MERGED--> Philly General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Got Philly GA today (and I'm gonna scalp 'em)

Knuckle said:
Yeah!! Got GA tickets for Philly today, and I'm gonna scalp 'em right quick. I'm gonna make some mad money y'all! See you on eBaY!!

(My Prop/U2.com membership didn't get me anything, and U2.com never sent me the promised e-mail for a second crack at ticketing if a rollover date was announced - - which it was, but this will make up for it.) I oughta clean up on this. I should be able to make enough profit to get back my lost $$ on my U2.com membership fee. This may work out after all.

Cheers,
K

Relax folks. I was being 100% sarcastic. This was my "protest" post out of sheer frustration. I am still ticketless despite my Prop/U2.com presale code, and despite the fact that I spent 2hours waiting in line this morning at the Wachovia Center in Philly - freezing. I have never scalped anything, and wouldn't have the courage to try it.

Well please do not post sarcastic things like that. You come off sounding like an ass. People are on the edge. Knock it off please.

lauren430 said:
Well please do not post sarcastic things like that. You come off sounding like an ass. People are on the edge. Knock it off please.

Actually, I'd like to congratulate myself on being so creative and clever. Well done, self.

But seriously, isn't a sarcastic vent justified given what many (i.e. me) have been through this week? It's a lot gentler than talk of lawsuits wouldn't you say? I'm just tired of people around here telling me (and others similarly situated - without tickets) that we got what we paid for from U2.com, and that nothing was ever really promised. Rubbish.

I agree with you; it is great to vent but there are better ways of venting than saying you're going to sell coveted tickets on ebay because people believe you. :|

lauren430 said:
I agree with you; it is great to vent but there are better ways of venting than saying you're going to sell coveted tickets on ebay because people believe you. :|

All right. I suppose you are right. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I didn't think I'd be taken seriously. I am sorry.

Since my 5/14 seats are utter crap (most polar opposite side of the stage - those were my u2.com tix), I had to resort to laying down $350 for GA on the 22nd, but i think i actually got a relatively good 'deal' considering it seems that many of the pairs of GA are going for $400-500+.

After trying and failing for MSG on Monday, i will go further into debt to get ebay tix for the 21st. It's all better than the $850 i shelled out to see them (and cashed in on a HUGE favor) to see them at Irving Plaza NYC in 2000.

I did get u2.com tix, though, so i am not complaining. Sorry to hear about all the crap with ticketmaster. I go through it every year trying to get Yankees playoff tix - they have the absolute worst system. . . Pearl Jam had the right idea by telling them to F'off.

Lancemc said:
you were at the Irving Plaza show.....:drool:

Yeah, but i paid even more to go see them at the Superbowl in 2002. . . and I hate football. I had a bunch of friends going and I figured that New Orleans would be fun (it was great).

The second half was brutal for me. . . my show was long over. :D

Back
Top Bottom