MERGED-->Vancouver Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly hope not :(

it seems too soon, I want it to be problem free :(

Mucca said:
Where'd you see the seating chart?

if you go to ticketmaster.ca, and find the GM Place venue, itll give you a drop down box for seating charts

korczykp said:
if you go to ticketmaster.ca, and find the GM Place venue, itll give you a drop down box for seating charts
For those who just want a link, here is the GM Place U2 seating chart: www.ticketmaster.ca/seatingchart/139269/12781

I've been to GM Place for other events before but never a concert so I'm a little surprised by the seating chart how there are no 200-level seats...

I hope that this is an indication that the presale will begin shortly. With only a few North American dates left to go on sale then I would hope there are not that many problems when Vancouver et al go on sale. I just want to get through the process and know that I have my ticket for the upcoming tour.

I like the way GA is referred to as 'No Chairs' instead of Standing or General Admission

gursky said:

For those who just want a link, here is the GM Place U2 seating chart: www.ticketmaster.ca/seatingchart/139269/12781

I've been to GM Place for other events before but never a concert so I'm a little surprised by the seating chart how there are no 200-level seats...

I hope that this is an indication that the presale will begin shortly. With only a few North American dates left to go on sale then I would hope there are not that many problems when Vancouver et al go on sale. I just want to get through the process and know that I have my ticket for the upcoming tour.

GM Place doesn't have 200 level seats...

100 level is lower bowl, 200 level are suites/boxes, 300 level is upper bowl

Originally posted by korczykp
GM Place doesn't have 200 level seats...

100 level is lower bowl, 200 level are suites/boxes, 300 level is upper bowl
Thanks, I guess that makes sense. I have not had paid too much attention to the level arrangements in the past when I was at GM Place. I guess the next big announcement will be how much the 100 and 300 level tickets cost, but I am guessing they will be on par with the American venues.

I am really focusing on the level seating because I am planning to buy seated tickets for the April 28th show. I will do the GA thing when they come through Alberta.

bono=genius said:
does Vancouver ususally sellout quickly?

As fast as any other city and maybe even more so because U2 albums sell better here than in the USA (on a per person/per capital basis). Also, keep in mind that we are dealing with the ONLY CANADIAN DATE on this leg (so far). What you'll have here is ALL of western Canada's hardcore U2 fans flocking to Vancouver. Add in Alaska and the other States close by to BC. This is going to be no easy task. Get in, get tickets, get out! You won't have enough time to cry about where your seats "should" be.

Yes just look at the new charts this week #8 in Canada #22 in the USA, I wish you luck Roland youre gonna need it!

Been up for a couple of days now; so's Seattle. I'm expecting Tuesday, like I always was. I actually would like a longer wait time now, so that maybe they'll have all this sorted out by then. As it is, it's scary as they've been scalping tix on ebay all week for both venues.

I am planning on traveling to Vancouver from Arkansas if I get tickets. Is it best to go thru Ticketbastard.com or Ticketbastard.ca?

VANCOUVER Show

Who is trying for Vancouver??

I am!

Let's keep all info about Vancouver in this thread. We still need to find out some information:

1. When is the presale going to happen?
2. When is the general sale going to happen?
3. Will there be additional dates added?

I'm going to be trying for GA tix. I'm from Red Deer so I'll be driving down Apr 27 so I can be in line at approx 10am on the 28th.
What's your story?

I am!! I'm a concert virgin so this will be my first concert! I'm aiming for GA too.
I still have school so I'm wondering if I can have a friend lineup the morning of the concert and then I meet up with him later? Well I have my fingers crossed for a second show at Vancouver.

I read on another thread that presale might start next week for Vancouver but I don't know how reliable that is.

Matthew_Page2000 said:
Me. Me. Me. The Elevation gig in Vancouver was great.

Are you wanting GA tix? I think all interencers should wear t-shirst or hats to identify ourselves.

I'll be trying for 2 tickets to Vancouver. Hope I can get good seats , wife wont do GA. I'll wait for general sale, went thru fan club fiascos with Stones and Fleetwood Mac. Saw this one coming.

I have been planning to fly out to Vancouver since early last year. So by the time the show actually goes through GM Place I'd have had this thought out for over a year. Had no idea when the tour would take place but I knew I wanted to come out West and see the show. I want to get tickets for an Alberta tour date in the Autumn leg and will go for GA that time, so when I head to Vancouver I am going to go for seated tickets. I hope this works out because I would imagine a majority of those getting in on the presale will go for GA so I would like to think this leaves me a better chance of getting a good seat.

I was inside the Heart for the second show in Calgary in 2001 and that was my first U2 experience so in 2005 I would like to build on that by going to a show in BC and in Alberta.

Not really too much to my story really. Enjoy the sights of Vancouver, it's a beautiful city and have never spent much time there - a night or two at most, so I really want to take it all in and the U2 show will be the highlite of the trip.

EDIT:
RadioU2 said:
...wife wont do GA...
Same reason why I'm not going for GA in Vancouver. My girlfriend does not like the idea of waiting in line for a whole day. So, that's why when U2 comes to Alberta I will go without her so I can camp out in line :p

Last edited:
im goin for the GA tickets at the vancouver show. my first concert!! so hopefully ill get what i want. just waiting for the general sale to start...and hopefully GA tickets will be left!

Re: VANCOUVER Show

boosterjuice said:
Who is trying for Vancouver??

I am!

Let's keep all info about Vancouver in this thread. We still need to find out some information:

1. When is the presale going to happen?
2. When is the general sale going to happen?
3. Will there be additional dates added?

I'm going to be trying for GA tix. I'm from Red Deer so I'll be driving down Apr 27 so I can be in line at approx 10am on the 28th.
What's your story?

Booster i'm from Rocky Mtn House, me and a buddy are leaving Apr 27 also! We need to work together here i think!
mchubes@telus.net

Mucca said:
You guys think they'll have a second show for Vancouver then?
I think there is a good chance. With it being said that rollover dates will occur for cities on the first leg. And with Vancouver only having one date now it looks good for another. There is no apparent scheduling conflict either, there is quite a while between Vancouver and Chicago so being able to squeeze in another date seems possible.

Although, looking at Elevation, there was only one date in GM Place. Let's hope history does not repeat itself this time around and there is more than one in 2005. Of course I am an optomistic fan who only wants more so I think my perspective is a little skewed.

Re: Re: VANCOUVER Show

theedge111 said:

Booster i'm from Rocky Mtn House, me and a buddy are leaving Apr 27 also! We need to work together here i think!
mchubes@telus.net

My travel plans haven't been finalized yet. As of now, my wife and I are planning to go with about 4 other relatives of ours. 6 in total. We might be renting a van or something. Maybe we should think about working together. There might be a whole lot of us from Alberta that are going. timothynash@gmail.com

gursky said:

I was inside the Heart for the second show in Calgary in 2001 and that was my first U2 experience so in 2005 I would like to build on that by going to a show in BC and in Alberta.

Not really too much to my story really. Enjoy the sights of Vancouver, it's a beautiful city and have never spent much time there - a night or two at most, so I really want to take it all in and the U2 show will be the highlite of the trip.

EDIT:

Same reason why I'm not going for GA in Vancouver. My girlfriend does not like the idea of waiting in line for a whole day. So, that's why when U2 comes to Alberta I will go without her so I can camp out in line :p

I was also at Calgary's 2nd Elevation show. And it was also my first U2 experience. I left a changed man!

boosterjuice said:
I was also at Calgary's 2nd Elevation show. And it was also my first U2 experience. I left a changed man!
Took the words right out of my mouth. Waiting in line for those hours, making the afternoon fly by, I had no idea what I was in for. Still shivering after PJ Harvey finished her set I did not know what I was in for. I knew it was going to be a great show but just how great was something I could not have imagined. Almost four years after that day I still think that was one of the few moments that changed my life. I told myself that no matter what it took I would see U2 again to relive that moment once more...and April 28th is my time for another experience.

Let me in GM Place! At this point, I just want in. I don't want the back though, anything but the back. I can be really happy anywhere else in GM Place. Seriously.

Presales have been selling the backs. I don't know why or how they could suggest to call that "some of the best seats in the house." By definition, a presale should at the very least NEVER offer backs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom