Molly on Sunrise...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Molly made a sort-of announcement on Sunrise this morning. He confirmed U2 would be here in November with extra dates for both Sydney and Melbourne. The way he was talking I thought it was actually announced but I've come to work and I dont see anything on here!

Maybe something is imminent tho....

I'm cynical enough to believe he's full of shit.

I'd like to know what Earnie Shavers and thatsnotmypuppy know/think.

bono_man said:
He confirmed U2 would be here in November with extra dates for both Sydney and Melbourne. [/B]

Yikes! Better get the credit card cleared! It would make sense that they would put on extra dates, if they do bother to come all the way back. Fingers crossed! :dancing:

bazza said:
its going to be announced soon i think...!!!!

I'm giving it a month still. Early August, no sooner.

I hope I'm wrong.

ChargedVT said:
Check out the article halfway down the page at this link....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/stay-in-touch/if-you-want-my-body/2006/07/04/1151778936949.html?page=2

I think this could be for real... Often when U2 play three nights at a stadium they play the first two in a row, have a night off, then play the third, so these dates might be the real thing!
If this is true, then the announcement will be sooner than we might think...

Even the article is ambiguous(at least to me). Article:

The Irish supergroup U2 are set to return to Sydney in November as part of their world Vertigo tour, according to rock industry sources. The band will play at Telstra Stadium on November 10, 11 and 13.

Since the sudden postponement of the tour in March, Australian fans have been continually asking about the band's return. Bono confused matters last autumn, later telling Andrew Denton the new dates would be revealed the day after Enough Rope went to air.

Nothing's been heard since, but the word around Olympic Park is that it is November.

So, the first paragraph states as fact that they'll be there for 3 dates, but then the last sentence merely states that the 'word around' is those 3 dates. Doesn't sound any more concrete than the vague doublespeak we've been hearing for months now...

If U2 come during November, that's going to really suck for university students.

who cares - bugger it! dont let anything get in the road of seeing this experience...you only live once!! infact it will prob make you study/teach better...

bazza said:
who cares - bugger it! dont let anything get in the road of seeing this experience...you only live once!! infact it will prob make you study/teach better...

"I have tickets to a U2 concert postponed from March" is not a valid excuse to miss exams. Now, I don't know about other unis, but UQ has 4-18 November set aside as the exam period. I'd miss lectures, maybe even tutorials for a concert, but I have a GPA of 7 right now and I don't plan on losing it just because I went to a U2 concert instead of an exam.

Axver is right. They should at least be more thoughtful and make the first two shows on a weekend and the third on the tuesday. Is that so hard?

Not that the weekend helps when your university schedules exams on the weekend! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom