MERGED-->San Jose Ticket Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No luck for me getting GA's this morning :( It kept getting the same "internal error" message for the first half hour. This whole thing makes my blood boil. Its 2:15 ish PST and there still are a few lower level seats available though. I threw them back in because I REALLY want GA's. Congrats to those that got tickets!

fyi-i spoke with ETS yesterday and they have 2nd dates already added in their computer. (For San Diego on the 30th, Anaheim on the 2nd, LA on the 6th, San Jose on the 10th and Seattle on the 25th). So be prepared to buy San Jose's 2nd date this Sunday!

Diemen said:
Wow. I can't believe GAs were so hard to get. I wonder how many GA tickets were available through the pre-sale? :hmm:

Makes me all the more glad I got mine!

Well.

Blind luck probably.

I tried for GAs in four shows, and got none.

Congrats, but I would suspect that the number of GAs in the presale of Ticketmaster was far less than the number that Prop handed out.

Either that or the brokers got them all. Which sucks.

I got tickets for the San Jose show after 1 1/2 hours farting around on the Ticketmaster error site. The $160.00 seats sucked!
Sec. 110? You couldn't be much farther away from the stage. I settled on Sec 213 row 1! Better at $95.00, but still overpriced! I must be getting old, cause the prices are crazy. Like sports and politics, when you're at this stage of the rock and roll game, it's all about money! Best of Luck to those who didn't get tickets! You have my sympathies.

Section 211 Row 12 Seats 19 & 20 is where my brother I will be unless I can get 2 GA's this weekend.

No happy about it but I am determined to get GAs this weekend. Almost to the point of asking an East Coaster to buy the tickets for me bc they would have access to buying the tixs before I do.

I cant believe I spend over an hr to get those tixs. :tsk:

hathaway said:
Man, I got hosed, too. I had great lower-level seats, clicked purchase and - well, you know the story - an error. I've talked to Ticketmaster four times, and just an hour ago, the lady told me they have four people returning all the phone-call complaints! This is going to take awhile to have my code reset.

If anyone has extras for San Jose and can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I just moved to NorCal and was excited to see them at the Tank. Unfortunately, it's looking like I'm out of luck.

I bought an extra ticket for San Jose show in case someone needs it. Just pay what I payed. See details in What You Have section of Tour Central.

Sicy said:
WTF how did you guys get GA's??!! :scream: :sad:

It was just dumb luck because even my net illiterate friend was able to stumble onto a pair. She forgot that she already had a ticketmaster account and had to have them email her password. Of course, by the time that happened, TM timed her out and she lost the tix :(

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to pick up two tix located in Sec 117 Row 9. Since I've never been to HP, can anyone tell me if this is a good spot? Looks like we'll be on the side but may be towards the back of the stage if they have that egg shaped stage that I saw in a different thread. Also, does anyone know which direction the seat numbering work? Do seat numbers increase from the left to right or vice versa? Any insight woiuld be appreciated! Thanks!

117 is on the side of the stage. Not too sure if you'll have the best view. I passed up that section for 110. Even though its on the other side of the arena, its a clear view of the tiny U2 ants.

evr31 said:
Hi All,

I was lucky enough to pick up two tix located in Sec 117 Row 9. Since I've never been to HP, can anyone tell me if this is a good spot? Looks like we'll be on the side but may be towards the back of the stage if they have that egg shaped stage that I saw in a different thread. Also, does anyone know which direction the seat numbering work? Do seat numbers increase from the left to right or vice versa? Any insight woiuld be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi :) Here is a link to HP Pavilions website. Click on your section and you will get a picture of what your view will be like.

http://www.hppsj.com/hppsj/seating_maps/end_stage/

*ooooops....gotta edit...your section doesn't even have a pic! *

Last edited:
Thanks...yea I know its hard to tell since we dont know how the stage will be. I just grabbed the first tickets that were offered just in case I didnt get another shot at it. Any ideas on which way the seats go in terms of numbering?

adamswildhoney said:
Section 211 Row 12 Seats 19 & 20 is where my brother I will be unless I can get 2 GA's this weekend.

No happy about it but I am determined to get GAs this weekend. Almost to the point of asking an East Coaster to buy the tickets for me bc they would have access to buying the tixs before I do.

I cant believe I spend over an hr to get those tixs. :tsk:

The presale will go on sale at the same time. I bought my ticket at 1pm Eastern time at the same time all you West Coasters were trying.

Good luck, I know you'll get those GAs, Kelly! I'm sending good vibes to everyone trying again this weekend. :D

shooboxx said:
tickets are still showing avalible but they are pretty crappy locations and expensive...

GA is all gone.

GA was gone literally ten seconds in. I pressed refresh, saw the password screen, typed in my password......system was acting funky most of the time and wouldn't let people through.......I pressed Best Available, didn't have to wait, and got the best seats (Section 116)....I later went back to try for GA and ended up with front row in 115......honestly, there must have been like ten GA tickets actually available to us for each show.

thoughts on san jose

1. this is my first post on this board and I am super-thankful that it exists. it's great to find a place where people love the music as much as I have for so long.

2. I did well in the presale, and it was sheer luck after 8 minutes of facing internal errors and the like...ended up with sec 128, row 20. only dilemma is that show # 2 will be on my girlfriend's brithday and she's not exactly a huge U2 fan. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may actually miss a U2 show - which I haven't done in my town since I saw the 1985 leg of the unforgettable fire tour.

3. to the poster who got sec 117 tix - the only drawback of that particular section is that the venue has a huge cable snake - that is, a thick grouping of lighting or sound cables - that seems to feed from that side of the stage up to the truss above the stage.

I thought it was just the springsteen show I saw that had that annoying obstruction, but another show I saw had the same stupid thing. and trust me - from some vantage points, it was annoying.

but row nine is super-low in that section, so you'll likely be deep in the action, even if you don't see all of what's on the projection screens.

dlbdlb, I (and some poster above me) are wondering how the seating works........I'm Row 1, Seat 1.........so is seat 1 closer to the stage or further away in a section? I'm in section 115. And what are my odds of being able to sneak out of my seat onto the floor? Or sit on the railing if I choose?

LiLJennie said:
try to look on the bright side, reserved seats gives us an opportunity to try to meet the band outside when they come in, since we don't have to hold any spots in a GA line. also we don't have to be subjected to listening to the Kings of Leon if we don't want....we can hang out in the really cool bar when they are on....and go pee when we want to.

I agree with all of that! I don't like Kings of Leon at all, but I'm in the front row near the stage, so I can sit there during their show or even leave because I have a ticket (I definitely won't watch them if I go see a second show.....then again, I'd have to in GA).....

Any tips on meeting the guys? Where would they most likely come in at?

bigmacphisto, et al,

seating, as far as I remember, at the SJ arena, starts at #1 in the left-most seat, if you are facing the section from the floor.

mind you, I had similar seats for both Oakland shows, and you will be thrilled with what you have. it does not hurt to be slightly elevated - to which you will be with row 1 seats in that section. you may only envy those in the heart/yolk - but remember, you will always have a place to sit and return to if you go get a drink.

now, in terms of sneaking down to the floor, you'd have as good a chance as anyone, but they will likely put up some sort of physical barrier. my advice is to make friends with the usher/gatekeeper.

Thanks for the info! I've gotten over the fan club dilemma and I can't wait to see this show!
:drool:

Heh, those sure went quick.......if any of you can post when a second show comes up, it would be very helpful. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom