MERGED-->Toronto Openers + Toronto Openers Leaked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plucker

Babyface
Toronto Openers

Okay, this show is happening very soon and no openers have been announced yet. Does anyone know who it's gonna be?

I have been wondering this as well. I would love to see the Arcade Fire opening up these shows, but that probably won't happen.

Does anyone know of any rumored opening acts for these shows? I would expect that an anouncement would be made soon.

RB

Last edited:
Arcade Fire would be ideal but its not going to happen. I taled to Win (lead singer of Arcade Fire) after their shows in Toronto and he said they it depended on their own touring schedule.
Go to www.arcadefire.net and you will notice that AF are playing other shows during and around the Toronto shows.
Only ones you can hope for are the 12th and 17th, but still unlikely.

I want it to be the 17th, since thats when I'm going. But it will be interested to see who opens. Most of the bands U2 has choosen have been good. But AF would be the best by far, probably even blowing U2 off the stage.

Arcade Fire is doing 3 nights in Canada, but not the Toronto shows. I think it's Ottawa and Montreal.

PJ would be amazing, but it most likely will not happen. In addition to AF, The Killers would be cool. BRMC would be great as well.

I think they should have some Canadian acts open up for them though. For example, Matt Mays and El Torpedo are awesome and would do a great job.

RB

from u2 tours.com

Looks like it might very well be Kanye West opening in Toronto....but that's just a rumour right now, nothing confirmed.
It's kinda funny, because kanye is so far removed from what people posting in here where hoping for...but he should be good...if he is the opener

Stupid Kanye west has only been around for less than a year
he does'nt deserve to open for u2.:mad:

There's nothing wrong with Kanye West.

An odd choice given the audience, though.

anitram said:
There's nothing wrong with Kanye West.

An odd choice given the audience, though.

I wouldn't mind Wyclef!

I'd like to see some Nova Scotia boys get a chance. How about The Trews or as some one else mentioned, Matt Mays!

Ya, I made the move from Nova Scotia to Nebraska. Going from being a Bluenoser to being a Cornhusker is a quite a cultureshock. I love middle America though, there are a few big cities within driving distance where I can go to see U2 when they tour!

RB

Toronto Opener Leaked???

Looks like the Thrills are opening in Toronto...
There's a link, but I can't post it yet....

The Thrills have announced they will open for U2 on the band's upcoming fall tour of the U.S. These acts join the Arcade Fire as U2's warm up acts, a slot filled by Kings of Leon on the U.S. and Canada spring leg.

Keane will appear at two dates in Boston (Oct. 3-4) and all five dates in New York (Oct. 7-14). The Thrills will open a number of dates in the Midwest and Canada. The specific shows were listed on the Thrills' web site, but appear to have been removed. Perhaps they leaked the information too soon? Here is a portion of the announcement posted and deleted from their site:
The band are flying over to the States at the begining of September to support U2 on their tour of Cananda and the US for a month.

Monday Sept 12 - Toronto Air Canada CentreWed Sept 14 - Toronto Air Canada CentreFriday Sept 16 - Toronto Air Canada CentreSaturday Sept 17 - Toronto Air Canada CentreTuesday
The Arcade Fire have already announced they will open U2's shows in Montreal. Kanye West commented he was also touring with U2, but did not provide any details.

UPDATE 1: In case you're curious, I first saw the news about the Thrills opening for U2 at BandNews.org.

UPDATE 2: Believe it or not, when I got home from work I realized the Thrills home page was still up in my browser with the U2 story still there! Here's a screen shot which shows all of the dates the Thrills will open:

:| I have never heard of this band? Oh well was looking forward to some Killers or Kanye...... but atleast I will be there on the 17th at THE ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo

September is almost here!!

The Thrills and Dashboard Confessional are opening up. I do not know much about the Thrills other than they are Irish. As for Dashboard, for those who do not know, Daniel Lanois has produced their new, as of yet unreleased, album.

In the past I haven't been a huge fan of them mainly because I do not like emo all that much (with the exception of Death Cab). I'm pretty excited to hear their new album, however, as Lanois has been known to work wonders. I cite Emmylou Harris' album Wrecking Ball as one example. This album is one of my favorites of all time, plus Larry plays drums on a few tracks. If you haven't heard this album I suggest checking it out, you won't be disappointed.

See you all in Toronto!!

RB

NebraskaU2 said:
The Thrills and Dashboard Confessional are opening up. I do not know much about the Thrills other than they are Irish. As for Dashboard, for those who do not know, Daniel Lanois has produced their new, as of yet unreleased, album.

Are The Thrills still opening or is it just Dashboard Confessional?

Back
Top Bottom