MERGED-->Vienna 2nd July - Ernst Happel Stadium Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Info on Vienna

We'll be coming into Vienna from the States and need some logistics help. What is a good location for our hotel? We have 2-3 nights in town, so we want to be near the nightlife, but also minimize our commute to the show. Any ideas/advice?

Re: Info on Vienna

U2-VA-fan said:
We'll be coming into Vienna from the States and need some logistics help. What is a good location for our hotel? We have 2-3 nights in town, so we want to be near the nightlife, but also minimize our commute to the show. Any ideas/advice?

well you dont' have to worry.. just take any hotel in the city center because the stadium is basicaly in the center of the town...

if you would like to be specific - just go to viamichelin.com and let it calculate the distance from your hotel to the stadium... there should be no problems...
Try to find a hotel in district 1 or somewhere in "prater" area - that is good for nightlife and is very close to the Ernst Happel..

see you there :)

The Ernst Happel stadium website says the "The Magic Numbers" will be the opening act. Anyone know who they are?

I'd like to ask you, when will you all arrive at the stadium? When should I arrive if I want to be by the stage?

aww, really??:ohmy: I hope it won't rain!:(

BTW - I read on the internet from a man who was at the first Dublin show, that there was a discussion about Vienna concert, that it is possible that they will be streaming the beginning of Live 8 concert on that giant Vertigo screen till U2 come to Vienna. And he also said that maybe the concert will start a little bit later, but they're still discussing the things.

riderka said:
aww, really??:ohmy: I hope it won't rain!:(

BTW - I read on the internet from a man who was at the first Dublin show, that there was a discussion about Vienna concert, that it is possible that they will be streaming the beginning of Live 8 concert on that giant Vertigo screen till U2 come to Vienna. And he also said that maybe the concert will start a little bit later, but they're still discussing the things.

Oh I didn't realize they were playing Live 8 day of a concert. :huh:

Last edited:
Sjoa!! Hi man! hehe, to je sranda si pisat po anglicky! I hope they will play Bad!! And until The End Of The World! Those are my two big wishes!!! Ta moja anglictina je super, ze?:wink:
Glad to see you on the internet Sjoa! :)

You guys, I completely understood what you were saying. In my language it would be SRANJE JE PISATI NA ENGLESKOM :huh:
Man I had no idea our swear words were so similar! :wink:

I know you meant it good, but in my language sranda is fun. But I know what you wanted to say. You meant sranje... I our language sranje is sranie. So that is really similar!:)

You learn quickly!:applaud: :wink: Yep, it is!
Wow... I just realize that there are just 3 days left to the concert!!:hyper: My first ever U2 concert!!! Whooohoooo!:rockon: :dance:

yeah see you in vienna although the only bad thing is that we won't recognize ourselves on the stadium, well unless we start screaming out our nicknames :)

but i wish you a good view and a big party afterwards (i'm also with koncerti.net and we leave one hour after the concert;( )
kl

Maybe we should wear something blue so that we can recognize each other from interference :D
Anyway, my bus leaves leaves today at 5pm and I'll do the sightseeing of Vienna and stuff tomorrow, and Saturday morning I'll be at the gates of the stadium, hope you have fun, SEE YA!!!!!:wink:

too bad for all the die-hard slovenian fans that vienna has a VIP standing section up front (as does Paris,too, i think), because other stadiums around Europe don't have that..

tilen said:
too bad for all the die-hard slovenian fans that vienna has a VIP standing section up front (as does Paris,too, i think), because other stadiums around Europe don't have that..

you were wrong:wink: :drool: :laugh: :bump: :rockon:

Ok guys, where were you?
I was on the left side of the stage (when looking at them) and got sprayed with water when Bono was throwing it at us.

Adam, Bono and Larry were just one meter from me. So I was by the right b-stage, where Larry and Bono play a drum. Adam looked in my eyes for five seconds and smiled!!! And Bono for three seconds during Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own!!!:heart:

Back
Top Bottom