MERGED--> Philly General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is BS

got in at 10:04 and nothing left for Philly??? i had a ticket for 1 behind the stage only. ridiculous. i iwsh the 5/22 show had gone on sale right then. might have had a chance then...

At first I bought one ticket for 5/14 and after multiple tries I got on in sec. 121 (rear view) I went through with it, but then saw that another date was added. I tried a few times and found much better seats at the second show. Has anyone ever had rear view seats? Are they worth it or should I sell them?

Went to the ticket outlet at 8 am. Waited for two hours and no one came out to do lottery or anything. Finally the manager came out at 10:03 to announce there were no tickets available for Philly May 14. Then I was driving home talking to a friend about he was unable to get tickets over the internet when he suddenly said there was a second show up but not on sale yet and then 5 minutes later the show for the 22nd of May was on sale. He tried to get through but was unable to. Finally I got back to my place and a computer and called me to tell me he had a ticket ready, but then the system kicked him out.

Then we were both trying to get tickets online and finally he got through and and bought me and upper level ticket at the back. He had already decided to go to a scalper for GA because of the lack of GA or good seats in the stands. I was going to hold off on going to a scalper until maybe the third leg if I was unable to get GA at any of the show in between now and then.

So, at least I'm in the door, but right now, I'm the only one I know out of 10 friends who has a ticket and its to the second show! The rest well have to consider whether or not they want to pay scalper prices.

U2 should be doing a STADIUM TOUR TO MEET THE DEMAND and limit the business that scalpers could do. Its true not every show would sellout(although with this level of demand I really doubt that), but thats a good thing because it means people will not have to resort to going to a scalper.

achtung_zoo said:
At first I bought one ticket for 5/14 and after multiple tries I got on in sec. 121 (rear view) I went through with it, but then saw that another date was added. I tried a few times and found much better seats at the second show. Has anyone ever had rear view seats? Are they worth it or should I sell them?

rear view may not be bad if its in the round, Id wait to see tour plan

Nothing for Philly... if anyone decides to swap or sell, I am happy to be a buyer...

I will try MSG on Monday but if Philly sold out in like 4 minutes, MSG will sell out in 15 seconds.

I am still hoping to get some message from U2.com saying that they had separated some tickets for us and will now sell them... but I guess I am daydreaming.

I cannot believe it, there is a serious chance that I won't be able to see U2.

Both Philly shows sold out!!!! And now ticketsnow.com has GA tickets for $400!!!

GUYS!!!

If you had an error processing your request message, your order may have gone through regardless.

Go to "my order history" and then do a search with your phone, credit card number and state... My tickets were there!!!!

Unfuckingbelievable!!!!! It's a miracle... Section 105!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Ended up with Section 108, Row 1 for 5/22. It looks to be a pretty good seat...

Last edited:
knox said:

If you have 5/7 Chicago GA, I'll swap (5/14 philly GA)

Thanks, for some random reason, I got an error processing request and then my tickets finally showed up in my order history....

Yoohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am seeing U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I still hate U2.com for having me go through all this useless hassle... :mad:

I got Section 219...rear view.

Oh well, at least I'll be in the building. It was 10:29 when I finally came up with those, and I figured it might be my last chance to get anything.

Could these seats be any good? Just wondering.

Last edited:
I have 2 tickets each for 5/14 and 5/22. Not great on either count, but I'll be there. 5/14 for the Octagon party (all Interlanders invited--PM me for info) and 5/22 with my old pal from college.

Check this out, the ticket outlet I was at did not send anyone out to let us in until 10:04 only to tell us that they were all soldout for the 14th. I was on the phone driving home when the 22nd went on sale. Got home and tried and was not able to get anything. But my friend was able to snag one for me on the upper level. He is going to get GA's from a scalper who's prices I hear are going up.

I honestly thought there would be plenty of tickets available and the show would not sellout in less than 30 minutes. Instead, it appears the show for the 14th soldout in less than a minute and the show for the 22nd was soldout in less than 10 minutes.

Unbelievable! WHY are U2 not playing STADIUMS in the USA? 90% of my friends do not have tickets, friends who see U2 every tour and wait in line or get online to buy tickets the day they go on sale!

I hope that the shows in the FALL will be in stadiums!

Well, I was on Ticketmaster.com at about 9:30 and I had a friend on the same time. We tried about five times for the first one, I think it sold out in about a minute or less! Then they posted the second one, I got through quickly and got some nosebleeds. It's ok though. Only thing I have a question about is they are doing MSG on the 21st (the ones I was really really lucky to get on the presale), and Philly on the 22nd? That doesnt make much sense, but hey, at least I don't have to take off work. :edge:

What about May 15???

I have a friend who's dad knows a guy at ticketmaster.

My friend told me his dad bought us tickets for May 15...GOLDEN CIRCLE.

So...if I have tickets for May 15, when the hell is this gonna be announced?

Back
Top Bottom