MERGED --> rear-view seats at Wachovia center - are these good seats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
rear-view seats at Wachovia center - are these good seats?

i was only able to get rear-view seats for the philly wachovia center show for tomorrow night.

its section 121.. row 12.. but supposedly.. for other surrounding sections they took out rows 1-10 for the stage.. so i dont know if this is the case for these or not. i bought these off of someone.

are these good seats? i can barely tell using the venue's seating chart on theri website.. because U2's stage-set is so enormous anyway.

so, are these good seats and will the band pay much attention to that area?

not that i am that worried.. because im finally getting to see u2 for the very first time either way! so anything is good for me.

but just curious about the seats and all.

thanks in advance!

rear-view seats at wachovia center in philly. good or bad seats?

i was only able to get rear-view seats for the philly wachovia center show for tomorrow night.

its section 121.. row 12.. but supposedly.. for other surrounding sections they took out rows 1-10 for the stage.. so i dont know if this is the case for these or not. i bought these off of someone.

are these good seats? i can barely tell using the venue's seating chart on their website.. because U2's stage-set is so enormous anyway... and its gonna be different.

so, are these good seats and will the band pay much attention to that area?

either way, bad seats or good seats.. or ceiling (lol).. because im finally getting to see u2 for the very first time either way! so anything is good for me. and its gonna be the most special night. :)

but just curious about what to expect and all.

thanks in advance!

I would've grabbed 'em in a heartbeat myself. I personally don't mind being behind the stage, the only problem is when the light beads drop for a few songs. When I sat behind the stage at Wachovia back in May, they were a bit tough to see through but not too, too bad.

As far as whether or not the band pays much attention to the people back there, I guess it's a tossup. When I saw 'em in May, they were a bit attentive. When I saw them at MSG, I don't think any of them went behind the stage once. If they did, I sure didn't see it.

I can't really tell you about Philly, but in Boston, I was in row 12 at kind of a 30-degree angle behind the stage on Edge's side, and it was an amazing view. The crowd there wasn't as good as the rest of the arena--people around me kept sitting down while I was trying to dance--but I was closer to the stage than I was in the second row outside the ellipse in the spring, and I could see what was going on onstage a lot better. At the Fleetcenter (or whatever it is now), row 12 was the second one back--that's where I was. If you want to compare seating charts Boston-Philly (where you will be compared to where I was), I was in loge 16.

Actually, I just looked up the Wachovia Center's seating chart, and it looks like the same exact place I sat in Boston.

You should at least have a damn good view.

And you get to watch everyone in the elipse - and the rest of the venue - go absolutely apeshit. Its very awesome. I was behind the stage in the balcony for Boston 2... so it was optimal seats, but it was definitely a cool alternate angle to see a show from.

I just realized you posted the same question in 2 subforums, which is not particularly welcomed...

I have now merged both...

I had behind the stage tickets for Philly during Elevation. For what they were, they were awesome! I had the first row and it was actually closer to the band than seats I'd had facing the stage! I got a good view of their butts, and the band made it a point to turn around and look at us periodically, Larry directly smiled and waved in my direction! You're especially close to Larry, and Bono walks around and goes back there too.

You can't jump onto the stage because there is about a 20 foot drop, but it's still not a bad view at all for behind the stage. It's the only venue I've ever been to that I would ever consider buying behind the stage tickets for again.

And at this point, this ticketless kitty would take the nosebleed seats:sad:

So enjoy those seats, I think you will! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom