MERGED --> Tour Dates [wow!] + European tour dates leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jon2u said:
Do we have a problem?? It appears that U2 will also be sharing the arena in San Jose. There's already an event scheduled there on April, 9th.

Sat, 04/09/05
07:30 PM San Jose Stealth vs. Rochester Knighthawks

Maybe if I buy tickets to this event, I can sneek into the U2 concert too.

Maybe they're in Rochester that day? Did you check the team schedule and see if it was a hoime or away game?

slapshot said:
I'm sure I'll just get accused of being whiny, but these dates suck. We've waited months for this, we've heard all the rumors about sick relatives and routing problems, and after all that... THIS is what they come up with? Thirteen cities? Only Chicago for the entire midwest? No shows at all in the south? Kansas City? Atlanta? Indianapolis? Memphis? St. Louis? Houston? Dallas? Charlotte? Miami? NOTHING?

Don't bother trying to placate me with "Oh, wait till the third leg", either. Would all you New Yorkers be happy with waiting till September or October? Would the west coasters posting here be happy with an east of the Mississippi only tour?

As it stands now, the only shows within reach of half the country are the two nights in Chicago. For me, that's a ten hour drive (not medically possible), an expensive flight (not financially possible), or just not getting to see U2 (not fanly possible).

This. Sucks.

C.

Touche. Now, what I hope happens is the following: Since the code is only good for ONE indoor and ONE outdoor show, the people that use them for this leg should not have a new one assigned in the fall. I know it sounds mean, but it is only fair.

Roland of Gilead said:
This is what common sense is telling me right now:

If you joined U2.com, then you are entitled to certain member benefits. One of these benefits is the RIGHT to take part in a presale. Now, it all cost us an EQUAL amount of money to join this club (forget the Prop deal for a moment). So, why would you believe that you would have the RIGHT to take part in TWO presales (1st AND 3rd legs NA) while Europe and the Rest of World will only get ONE presale?
If you use the code now, then you have used that part of your membership benefits up. If you don't use it now, then you are entitled to use the code (or some new code) at a later date. Our membership entitles us to access a presale ANYWHERE in the world. Once we use it, we cannot expect under any circumstance to be granted a SECOND presale IF WE HAVE USED OUR FIRST CODE.

What you would basically be saying is that the UK, Austrailia, Europe and Japan pay $40 and get one crack, while NA gets two cracks for the very same price of $40.

While I agree with you to a point, you also have to remember that we in the US are only entitled to 2 tickets. While the rest of hte world are entitled to 4. While those are still only for one show, you do get twice the value. You could use two for one show and trade 2 for the other. Anyway, I am of the opinion that we will get another crack in the fall to even things up.

Just my $.02 so flame away.

HJ

Headache in a Suitcase said:
how soon we all forget that the first leg had to be shortened due to a serious illness in the edge's family... how soon we also forget that all the dates that had to be missed will be rescheduled in the 3rd leg in america... how soon we also forget that they always add dates after the first ones are announced, depending on demand...

apparently everyone who's complaining doesn't give a shit about that... which is fine i guess

where was this ever confirmed by anyone?
and they'll be well enough by the summer for U2 to pick-up 25 EU dates (many of which are within a few hours train ride of each other)?wtf?
this most likely just more "fly over country" snobbery...

But the 4 tickets are for venues that are twice the size of any arena here in the US...

I'm very disappointed in the European tour dates.

I mean ONE gig in Ireland! All the rumours were that there would be three! U2 know they could sell out a month of gigs here and it feels like they are betraying the Irish fans a bit by having only one gig here, while they have planned two in Denmark, for example.

I only hope what others have said hold out about subsequent shows in these venues being announced at a later stage.

By the way are the dates at the top of this thread untrue? At least there is three dates in Dublin in that list :drool:

Well...I have patiently read most of the posts here on this thread and just have a few things to say.

First I hope that U2.com will keep track of those that have used their presale codes for the 1st NA leg and the European leg so that those of us in cities which aren't getting U2 can have first dibs on the 3rd leg (am I expecting too much from u2.com) Those who already saw them can always take out a new mbrship I guess if they want tix for the 3rd leg too.

Second, I should have waited to get a mbrship to U2.com til AFTER the tour dates were announced cause it's basically useless to me for the next 3 or 4 months

and Third I hope that all of you who get to go to the 1st and 2nd legs have a great time. I hate having to wait til the 3rd leg (hopefully they'll get to Miami then) but family comes first.

U2 was hoping to do 30-35 NA shows on the 1st leg and this is one way they can accomplish this (by only doing 13 cities then adding dates in several of those cities). I wish they could have done the tour much like Elevation (which Paul McG. said it would be) but I guess Edge's situation came up rather suddenly. Poor guy, I can't imagine being so far away from a family member while they are very ill. I wouldn't be able to focus...but Bono did it during the European leg of Elevation. I guess it's just called being professional. He's fortunate that he was able to fly home at night to be with his Dad.

It's going to be fun watching this board tomorrow when tickets go on sale.....Good Luck

Also the scalpers are going to have a field day with this...there's going to be so much demand, I can't imagine what tickets will go for in each of these cities!!

Here is my speculated list of dates for the tour based upon how large i believe the demand will be.

March 28th and 30th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 1st and 3rd Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 5th and 7th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 9th and 11th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 14th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
April 20th and 22nd Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 24th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 28th and 30th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
May 7th & May 9th and May 11th Chicago, IL - United Center
May 14 and 15th Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
May 17 & May 18 East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
May 21 and 22nd New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May 24 & May 26 Boston, MA - Fleet Center

Now that is just speculation on where they are going to add dates on what I believe to be the U2 fanbase for the areas hit...I of course could be wrong.

I'm in Ohio and its 6 hours either way (Philly or Chicago) for me to see the boys. While I would gladly make the trip if I had the money right now, I don't and I won't. But they will make a stop in Cleveland or Detroit or Pittsburg or Columbus (or all of them) on the third leg--I think that most of us in the US will have a chance to see them within reasonable driving distance if we can just be patient. Now, having said that, I know how hard that is going to be and I really wish I could make the trip to Philly. But right now, I'm just going to have to be content to wait. Hopefully we will have Itunes downloads of all the concerts to hold us over!

I have another question:

Both my sister and I joined u2.com and got our codes for the pesale tomorrow. The younger sibling, however, does not have her own credit card so the billing info is the same as mine (cause she is using my card)... will this be a problem if we are both purchasing tickets? because TM's website states only two tickets per fanclub member... and then says something about address and billing info being the same.

brkngrrl said:
I have another question:

Both my sister and I joined u2.com and got our codes for the pesale tomorrow. The younger sibling, however, does not have her own credit card so the billing info is the same as mine (cause she is using my card)... will this be a problem if we are both purchasing tickets? because TM's website states only two tickets per fanclub member... and then says something about address and billing info being the same.

If you have two separate codes, then you have two separate presale opportunities. Regardless of one credit card, u2.com has identified 2 distinct members not one.

Roland of Gilead said:

If you have two separate codes, then you have two separate presale opportunities. Regardless of one credit card, u2.com has identified 2 distinct members not one.

oh good! thank you.

Hey! Do you guys think that they will hit Miami as an additional date for the 1st leg? If not I am definitley happy to wait till the third leg! Anything for U2!!!!

Looks like they just changed it. They are no longer playing in San Jose on April 9th, which is the night of the U2 concert. No more conflict.

TBA
07:30 PM San Jose Stealth vs. Rochester Knighthawks

I am thoroughly confused about the start time of the sale tomorrow.

Everything says 10:00am. No matter whether I indicate my prime regional area as Chicago or New York, it still says 10:00am. Do the tickets go on sale at 10:00am according to a set time zone?

For instance: If the time is according to the buyer's local time, then doesn't it mean that people in Eastern time zone buying at 10:00am their time would be able to purchase an hour ahead of Central time zone buyers, since 10:00am Central time is, in real time, an hour behind 10:00am Eastern time?

I am sooo confused. . .

3rd leg shows in Canada?

I just hope in the 3rd leg they try and make Alberta--preferrably Edmonton 'cos unless I experience a major cash windfall, I can't go to Vancouver and that is basically my only option! and if they don't come in the fall, it sucks to be me 'cos I missed the Elevation tour!:sad:

Techie2000
That'd be great, except I'm going to be in an entirely different geographic location and have almost no cash due to tuition and room & board for college.

And whose fault is that? Yours.
:madspit:

The one big thing to solve this whole dilemma in No. America?

Move the Oceania tour to early '06(during their summer) and play No. America thru December.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom