Monterrey, Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've seen the general Mexico thread but not one for Monterrey. I was in Portland during the sale so didn't manage to get a ticket, but I still plan on going.

Who's in?
Where are you planning to stay?

:hyper:

but looks like we are the only two so far? I'm going and don't have tickets, but I have a few weeks to work it out. I'm thinking I'll stay at the same Holiday Inn that ETS is using, since it is likely close to the venue.

if any of you who are going to monterrey I'll gladly help with any questions you have

Mofo said:
if any of you who are going to monterrey I'll gladly help with any questions you have

:wave: thanks! I wish you could magically make airfares a little cheaper :sad: but seriously, i may well have other questions for you, so i appreciate the offer.

Skjuls, have you found decent airfare yet? I can't get anything below $500!

ruffian said:

Skjuls, have you found decent airfare yet? I can't get anything below $500!

Are you looking to fly out of Lexington??

From the DC area, I have around $450 but I don't know if I'll fly from Louisville or DC yet. Depends on the kid situation.

Prices have been going up too!!!

What day are you going to try to arrive in Mexico?

skjuls said:

Are you looking to fly out of Lexington??

From the DC area, I have around $450 but I don't know if I'll fly from Louisville or DC yet. Depends on the kid situation.

Prices have been going up too!!!

What day are you going to try to arrive in Mexico?

i'm finding the cheapest fares from Cincinnati but they are still outrageous. I'm going to wait and see if they go down after January 1...there is still lots of time to book, esp. since February is not a peak travel time to Mexico. If I can get a decent fare, I'll fly in on Feb 10th and leave the 13th (and if they add a second show on the 13th I'll be sooo pissed).

ohhhh if Barbara is going i am sooo going

I think it makes more sense to fly into a US destination like Dallas or some other close major city and then Drive or fly to Monterrey,

if we could get a group of people to meet at a specific place and time we could charter a bus or plane into monterrey, i was going to look into this

u2rulesmyworld said:
ohhhh if Barbara is going i am sooo going

I think it makes more sense to fly into a US destination like Dallas or some other close major city and then Drive or fly to Monterrey,

if we could get a group of people to meet at a specific place and time we could charter a bus or plane into monterrey, i was going to look into this

:hmm:

so you'll drive? and mix the margaritas with your free hand? and keep me entertained?

I've driven across Texas and about four hours west of Dallas I start wishing vultures would come and pluck my eyes out. :no: And flying to Dallas is still around $350--only $100 more to fly right into Monterrey.

I know you're just trying to be near me by trying to get me into your ve-hi-cle again. You are so transparent. :rolleyes:

flights from cincinnati were $353 last night, now $461 :mad:

i can fly A/W Burbank to Dallas for $178

what airlines are you girls checking?

i would drive before i would spend $461(of my money lol) on airfare

and yes Barbara it is true i am just trying to find ways to be close to you, can you blame me?

u2rulesmyworld said:

and yes Barbara it is true i am just trying to find ways to be close to you, can you blame me?

well...no. :sexywink:

regarding mexico:
unfortunately, i live in a state that doesn't make it easy to fly anywhere! flights to Dallas are seldom less than $300 and because of the funky rules on Southwest you can't fly from here to Dallas.

I'm thinking fares might go down after January 1. That is usually the case, and they typically drop even more after the holiday travel period is over, after Jan. 10.

I've been a pro at finding low fares on this tour, but Mexico is eluding me :angry: I'll keep looking.

:hmm: staying in a shithole...now THAT is almost too good to turn down!

Hi, I am from Monterrey, and let me tell you that Dallas is not exactly near Monterrey. It would take you about 10 hours driving.
If you want to take a bus...the best option is Turimex $40dlls

I would recomend you to take a flight to San Antonio ( 5 hours from Mty) or even better to McAllen Texas, (2 hours from Monterrey.)

If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
patrixsoul@u2.com

Back
Top Bottom