MERGED-->Questions re Staples Center GA Lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miamigirl

Babyface
Questions re Staples Center

Hi Guys, coming to town for the LA shows, can't wait. A few questions please for the LA fans in the know:-

1. Can I take a digital camera into Staples?
2. Can I take a non-fan into the Fan GA line (to share my 2 Fan GA tickets?)
3. On the second night, can I stand in the non-fan GA line without a ticket until about 4.30pm until my sister shows up with the ticket ? (or are tickets checked beforehand by security?)
4. Are the 2 seperate Fan and Non Fan GA lines organised from the start in the morning or ar they split up some time during the afternoon and if so, when ?
5. Where does the GA line up start ?
6. Is there one entrance into the floor section and if so which side is it on, Edge's or Adam's ? (If I don't get into the Ellipse I want to get as close to Adam on the railing - what do I need to do to get there ?)

Your help would be appreciated.

thanks

Last time I went to the Staples center in April (april 5th) for U2, they confiscated my canon point and shoot digital camera and made me check it into guest services. Not sure why. The lady told me that it was "the band" and not them. I think there was a special photo shoot going on that night and they didn't want all the flashes intefering. I was allowed to take cameras into both San Diego shows and both Seattle shows.

I'm going Tuesday and hoping that they'll let me. I'm going to try at least.

The photo policy got changed the 2nd LA show in April. So you will be allowed to bring in your camera.

what time do people with seats, not GA, should come? I got upper level seats so I doubt i need to come early, but I'd like to chill with the cool U2 fans for a bit. Plus I don't wanna be late or anything, not that I care about Damien Marley.

Ps. I think I'll be carrying a sign around with INTERFERENCE.COM just for kicks around before the show, and see if anyone comes up and says hi...

i think people with seats should come before 9 PM... that is usually the time when U2 starts. if you want to buy t-shirts or souvenirs or whatever, i suggest you come by 8 PM, because the lines get really long. i almost missed the opening for U2 because i was in line trying to buy a t-shirt.

i'd like to come by and say hi but fortunately i have GAs tomorrow so i doubt i can swing by. :wink:

well Lila I am in 330 woot woot...so far away from the band

but that's okay, it's U2, being in the same building with them is already awesome to me

does anyone know about the camera policy? I wanna sneak in a digital to snap pics and stuff, not like a professional camera. Would the security guards mind? Or would I have to sneak it past them...

Around 11:15 PM. 11:30 would be a good time for your dad to come because by then, you'll have worked your way through the thick crowds.

GA question

hi guys & gals,

I'm heading to Staples tonight with a friend of mine - we both have fan-club GA tickets, but we won't be arriving at the same time. Does anyone know if (say) the person who arrives first gets scanned into the ellipse, he can tell them his friend is arriving later and to let the friend in when he arrives?

cheers,
Jayone

Last edited:
Re: GA question

Jayone said:
hi guys & gals,

I'm heading to Staples tonight with a friend of mine - we both have fan-club GA tickets, but we won't be arriving at the same time. Does anyone know if (say) the person who arrives first gets scanned into the ellipse, he can tell them his friend is arriving later and to let the friend in when he arrives?

cheers,
Jayone

highly unlikely... it's a very quick process and you don't have time to negotiate... have the person with you, and you could always try to just hang at the scanning table... but then you're going to miss your best spot in the ellipse.... now if you get on the floor and your friend comes in late and gets scanned into the ellipse, what are you going to do?

yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Oh well - guess we'll just have to try our luck and see!

thx for the reply - I'm about to head off now!

Back
Top Bottom