MERGED-->San Jose Ticket Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiLJennie

The Fly
San Jose Success!!!!!! :)

Ok....I am feeling a bit better...although I did not get what I wanted...I Got these at the HP Pavilion : Sec.106, row 4 seats 5 &6. I wanted GA.

My plan is to attempt to get some GA in the general sale. If I succeed, then I will sell the reserved, face value, preferably to a U2.com member that got screwed.

KEEP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not too late! :)

I was able to get $160.00 tix from san jose to come up but that is not what I wanted so I threw um back into the mix. I want GA... Ill try on Sunday and if that doesnt work out then Ill wait to see if they add a date... and if that doesnt work out then ill try for the 3rd leg. Im just taking it as it goes. I want to throw a huge temper tandrum right now cause I didnt get tix I wanted...but im trying to rise above a bit LOL its hard though...

Remember though........there's probably going to be a second SJ show after the first one sells out this Sunday......and the second shows are always much easier to get better tickets for.

ya, I had the great experience of ticketmaster rejecting my access code even though I NEVER USED IT!!!! They screwed up and I get to wait on the sidelines with $40 less out of my checking account. fuckers.

RademR said:
ya, I had the great experience of ticketmaster rejecting my access code even though I NEVER USED IT!!!! They screwed up and I get to wait on the sidelines with $40 less out of my checking account. fuckers.

You are now part of an exclusive subset of the Fan Club. No Tickets, No Code, No $40.

BigMacPhisto said:
Remember though........there's probably going to be a second SJ show after the first one sells out this Sunday......and the second shows are always much easier to get better tickets for.

Thanks for the reminder, BigMacPhisto! There is always hope.

It is never over until the fat lady sings, err........better yet......when a sexy, dark haired Irishman does!

Don't give up! I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link for the HP Pavilion seating chart. You can click on your section and it will show a picture of the view you will have from the stage. It's pretty neat.

http://www.hppsj.com/hppsj/seating_maps/end_stage/

I guess there are advantages to haveing reserved seats. We don't have to wake up at an ungodly hour of the morning to get a good spot, we can get up and go pee when we want, and as a 5 foot tall woman, I won't get trampled. I am trying to keep a positive attitude about this, I really am.....

eh

Section 110 Row 8 here. Not happy about it but I will try to be positive too.

san jose still has Reserved seating tix $160.00 avalible last I checked a couple mins ago.

$160 for the location of some of these seats is absolutely ridiculous.

Is San Jose sold out yet?

Hey all - I'm new to this site. Congrats to all that scored tickets today! I'm just another Bay Area fan that can't get through. ARGH! Will Ticketmaster tell us when the show is sold out? Just wondering if I should quit trying now and go to work. I got as far as clicking purchase and then got an error message - now my password won't work and my purchase didn't go through. NICE! What happened to the good old days where you could wait in line for a couple hours at a record store and walk out with tickets? This online system sucks! I shudder to think about how much worse this will be on Sunday. Yikes!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I feel guilty now for getting a GA. :sad:

DON'T YOU DARE FEEL GUILTY! I am really happy for you and I hope you have the time of your life. CONGRATULATIONS! :applaud:

I am not giving up on GA's. I will try in the general sale.

Sicy said:
$160 for the location of some of these seats is absolutely ridiculous.

maybe they could throw in a pair of binoculars with the deal...

:madspit:

ah well ... my Sunday is planned it seems

tickets are still showing avalible but they are pretty crappy locations and expensive...

GA is all gone.

I kept trying- and after 2 hrs of "System Down" and/or really abd seats, I scored 2 right next to the stage in 127. At th Arena- there is no 1st- 6th (or something like that) rows on the side, so take that into account.

I can't believe I got a pair of GA's too. I kept getting that error message and then 8 minutes in and with blood pressure off the charts, it worked. The whole time I was thinking how much this sucks compared to how easy it was with propaganda.

Good to know there are still seats left. I'm still waiting for TM to reset my passcode. At least the codes worked for some of ya!

Wow. I can't believe GAs were so hard to get. I wonder how many GA tickets were available through the pre-sale? :hmm:

Makes me all the more glad I got mine!

Im really so shocked I got 2 GA for San Jose too. Im so happy but it was one of the most stressful experiences EVER!!!
Sorry for those of you that didnt get any :(

Man, I got hosed, too. I had great lower-level seats, clicked purchase and - well, you know the story - an error. I've talked to Ticketmaster four times, and just an hour ago, the lady told me they have four people returning all the phone-call complaints! This is going to take awhile to have my code reset.

If anyone has extras for San Jose and can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I just moved to NorCal and was excited to see them at the Tank. Unfortunately, it's looking like I'm out of luck.

I just kept going back to the U2.com email and hitting that link. I'm not even sure honestly which way I pulled up GAs... It's all foggy if it was Best Available or if I specifically looked for them.

I'm really, really, REALLY happy I got mine, but I feel so bad for those who didn't get what they wanted. :slant:

It's 1:59ish pacific time PM and I just tried TM, they are up and running, but since I had already used my pin # I couldn't go any further. I did notice that my pin # had 717 in it but the 1 was actually the letter L (l), they used a confusing font, I'm glad I decided to paste instead of typing it in, I would have never gotten my pin number right. Anyone else notice this problem?
:eyebrow:
I was debating GA or seats (I'm not a young one anymore) but that decision was made for me, seats 114 section, guess no Bono dancing for me!:sad:

Last edited:
faithingrace said:
It's 1:59ish pacific time PM and I just tried TM, they are up and running, but since I had already used my pin # I couldn't go any further. I did notice that my pin # had 717 in it but the 1 was actually the letter L (l), they used a confusing font, I'm glad I decided to paste instead of typing it in, I would have never gotten my pin number right. Anyone else notice this problem?
:eyebrow:
I was debating GA or seats (I'm not a young one anymore) but that decision was made for me, seats 114 section, guess no Bono dancing for me!:sad:

try to look on the bright side, reserved seats gives us an opportunity to try to meet the band outside when they come in, since we don't have to hold any spots in a GA line. also we don't have to be subjected to listening to the Kings of Leon if we don't want....we can hang out in the really cool bar when they are on....and go pee when we want to.

And anyway, we can still try for the GAs in the general sale, then sell our reserves later... :) keep a chin up! :)

Back
Top Bottom