Miami Parking Questions For Those Waiting In GA Line All Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyboy

Babyface
Where can you park near the American Airlines Arena if you are waiting in line all day. I don't know the area very well, and any help I would appreciate. If you know any info about where to eat while waiting, please let me know. Thanks.

I will be leaving from Tampa around 3:30 am. I think I can get ther by 8 or 9 am. How far is Miami beach from AAA? Maybe there is parking near there.

I'm not sure about Miami beach- I don't go to that area too much.... I was at the AAA for Paul McCartney a few months ago and we ended up barking a few blocks away in a random parking lot :huh: So I don't know where there will be to park- I think maybe the Bayside shopping area right down the street could be open? Not sure.

miami beach is a decent distance from the AAA. Not close at all..unless you want to walk a few miles. Pretty scenary though!

I'm going to drive by tomorrow and check it out. My father told me that he thought the lot where everyone parked for Elevation no longer existed, that some buildings had gone up there. Not sure about that though. Worse case Bayside parking should be available, just a bit of a walk when the time comes to put things away.

I live in South Florida and attend lots of Miami Heat games so I am very familiar with the area. Most of the "private" lots that are available this year will not be open since you plan to arrive in the morning. Those lots will open up mid-afternoon. And, many of the lots that have existed for years are gone to condo development and there always is a shortage of parking these days for events at the AAA. The Bayside Marketplace garage is definitely open 24 hours. I went there in August at 7AM to wait in line to pick up my MTV award tickets so I know it is not a problem. You will pay lots of $$$ to stay parked there all day. They probably have a $25-40 max but you can eat the max up in 6-8 hours. You can also go to the Miami Dade Community College garage which is about 6th Street 2-3 blocks west of Biscayne Blvd. I don't know the exact address but you can't miss it. The walk will take you 3 minutes and it won't be bad. There is parking in the middle of Biscayne Blvd starting 3 blocks south of the arena and extending about 4 blocks long, but I don't know how early they open the lot. You may be able to park there before an attendany arrives but MAKE SURE you go back late morning/early afternoon to catch the guy and pay him or he WILL TOW your car. Another alternative which is cheaper and a 10 minute walk is a parking garage 5 blocks North on the other side of the 395 overpass. This garage is 24 hours and it is pretty safe and secure being right in front of the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Doubletree Grand Hotel. If you can find 1717 N Bayshore Drive (basically east of 17th Street and Biscayne Blvd) you can find this place. Park there for a reasonable price compared to the other 2 garages. You can walk 10 minutes or walk across to either hotel and catch a taxi for $5 with tip. I personally did this option for the MTV Awards because parking around the arena is insane. The other most desirable option is an Arena parking garage pass for this event. They would be open early because they have an area for employees. I discovered the garage was open at 7AM after I already got to the Bayside garage for picking up my MTV tickets. I will be personally parking under the arena for the show in the Arena garage. I was given a VIP event parking pass for U2 on Sunday night. I have seen them for sale from ticket brokers/ebay for $40-60 and believe me it is worth it. I'm set for Sunday but I don't have my tickets or parking pass yet for Monday. If anyone can help for Monday please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom