Minneapolis: Who's Going??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebloodonelife

Blue Crack Addict
Just wondering who all from Interference is planning on going to the Minneapolis show...

I was planning on it but I couldnt get tickets and ebay/ticket broker is too expensive.

Plus i live 8 hours driving away.

I've got a GA ticket and plan to be in line bright and early that morning. I've been looking forward to this for so long that it's hard to believe it's only a little more than a week away.

I'll be there in the GA line.

I may fly in that morning...haven't decided yet. My friend is flying in in the afternoon from Raleigh...so I am going to HAVE to hold a spot in line...sorry folks.

I'll be there. Not sure when we'll get in line. My bro-in-law and I are going together, but we haven't figured out our plan for the day yet. Both of us have flexible jobs that would probably make it possible to be there right away in the A.M., but I don't know how long he's willing to sit out there. Gotta figure that stuff out.

I hope to see everyone there...I think we're getting up there at 9:30 or 10:00 ish...hopefully that will be early enough to get a decent spot. I can't believe 6 months of waiting will end in one week!!

I'm going. Driving down from Winnipeg on Thursday evening. Should only take about six to seven hours. I won't be waiting in line though because I got nosebleeds. I don't really care though i just wanted to be in the building! I cant' believe it is here. :)

Might go early for sound check to catch a glimps of the boys.

I will be there - getting there around noon or so. I have a buddy who's driving all the way from Colorado to go to the concert with me. I can't wait!

Nice signaute Matt...too bad!

He has had two VERY frustrating weeks.

Spiral...looking forward to finally meeting you!

I'll be there with a GA ticket in hand!

Anyone know where to stand outside to get a glimpse of the boys - or at least Bono - driving into the venue?

I really want to try to get there early but I've got an ETS ticket which means I'll have to leave between 4-5pm to pick it up. Of course, the tickets are just a hop, skip and a jump away at O'Donovan's pub where the ETS party is. Do you think a kind U2 fan would save my place in line?

srl, I'm doing the same thing with the ETS tickets. I'm sure that someone will be nice enough to save your spot. I'm also wondering where the band comes in to go to soundcheck...I'm going to try to ask around on Friday once we get up there and hopefully, I'll find out. You can try to find me in the line and we can try to find out together...I just want to meet Bono!!!

zoney! said:
Nice signaute Matt...too bad!

He has had two VERY frustrating weeks.

Yeah, the Minnesota Vikings and U2 are my two passions in life. I'm so thankful the concert is this week, because it is the light at the end of the tunnel for me right now!

onebloodonelife said:
srl, I'm doing the same thing with the ETS tickets. I'm sure that someone will be nice enough to save your spot. I'm also wondering where the band comes in to go to soundcheck...I'm going to try to ask around on Friday once we get up there and hopefully, I'll find out. You can try to find me in the line and we can try to find out together...I just want to meet Bono!!!

ditto onebloodonelife! i'm going to see coldplay tomorrow night at target so i'll see what i can find out too about where they'll be rolling in and the soundcheck. would LOVE to be within 5 feet of bono...and any of the four for that matter!

so are you going to get in line early and ask someone to save your place when you go get your ets tickets? also, are you a u2.com member? wondering which line i should stand in...if they're seperating u2.com members from non.

zoney - yeah, it's about time for a proper introduction...about 3 of 4 years overdue.

By the way...hate to make any enemies right now, but I gotta say sunday was the first time in a long I've had so much fun being a bears fan in minnesota.

I will be pre-partying around the Target Center, probably Champps or Gluek's. This is my third show so I don't care how close I get on the floor. Hope you all from Winnipeg have a safe trip down. It was a great trip up there for Pearl Jam a couple weeks ago. :)

:sad:

I won't be there. Home sweet home is far away. But I count on all my Minnesota U2 fan buddies (yes, spiral and zoney, I'm talkin' to you!) to give a full report and save me a copy of the bootleg.

:wave: Target Center

I will be there with my 12 year old daughter along with a friend (old fan but has never seen U2 before) and his 12 year old daughter. We can't get down there until the girls get out of school so we are hoping to be there about 4pm. It will be the girls first time seeing U2. We are hoping to get in the ellipse or on the rail so that they have a good view.

Then on Sunday, my wife and I will drive to Milwaukee after picking up our son who is in college in Madison.

What a great weekend!

I'll arrive in Minneapolis in the afternoon and will be in section 112 Row C (3) thanks to the pre-sale.

Spiral_Staircase said:
zoney - yeah, it's about time for a proper introduction...about 3 of 4 years overdue.

By the way...hate to make any enemies right now, but I gotta say sunday was the first time in a long I've had so much fun being a bears fan in minnesota.

Well...hopefully the Bear joy will be short lived. :D

E-mail me: zonelistener at yahoo

I am flying in from pennsylvania and will get to the GA line no later than noon (wish I could get their earlier)

You know....my "fan" GA does not say "fan" like my leg 1 ticket did. Is this a Minneapolis Ticketmaster snafu...or will they be reading it some other way?

My Minneapolis tickets don't say fan but my Omaha ones do which were bought at the same time in the presale and aren't GA. I did GA in Chicago in May on the 10th which was an added date. You'll be okay as long as you have a print out of you member profile from U2.com if you are a paid subscriber.

adamgirl said:
My Minneapolis tickets don't say fan but my Omaha ones do which were bought at the same time in the presale and aren't GA. I did GA in Chicago in May on the 10th which was an added date. You'll be okay as long as you have a print out of you member profile from U2.com if you are a paid subscriber.

Oh, also have your I.D.

HOw do I print that out? Where is the profile?

This is not an add on date like Chicago...but I plan on bringing my Keychain to this show.

I appreciate the help!

It doesn't matter if it's an added on date. Go to U2.com, log in if you aren't already, click on "My Profile" and just print the page. I just clicked on mine and it has my pre-sale code still on it.

I am going to call Targett Center tomorrow and se if they have details. Nothing on the website.

During the elevation tour, the GA line was outside of the front door (near the box office).

Will waiting in line early get me a better chance to be in the ellipse? I didn't think it did, but wasn't sure....

Back
Top Bottom