MERGED--> Vegas MGM GA Policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: Hello Hello Mr BAW! I am going to the Interference party on 11/3, I know you guys won't be in town till Friday......and I am planning to hang out in the Pub parking lot Fri after the U2 concert most likely, but I am planning to suck it up and buy a $50 ticket to see the show Saturday night. So I will be at the Pub for sure Sat. night. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it! I am gonna drink too.....to get my money's worth! I hope others will follow suit. Seriously, if you think about it.....free food, free drinks, and what would a normal cover charge be? We'd be shelling out about $50 anyways. I can't go all the way to Vegas and not see the boys. :sad:

Plebans got GA for Vegas 11/4 or 11/5?

I just got Guidelines from the MGM Grand Garden regarding GA/Floor Guidelines:

U2
Friday-Saturday, November 4-5, 2005
Venue Guidelines

In order to provide a safe, friendly environment during the November 4-5, 2005, performances of U2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, please adhere to the following venue guidelines implemented for festival seating (general admission, standing room only on the floor). Please note that there is a zero tolerance policy for activities or actions that endanger other guests. If you are unable to respect and adhere to the guidelines below, you will be asked to leave the performance without a refund. Thank you for helping us provide each guest with a safe, memorable concert experience.

A line for festival seating access (general admission, standing room only on the floor) will form at 4:00pm on Friday/Saturday, November 4-5, 2005, no sooner. Concertgoers loitering in the area of the Grand Garden Arena prior to 4:00pm will be asked to leave. A single line will form inside Studio Ballroom A&B, located on Studio Walk across from Diego Mexican Restaurant, at 4:00pm. Once inside Studio Ballroom A&B, your ticket will be verified, marked and a wristband for floor access issued. Moreover, the barcode on your ticket will be scanned using a computerized random number generator. A percentage of tickets scanned will result in access to the Ellipse area closest to the stage. If you are randomly selected for festival seating inside the Ellipse, you will be issued a second wristband and can be accompanied by one guest. At approximately 6:30pm, the line from Studio Ballroom A&B will enter the venue and onto the floor. All guests are required to pass through metal detectors.

The following items are prohibited in the festival seating areas:
 Alcohol, bottles or cans;
 Cigarettes and cigars (smoking is limited to the arena lobbies, only);
 Knives (this includes small pen-knives and Swiss Army style pocket-knives);
 Chains, studs or studded clothing;
 Aerosol cans and nail clippers;
 Backpacks, purses and fanny-packs;
 Banners, signs, gifts, stuffed animals, beach balls etc. (any item deemed by management as a potential projectile is prohibited);
 This is merely a partial list of prohibited items and all decisions are at the discretion of management and venue security. If you arrive to the venue with a prohibited item(s), you have the option of returning the item(s) to your room, vehicle, or deposit in a secured trash receptacle, thus forfeiting possession. Prohibited items will not be accepted, held, stored or checked by venue personnel.

The following actions and activities are prohibited inside the venue or surrounding hotel areas:
 Body surfing/swimming;
 Stage diving;
 Slam dancing;
 Moshing;
 Climbing on or around bleacher seating and railings;
 Fighting;
 Underage drinking;
 Illegal drug use.

That sounds like it could get FUGLY

I am moving this to the Tour area though as this is not the proper place.

Thanks for passing it on though...

This GA policy is seriously screwy... Why dont they just do wrist bands if they're not going to allow people to loiter? :|

This is very screwy! :huh: There is no way people are not going to line up before 4pm. My guess is people will be outside on the sidewalk either in front of or across the street from the MGM and when its about 4pm will then go inside and wait in the designated area stated above. Hopefully it wont be chaos! haha..yeah right! I have a GA for Sat. :eek: and :yikes: I am very afraid...

Yes I am afraid too. What really sucks is no alcohol on the floor, no purses, backpacks or fanny packs (jeez who wears a fanny pack these days?!) But says nothing about no cameras or recording devices. I can guarantee it is going to be INSANE there.

Carek1230 said:
Yes I am afraid too. What really sucks is no alcohol on the floor, no purses, backpacks or fanny packs (jeez who wears a fanny pack these days?!) But says nothing about no cameras or recording devices. I can guarantee it is going to be INSANE there.

Thanks for the update.

...and DAMN, now what do I do with the studded fanny pack full of drugs, alcohol and knives that I need to get me through the show? Hope I can check it...

Last edited:
Now that would be interesting, considering I'm a girl. But then I am from San Francisco and we do have our share of fair trannys!

:laugh:

Carek1230 said:

Any way that you could check about the cameras?

Thanks

ty

No purses? :scratch: I've been to many concerts in this town and have *never* heard that before.

And it says one line, but what about fan/presale tix? Hmmm...

karinlv said:
No purses? :scratch: I've been to many concerts in this town and have *never* heard that before.

And it says one line, but what about fan/presale tix? Hmmm...

Sure Tiny I will try to check about the cameras, but most places allow them...sheesh everyone and their mother has a camera phone these days.....cameras are ok so long as they aren't the telephoto "professional" ones. I am bringing my small digital-I invested in a 1GB memory card for it and plan to use it!!

I think no purses is stupid! or fanny packs.....come on, not everyone wears pockets, and what kind of explosives, weapons, drugs, etc are U2 fans going to want to smuggle onto the floor in purses backpacks and fanny packs? I have a small cute red and black backpack purse (I call it my vertigo bag) I've worn to shows. It holds just what I need and my camera and I wear it strapped onto my back...I don't see what's the big deal about that.

karinlv said:
<--- is going shopping for a pair of cargo pants...lotsa pockets!

OMG I am doing the same thing!! And I'd already decided what I was gonna wear. Now back to the drawing board!

Here's something cute I found tonite.....thougth I would share:

olderBonofans.jpg

u2forlife said:

...and in Chicago in September. They always do GA.

ok, in philly where that pic was taken they WERE NOT GA. I was right on the rail, adam's side and they were in the first or second row of the section off the floor. It's the angle of the shot that makes them look like they are on the floor.

So the show is getting closer and I'm biting my nails down to the quick wondering about this...

What's the plan for the GA line? MGM says we can't line up before 4. What time is everyone getting there, where are you lining up and who's in charge? :D

Do you think they'll have a separate line for fan club tix?

I'm full of questions today!

karinlv said:
So the show is getting closer and I'm biting my nails down to the quick wondering about this...

What's the plan for the GA line? MGM says we can't line up before 4. What time is everyone getting there, where are you lining up and who's in charge? :D

Do you think they'll have a separate line for fan club tix?

I'm full of questions today!

I'm worried about all this too. :crack:

Then I'm wondering if we'll get a chance before the show to chat with the boys? The crew is staying at the MGM but what about the band?

Back
Top Bottom