of these wristbands if we still have to go back early at 6 am to start the line? These wristbands are basically worthless.

When the security guards were handing out the wristbands, everyone was asking them, "what's the point of the wristbands, if we still have to come in at 6 am and wait till the doors open". They had no answer and forced everyone out.

This is crazy, this in montreal in November, it is cold outside. Have some sympathy for the fans. I feel like blaming someone, but who?

Complete disorder. I don't know how you all feel, but this is not worth it for me. I'll just go an hour before they open the doors and see what happens.

THe only thing that I'm hoping for is that there will be a line for GA and fanclub GA and that tha fanclub line will be smaller. Who knows.

Hope you all have a great time at the show, despite this chaos.

Well, basically from what I gather the wristbands were basically to get people to go home for the night and come back the next day because they didn't want to have to police things at 3AM.

Canadiens1160 said:
Well, basically from what I gather the wristbands were basically to get people to go home for the night and come back the next day because they didn't want to have to police things at 3AM.

But what if there are fans who were unaware of friday's line ups and start showing up at 2 am Saturday?

And this means that the wristbands were not given to make it easier for fans, it was only to make it easier for Bell Centre Employees.

I love U2 but I'm not willing to wait from 6 am to 6 pm outside in the cold. Some U.S. fans who were in line with me yesterday, told me that in other venues, there hadn't been this much chaos.

But then again, we are in Quebec, so we HAVE to be different...

Turned out the wristbands from yesterday were worthless.

Got there this afternoon at 5 pm and there were 2 lines. The fanclub line was very short.

I wasn't in the elipse, but we were very close to the outside of the elipse. Great song selection, the band sounded great.

Arcade fire was amazing. Unique, talented and great vocals. Getting their CD tomorrow.

What did Bono mean when he said he was moving to Montreal? Was it an inside joke or something.

All in all a great concert.

Seconds said:
What did Bono mean when he said he was moving to Montreal? Was it an inside joke or something.

I am sure he was just joking. I think they have been partying for the last few days. It's a great city and their buddy is here. What a surprise to have him (Lanlois) on stage tonight. Great show!

Angel said:

Great show!

Amazing show. Poor Lanois was so off during the song Bad.

Although he was the producer for that album, you could tell he was unprepared. He probably hadn't played the song in years. Sounded horrible. He just wanted the song to finish. Then Bono makes him go in the center. He was just hauging it out.

Great show. Everythign was terrific.

I just scored a ticket for tomorrow night!! Albeit from Ebay and nosebleeds, but I am there! YA!!!

Yep I was in the GA area, Edge's side. Fantasitc experience.

I really need to go find someone with a spare GA for the Monday show >_>

Hola!

What night, what a show!...i got into the elipse last night...my mom came with me and she got Vertigo!!!...we both went nuts..lol
and we couldn't believe it, so we got a nice spot on the rail at the end of the Elipse close to where Larry does is drumming for LAPOE...Awesome!....got some smiles from Larry and Bono...*Thud*...never ever seen Larry up that close before...wow he does not disappoint...hes adorable...hehe...sorry Pleba moment.
Anyways Yes the crowd has you probably all have heard by now was extremley loud...Bono was in awe i think...and all those blinky lights...well whatever radio station had that idea...they were smart because Bono loved it!...everyone did...The Bell center was like a huge christmas tree.. during SYCMIOYO i almost got choked up...hehe..
Anyways if i can i will share some pics and video...only problem is my camera does not have sound with the video...so your gonna have to imagine...:)
Ok this is just my ramblings...thank you U2 and Montreal!...we all rocked!! :)

angel_28 said:
Hola!

What night, what a show!...

Glad to hear you had a great time. I unfortunately was not chosen for the elipse. I was right in front of the elipse though. Bono was right in front of us when he played Love and Peace or Else.

Had a great time. Except for this particular drunk girl who kept rubbing herself on me. Man was she drunk! She kept doing the same to all the guys to try and get their gf's attention. Finally security kicked her out.

Arcade Fire was great. Bought their CD this morning.

The sad part is that now I have to wait another 4-5 years until they come back...

Back
Top Bottom