Minneapolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty we need to hope that they add a show in Winnipeg not Minneapolis(although it would be nice if they did both). I doubt that minneapolis has ever gotten two shows. THey didnt even sell it out in under an hour. THere are still single tickets left.

I was only able to get a sigle ticket - behind the stage/obstructed view - but who gives a shit - at least I'll be there.

The only time they've done multiple nights in the twin cities was Joshua Tree Tour - but they were in St. Paul at the Civic Center.

thetitans2k said:
Betty we need to hope that they add a show in Winnipeg not Minneapolis(although it would be nice if they did both). I doubt that minneapolis has ever gotten two shows. THey didnt even sell it out in under an hour. THere are still single tickets left.

I was only asking that because someone else thought they would. I do want them to coming to winnipeg rather than do two shows there!!:madspit: Someone else brought up the thought of them doing two there and I didn't think they ever have.

thetitans2k said:
Im going to try for 5 tickets together on saturday. Is it going to be impossible to get them even though im going to do at 10:00 exactly on saturday morning?

How come you didn't try for tix this morning?

thetitans2k said:

The thing is it'd be easy for them to add another date after the Friday show. And tickets DID sell out fast, aside from the single obstructed view tickets. I got the "no tickets available" message after about 20-25 minutes. I've no doubt they could easily sell out another show in Minneapolis.

ImOuttaControl said:

The thing is it'd be easy for them to add another date after the Friday show. And tickets DID sell out fast, aside from the single obstructed view tickets. I got the "no tickets available" message after about 20-25 minutes. I've no doubt they could easily sell out another show in Minneapolis.

They sold out real fast. That is why i took the nose bleeds. I knew I would end up with nothing otherwise

Bono's Betty said:

They sold out real fast. That is why i took the nose bleeds. I knew I would end up with nothing otherwise

Yeah, I had decent upper levels strait away from the stage, but I gambled and ended up with nothing... I've no doubt though that I can easily get some decent tickets right before showtime from scalpers (who are deathly afraid of taking a loss by not selling tickets).

PearlJamYield said:
I got in at 10 and got 2 lower reserved and then went back in and got a single GA floor. :)

How is this possible? I logged on at 10 and had a 20 min wait and got sec 232. Maybe because I was asking for three tix? I wonder how that works. Luck I guess. How long did you have to wait for the GA?

Awesome for you!!! :applaud:

I was just worried my friend would get GA's and I'd get skunked cuz I used my pre-sale for Chicago not knowing you could only use it once the whole tour.

It's crazy how some people could wait 15 minutes and get nothing and someone could get as lucky as you did. I wonder how the system works? I know when I was waiting it would say 15...14...13...12..all the way down to 7........ and then back to 15 or more again. It was making me crazy. I thought whatever comes up I'm taking. I'm glad I did. Some people waited 20 mins got nothing.

I don't know but I kept trying and trying. Maybe someone released a GA floor right before it was my turn. People release them a lot you know. I guess I should be extatic based on what I got. :)

You should be peeing your pants!!:yes: I was dancing around the house with my shitty tickets!!:giggle:When it would say 15 min wait would you start all over again instead of wait?

PurpleSeven said:
I was only able to get a sigle ticket - behind the stage/obstructed view - but who gives a shit - at least I'll be there.

:mad:

me too...only I ended up getting 2 extra tickets so if anyone is in need of a single ticket let me know! They are both behind the stage and one is obstructed view but who knows at this point what that means.

I'm just happy to have gotten anything for this show. I almost gave up. :sad:

I got really lucky, and managed to snag 4 GA on 4 separate orders. I tried like crazy for 1 hour at 10am, then gave up when I couldn't get through. I called around 11am when it only single tickets were available to see if maybe they knew anything about a 2nd show. While I had a rep on the phone, she checked and said all she had was upper deck obstructed nosebleed single seats. I declined and gave up. So about 2pm, just for the hell of it, I searched again and was shocked to find a single GA, which I snagged and then somehow managed to grab 3 more. Ticketmaster freakin amazes me....they have the gall to put in those bloated fees, but continually fail to have the basic technical infrastructure to deal with what they KNOW are hundreds of thousands(if not millions) of simultaneous users clamoring for big name acts like U2. After I got the 4th GA(for a friend), I noticed the 2 ticket limit on those, so I expect to lose them, but oh well. I wonder what would have happened if I had chosen the ticketfast thing and printed them? Anyway, if I happen to get the second pair and my friend can't use them, I'll do my best to see that someone here gets them....

I wonder why you can do single GA's and still get them but not 2. That's what happened to me, put in 2 first, then one and got it. I can't believe I got the last available GA ticket.

hey you minnesotans (and others) ....we desparately tried to get tickets last saturday and ticketbastard completely shut us out. We live in a time zone that is an hour behind ya'll, so by the time 10 am rolled around here, our Ticketbastard windows were, of course, all sold out.

It is our family tradition to go to at least one u2 show together. My son lives in St Paul and this Target center show was to be our family u2 ritual show, plus a birthday surpise for him.

Please, please....if you have three tickets, I'd really like em.

veekadee@yahool.com:(

Back
Top Bottom