Miami GA policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
Mods, you can move/merge this if it belongs somewhere else- I didn't know where to put it!

I emailed the arena and got this back, incase anyone is interested:

Thank you for inquiring about General Admission procedure for the U2 Concert on November 13th. The AmericanAirlines Arena will not permit guests attending either of the U2 concerts (Sunday, November 13th and/or Monday, November 14th) to "camp out" over night. Ticketed U2 Guests may begin arriving at the Arena and lining up at the proper gates as early as 8:00 a.m. (Please note, however, guests will NOT be permitted into the building (i.e. for restroom use, viewing seating area, purchasing merchandise, etc.) until 6:30 p.m., an hour prior to the printed concert start time.)

Numbers will NOT be distributed for this event and Wristbands will NOT be distributed prior to 6:30 p.m. (the time in which "doors"/gates open to the public). (The only exceptions to the aforementioned statement are those persons who purchased a VIP package via the AmericanAirlines Arena Special Events Department. Persons who fall under this exception have prior notice as to when and where to enter the Arena.)

If the tickets you have purchased are FLOOR-General Admission (as oppose to 400GA or Standing Room EAST or WEST) you will be required to enter the Arena via Gate 4. (Gate 4 is located toward the back of the Arena on NE 8th Street). Signage, as well as staff, will be present to direct you and your party to the appropriate area.

As far as the Camera policy: No video recorders will be allowed into the arena. The use of non-professional still cameras is permitted. If there is a questionable camera, security will ask you to check it during the duration of the concert.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Enjoy the Show!

hope it helps, and if anyone has anymore questions, let me know and I'll email him back! :)

That's actually better than for the last Elevation show. If I recall correctly they wouldn't let us line up until I believe 11AM. Everyone formed a line (camped out etc) at a parking lot across the street from the arena.

Thanks for posting that!!

ramblin rose said:
That's actually better than for the last Elevation show. If I recall correctly they wouldn't let us line up until I believe 11AM. Everyone formed a line (camped out etc) at a parking lot across the street from the arena.

Thanks for posting that!!

you're welcome :)

what time are you planning on getting there? do you think people are camping out?

sami0201 said:

you're welcome :)

what time are you planning on getting there? do you think people are camping out?

People camped out for that show, but it was the last Elevation show. I won't be camping out, I have to assume some people will, I'll probably get there at 8am.

ramblin rose said:

People camped out for that show, but it was the last Elevation show. I won't be camping out, I have to assume some people will, I'll probably get there at 8am.

alright, just curious- it's my first GA show!

Sami thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Nov 13 will be my first U2 concert ever and I have GA!
I plan on getting there at about 9 am to get a good spot.

Hope to see you in the line. :wave:

see you all in Miami Sunday and Monday. I'm so happy...I kind of lucked out and got a couple lower level seats for under face value for Monday's show.(I'll be behind the stage on Sunday).....!!!

sami0201 said:

that's smart :up:

I have GA and then my next show is super crappy seats!

:( :hug:

My philosophy is... at least you'll be there!

For Elevation, I actually had really crap 300 level seats in the AAA which I wasn't happy with... so right after Garbage finished playing, I decided to try my luck getting on to the floor... and it worked! I just pulled my sleeve down over my wrist, acted like I belonged on the floor, and got a spot about 6 people back from the tip of the heart! :D

So I definitely encourage delinquency!

My seats are 112 Sunday, 116 Monday, and also GA for Tampa! :D

sami0201 said:
hippy- you just walked right onto the floor? :shocked:
they didn't check you or anything?

I KNOW! :lol:

The guy at the gate kind of looked at me and just nodded me through! I think he knew that I was getting down there no matter what!

I call in an act of god... that show literally changed my life and the energy coming off of that floor because of all of the people was insane and incredible at the same time.

Which is why I can't wait to go again!

Nate, I just emailed you as well...

Does anybody know if there will be 2 separate GA lines from the beginning or if the line will be split up later when we are going inside?

I'm wondering because I have presale tickets and it would be so much easier if there are 2 separate lines. I'm hoping to get some "extra benefits" :wink:

For monday I have tickets in section 325, I hope they are not too bad.

In case anyone else has presale GA tickets, I got this response from the AA arena:

You are correct! There will be two lines, one for regular Floor GA and one for U2.com customers.
Both will be located at Gate 4. All Floor tickets must come in through Gate 4 as they will be handing out wristbands.
The U2.com line will be clearly identified outside of Gate 4 on the North side of the arena.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email. Thanks and enjoy the show!

So I guess this means there will be 2 lines from the beginning.

sami0201 said:
I emailed the arena and got this back, incase anyone is interested:

As far as the Camera policy: No video recorders will be allowed into the arena. The use of non-professional still cameras is permitted. If there is a questionable camera, security will ask you to check it during the duration of the concert.

Yea, there was no checking service...

That was a fun 10 minute run back to the car!

Back
Top Bottom