MERGED-->San Diego shows discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Argh. I am trying to get tix for my friend who is standing in line at the arena (I believe). They hadnt even told them that the 2nd show was on sale yet...when they already had been online for a few mins! nuts!! I hope I can get him something! :(

Same here, got a GA for the 2nd SD show. I wasn't even planning on going to SD, but thought I'd try it anyway and got lucky. What I REALLY want is a GA ticket for Phoenix. If I can't get a Phoenix GA through the presale or regular sale, I'll probably try to trade my SD GA for one.

Just played around with the SD show's ticketing........wow! These GA tickets are extremely hard to get, but if you're there right when the second (or third...or fourth) show opens up, I'd say you're odds are better than any other for getting them.

Good luck to all of you still trying and here's hoping I can get a single GA ticket for the second SJ show.

My computerless friend got GA's for San Diego using his local ticketmaster telephone number in Georgia. So now we have good lowers AND GA's for San Diego whereas we weren't even offered anything for Chicago or Denver this morning. :huh: Good San Diego karma I guess. Guess we'll wait for the official word on the stage design to decide which tickets we'll keep. I kinda think GA for SD could be a nightmare because it's the first show.

mellow moog said:
how are you doing it oceane??????

I havent got shite all day!!!!

I know, it's crazy, I've been pretty lucky today. Got GAs for Boston, Chicago and San Diego now (all extra shows, however). What I really want is the East Coast shows, so I will try to trade after Monday's NJ and NYC sale. If that doesn't work out, I can promise I will sell my extra GAs to an Interferencer for face value plus shipping.

I'm at school now and the computers are super fast. I never got any problems loading the Ticketmaster pages, either today or during the pre-sale (although I couldn't get tix then).

Now, I don't know if it has anything to do, but I am in Canada right now. Would it be possible that it's faster than for the U.S. right now for some reason ( I know nothing about computers)? If this is the case I feel really bad :reject: But I promise my extra tix will go to an American Interferencer!

oceane said:
But I promise my extra tix will go to an American Interferencer!

Very cool! I can't use those tix, but I'm glad some fans are willing to do that.

I have 2 decent lowers (great lowers if it's in-the-round) and GAs for the same show, opening night, so I'll defintely be selling one pair to someone here as soon as we decide what we're doing, which will be based on the stage design.

nbcrusader said:

Outstanding.

I tried three different ticketmaster numbers repeatedly, and all I got was a busy signal.

It was my friend in Georgia who got them on his local number. Beginner's luck for him, I say. Now he tells me his credit card may be maxxed out which means the tickets could be cancelled if he doesn't cover it first thing Monday. :|

got 1 suckass upper behind the stage for opening nite. afterwards, i kept refreshing ticketbastard in hopes that they would add a 2nd show. i must have timed it perfectly, because once tix went on sale i jumped on them and BAM! got 1 ticket for nite 2 WOOT!

<<does happy dance>>

if you do the phone #'s, call them for another state. Pick a state where probably no one is calling from, because it all goes to the same central TM system phone thing. In the Tmonster customer service page you can find all the phone #'s, program them into as many cell phones as you can, and fire away at 9:58, because it takes at least 2 mins to get past all their useless messages. Wish I would have done that today.

i got 2 GA for the second San Diego show!! i totally lucked out by going to the local ticketmaster in LA area to get San Diego tix. there was no one there, just me...i couldn't believe it. the woman working totally helped me out she kept trying for GA for the opening nite and she said that it wouldn't even give her the option to put in GA, and that was at 10am exactly so I don't know what happened w/ that. it was as if the GA didn't even exist. so she checked to see if a second date was added and it said that it was tentative so we waited and the the second the other date was added she was able to get in and get me 2 GA. i was so nervous but when she said she got them i had tears in my eyes. i wanted to giver her a big hug but she already thought i was crazy enough. i can't believe how perfectly it worked out. but if there had been anyone else there i am sure i wouldn't have gotten the GA. i also got seats for the opening nite during presale, pretty decent seats just waaay tooo expensive. anyway, i am thrilled with the outcome. my friends and brother are flying out to go the shows w/ me, i just can't wait!! let me know if anyone wants to meet up. i know SD well, i used to live there, any questions just ask. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom