MERGED --> Phoenix strangeness - PHOENIX Tickets Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chango

Babyface
Phoenix strangeness

ok, this is a little ridiculous.
there's still no onsale date for the show at glendale arena, yet this site has detailed tickets available.
how is this possible?
ticketsnow.com/tickets.cfm/e=892/v=3005
:eyebrow:

they are probably paying off someone at Ticketmaster - notice that ticket delivery isnt till early April

Phoenix

Just wanting to see if anyone knows when this puppy is going to get rolling on posting a sale date. Any Arizona residents out there have a clue?

What's kinda funny is that Ticketmaster is HQ'd here in Phoenix. I know a poster on another band's board who works there. I'll try to see if she's heard of any target dates.

David

PS - She has said a second date is talked about if the first sells well.

hi,

I just called Glendale Arena and spoke with a very nice operator.

She said that there is a hold up with the promoters (?) and that the information will be up soon on their website, and subsequently, ticketmaster.

I thought maybe another ticket service, like tickets.com, might be handling sales, but guess not.

I saw that April 15 is also open on the arena's schedule.

I also checked out some of the other ticket sites, and the prices quoted are just horrendeous!!!! :mad:

Sounds like the arena is fielding a ton of calls regarding the concert.

hope this helps :huh:

It doesn't look like there has been any presale info released. But, if the public onsale date is confirmed as next Saturday, wouldn't the presale be on Monday or Tuesday?

I have a bad feeling about the upcoming presale. With so many missing out getting tix for the California shows through the presale last Tuesday or general sale today, many from CA will likely be using their unused presale codes for Phoenix. Whatever GA's are being made available through the presale will sell out VERY quick. If that's the case, I hope the reserved seats being made available are better than behind the stage or up in the nosebleeds.

Wonder why they are playing Glendale Arena rather than America West.

Mixed bag with America West. From what I hear security was terrible Elevation 1, brilliant Elevation 2.

cmb737 said:

The Suns schedule might have something to do with it. The Suns play at home April 15 and 16th, so if U2 intends to add a 2nd Phoenix show, which I've heard will likely happen next Saturday once the 14th show has sold out, they couldn't have done it at AWA. Unless the first show was scheduled earlier.

fyi... A U2 Phoenix Yahoo! group was started back in early 2001 for those going to the Phoenix shows in the spring and fall legs of the Elevation tour. This group was an excellent source of info for the Phoenix shows and even helped me land a GA ticket for the fall Phoenix concert. When TM.com released extra GA's for Phoenix, someone posted a message in the group and I was able to able to immediately log on TM and grab a GA. The group also planned get-togethers before and after the shows. The group is still alive and anyone is welcome to join. The URL is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u2-phoenix/

U2ITNOL, thx for the group info. I will follow it.

Immediate reaction to sale date is 'Great!."

A second after it's, "Oh, no. Now we have to go through what everyone else has suffered."

I agree with an earlier poster, there will a lot of out of state pressure on PHX ticket sales. Some due to geography of tour, and a lot due to unmet California demand. Then there will be the GA junkies looking for a nice warm weekend. On the positive side, maybe all this will help us get a second date.

David

I suspect that due to the cancellation of the NHL season, the Glendale Arena was probably a bit cheaper to rent out than AWA

for the Fall Elevation show, I got two GA's from a ticket broker for maybe 15-20 dollars over face per ticket - not bad

U2ITNOL said:
fyi... A U2 Phoenix Yahoo! group was started back in early 2001 for those going to the Phoenix shows in the spring and fall legs of the Elevation tour. This group was an excellent source of info for the Phoenix shows and even helped me land a GA ticket for the fall Phoenix concert. When TM.com released extra GA's for Phoenix, someone posted a message in the group and I was able to able to immediately log on TM and grab a GA. The group also planned get-togethers before and after the shows. The group is still alive and anyone is welcome to join. The URL is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u2-phoenix/

Big John-
Thanks for the post and info.
There is a Tribute band playing Feb 11 at Martini Ranch in downtown Scottsdale.

Dave
:)

diamond said:

Big John-
Thanks for the post and info.
There is a Tribute band playing Feb 11 at Martini Ranch in downtown Scottsdale.

Dave
:)

Elevation will be back playing in Phoenix on March 16th. I'm looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully a bigger crowd this time!

cmb737 said:

Mixed bag with America West. From what I hear security was terrible Elevation 1, brilliant Elevation 2.

I went to Elevation 1, it was an awesome show, but I had reserved seats, not GA, but I also heard that the security was lousy.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom