MERGED-->Vancouver Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boosterjuice said:
That's sucks. They must have sold out in 2 seconds flat.

What. The. Hell. This sucks. (Oh, and hi guys. This is my first post. Sorry it has to be a negative one.) I hit refresh over and over for a good 3 minutes before the pre-sale started on ticketbastard.ca, only to get booted off because the "ticketing system was too busy". So I ran to ticketmaster.com, where I was able to get through, and now the freakin' tickets are sold out.

:madspit: :mad: :huh:

Anyone have any luck? I hope someone did! :-(

Getting internal error...can't get anything... this is bullcrap... I want the old prop way...this blows.!!!

Well, I had the option to get reserved seats but I turned it down. I want GA. I'll save my code until 3rd leg now.

I got 2 ga's!!!!!

holly shit...the page wouldnt load:
1) now membership code space
then
membership code came up
then
2) no find tickets button

I kept switching between the link on the email and ticketmaster.ca

finally the email link worked @ 1008am. waited for it to process then at 1013, t gas came searching by best available!!!

Congratulations guys! I'm so happy that you could get tickets!! (I know I sound like a goddamn hippy, but really, after reading all the horror stories from the other pre-sales, I'm happy for ANYONE who's not a scalper who manages to see the show at face value!)

What's the trick? I kept hitting refresh on .ca repeatedly, and all of a sudden it said the ticketing system had an error or was facing high volume, and I couldn't get back through. Then I busted my ass over to .com where I didn't have that problem. Do you think for general sale, it's better to try .com first for Vancouver?

ETA: Gursky - seriously? 15 minutes?

Last edited:
At first there was no place to put a code.
Then Tickmaster.ca wouldn't display and then when it did there was a spot for a code.
2 tickets in section 116!!!!
$350!! eating Kraft Dinner for the next 2 weeks I guess...

melsbud said:
ETA: Gursky - seriously? 15 minutes?
Yeah, I was on the .ca site for the first while and while browsing Zootopia/Interference I saw someone mention going over to .com. Did so, got in right away and had my tickets waiting for me. I was getting the Internal Service Error for the whole time and thought my world was crashing down around me but .com came through.

:sad:

OK I can stop crying now - I GOT TICKETS :dance:

I was getting that damn internal error message too and I really enjoyed the sorry we're busy one too.

I wanted better seats but at least I'm in the lower bowl

Section 115 for me :)

~I need a drink after that~

:hmm: perhaps a boosterjuice :D

This is crap all GA seats gone that can't be... there is plenty of room... I will not pay for a U2 membership again this has not been pleasant the only stuff available is behind the stage. Nice "good seats" for members

Go for the boosterjuice!!

I need one of those right now because I never got my GA tickets that I was hoping for.

Congrats Fah, I'm glad you got what you wanted. I had the option of getting section 115 row 5 and I turned it down. I'm going to try again for the GA tickets when they go onsale to the general public.

well, interesting experience...

so many errors for the first 10 minutes

then I got in line for 2 GA's... but came up empty, so I went back and tried ONE GA, which was about the same time everyone else was getting 2...

I guess I could have gotten 2, but I got one, and I'm still stoked as hell, there's always the public sale

Wow. I participated in presales for 4 shows and general sales for two other shows and got zip for GA's. I couldn't even get a GA when I requested one (1) ticket and had three of my other U2.com friends doing the same thing.
What an epic fucking jack.
I know used car salesmen and U2.com are used car salesman.
Overpromise and underdeliver.
What a fucking joke.

I think the problem with the Vancouver presale is the lack of GA tickets. I could have easily gotten $165 tickets and probably still can if I want to. I wish they would alot more GA tickets for us hardcore fans.

I turned down $165 tickets 3 times at around 1020 and then tried best available a couple of times and got a GA. :ohmy:

So I got lucky. I wonder how Roland is doing with his tickets.

Way to go fah.

I recommend trying again over the next few days since they may release tickets at different times. Who knows? Good luck!:wink:

Before I finally got tickets I went through the 'sorry no tickets' stage twice before I got the seats I ended up getting. :huh:

I'm happy with what I have - there are lots of people out there who were not so lucky.

I ended up getting my tickets through the u2.com link :up:

What really makes me mad is even the $165 tickets are aroind Plaza !09-119
nothing was available for 104-106 or 119-117. I think the least U2 should have done is made all best seats available for all there members then relesase them back to ticket master prior to the public sale Saturday. I bet I can get better seats on Saturday! this is just a JOKE. And I have been a Propganda member for 10+ years. Never had such crap as this

I still am trying to get decent seats and they are all coming up behind the stage or way at the nose beeld sections and I have been online since it opened at 10:00 localy!!!

Just my rant.

I totally understand your frustration. During the first ten minutes, I was cursing like a drunken sailor. I'm sure I would be pissed off too if I didn't get tickets.
Good luck ZoOed.

It's not that I can't get any...just not ones worth buying for a FAN!!!
Was nice when through Prop you fill out your form send it in voila ...GA tickets... Got right in the heart...!!!

I don't understand what people mean by getting the "no tickets" window and then being able to get seats. Is this one?:

<font color="red">There were no tickets available that matched your request

There are several things you can try:
Change the quantity of tickets you are requesting.
If you selected a specific seat section, switch to "Best Available"".
If you are unable to find tickets, be sure to check back often. As the date of the event nears, many times a limited number of tickets may be released.
If you entered a promotional code, check that the code is valid for the ticket price and criteria you selected. </font color>

Or was it the "server/ticketing system busy" window?

Either way, I'm relieved though - it seems like people who bought for Vancouver had better luck than the US and UK!

BTW, what area are the $165 seats? Please don't say upper bowl!

are tix still available right now?? i dont have the presale code.. damn.. anyone?? hehe

isn't all presale code same as everyone else?? just wondering..

I'll try my question on this thread.

Yes, Vancouver tix are still available, almost two hours after the pre-sale began...though they're either right at the back ($165) or at the side ($95).

Anyone ever had side-of-stage tickets? Can you see anything?

I will do my best to answer your questions:

Side of stage tickets would be alright if the staging was such that there was nothing blocking your view. You might be limited as to what you see if there any sort of special lighting effects or video screens.

Most times the lower bowl ($165) seats are good. Sections 104-108 are a group of seats that are wider and comfier.

The presale codes are unique (at least they are supposed to be) to each member of u2.com

Hope this helps :)

Those are all crap seats and should not been released for U2 fans. Those are the seats taht should be left for those who at the last minute think...hey lets go to U2...!!!

fah, thanks for the info!

I went back and tried for only 1 ticket this time. I got section 118 (row 17)!!! That's pretty good...section 119 is the closest to the stage (without it being at the side).

I would've preferred GA, but this ain't bad...especially since it's now more than two hours after the pre-sale.

thanks for the info.. i guess i'll look for good seats..

cause i remember for the shania twain show, the presale code was same as everyone else.. me and my buddies are members and they were the same..

Back
Top Bottom