Montreal - Scalper Haven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sinatra

Babyface
I don't know if anybody got tickets the traditional way; waiting in line, but here is my horror story.

Admission had a few places selling tickets for them like The Bay and Uniprix pharmacy. I drove around last night looking for the place with the least amount of people camping out because I had already heard that there were people camping out at the Bell Center since Tuesday. I decided to drive by The Bay and they had a nice amount of people camped out already so I took a chance and went to Uniprix to see if the line was smaller. To my delight there was not one soul in sight, just a note saying that they don't accept credit cards and people have to line up inside the store once it opens and be served by number. So I opted to go home and sleep a few hours rather than wait there by myself.

At six in the morning I returned and again no one in sight. I started to panic because I figured that maybe there were not selling any tickets there. After about a half hour more people started showing up.

At eight-thirty one of the stores employees shows up and asks everybody if they have their number. We all looked at each other asking what number? Apparently for the last week or so Uniprix were handing out numbers to people so they can show up at ten and have a reserved spot on the line! He told us that there were already sixty numbers handed out at that location and that we would be wasting our time there. And his excuse for the reserved line was that the store did not want people sleeping outside.
Who do you think got the tickets? I can tell you it wasn't die hard U2 fans. I was furious, but I felt worse for those people who camped out since tuesday freezing.

Other people I met in line told me that The Bay had a Priority List and another location had a priority list posted on the door with names of well known scalpers at the top!!

Maybe I am naive and thats the way it works in every city but that's just not right. Anyway by the time I found out that they started selling the second show it was too late and now if I want to see U2, I'll have to go through a scalper!

Back
Top Bottom