MERGED --> Oakland in November + Oakland.. NO TICKETMASTER + oakland general sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bratty_cat

War Child
Oakland in November

I was told by a work contact who is in media that U2 will play the Oakland Arena on Nov 8 & 9.

I don't believe this to be a rumour cause this guy is pretty connected and he told me that he's already preordered tickets from Clear Channel for clients.

Great news for those of us in the Bay Area!

I have no idea why they'd wait but I wouldn't be surprised if they added at least one more show in LA as well. Seems weird to have only two in a market that big when Boston, Chicago and NY got so many.

Fingers crossed that we hear back soon.

No way will they add Phoenix or Denver. As demonstrated by ebay, both are weak markets infested with scalpers looking to make money off of U2 fans. The adding of second shows in Detroit (3rd leg), Seattle (1st leg), Phoenix (1st leg), and Denver (1st leg) is still mind-boggling. In any event, the more plausible likelihood is a third show for Anaheim, a first show for Las Vegas, in addition to the Oakland shows already mentioned.

YAY OAKLAND!

U2 is killing me. I am going broke with all these shows... but how can I miss Oakland?

So far as long as tix dont get canceled:

San Jose 2 GA
Seattle 1 & 2 GA and seats
Vancouver 1 & 2 both GA
Toronto 1, 2, 3, 4 all GA

MTEdge said:
No way will they add Phoenix or Denver. As demonstrated by ebay, both are weak markets infested with scalpers looking to make money off of U2 fans. The adding of second shows in Detroit (3rd leg), Seattle (1st leg), Phoenix (1st leg), and Denver (1st leg) is still mind-boggling. In any event, the more plausible likelihood is a third show for Anaheim, a first show for Las Vegas, in addition to the Oakland shows already mentioned.

Fans not buying scalpers tickets on ebay is not an accurate way to determine if a second date should be added. From U2's position, the venue is sold out because there are no more tickets left. The fact that there are a lot of tickets on eBay just proves that people don't want to be screwed in the process and are smart enough to hold out for an additional date.

All the tickets are gone for Denver (except for the newly released tix today), they could easily sell another show.

u2wedge said:

Fans not buying scalpers tickets on ebay is not an accurate way to determine if a second date should be added. From U2's position, the venue is sold out because there are no more tickets left. The fact that there are a lot of tickets on eBay just proves that people don't want to be screwed in the process and are smart enough to hold out for an additional date.

All the tickets are gone for Denver (except for the newly released tix today), they could easily sell another show.

Fans are not buying tickets on Ebay for the Denver shows for face value. Heck, GA's are going for barely over face. Those two facts reflect lack of interest, and present strong evidence that there is no way U2 could sell out a third show in Denver.

Someone just sent me an email about Oakland. Dates are confirmed for 11-8 and 11-9. I have no idea when they will go onsale.

Oakland...NO TICKETMASTER

Looks like a lot of people may get their wish. Ticketmaster is not handling public onsale for Oakland. Any ideas on what's going to happen? Any more shows added like this one?

Also, PLEASE help me if you know how to contact U2.com other than the email address they never answer. I'm so sick of them. I paid for my subscription at least 5 months ago and I can not get member access.

This sucks. I already used my presale code for this first leg.

And I WAS a prop member but never got my letter or code :angry:

I don't have the money to get tickets right now........and I don't want to have to worry about something that would be seven months away..........but I'll probably end up buing a ticket or two on eBay for at or below face value in the fall.....

SFGAL said:
tickets.com handles the oakland arena... theres a thread about this in the Tour Dates section.
I've looked on their site and nothing.... last time they were WORSE than TM ... i know, sounds impossible but they were.

Both shows are on Tickets.com now under upcoming events for the Oakland Arena. And yea, they are much worse than TM! Not looking forward to Sunday!

Cool ... yes their site just changed.

Heres what it says:

U2//Vertigo//2005 Tour
Tuesday, 11/8/05, 7:30PM PST

Will Call Not available until 10 days prior to event

Oakland Arena
Oakland, CA, USA
See a street map for this venue

This event is currently not available for sale through the web. It is scheduled to go onsale at: 04/03/05 10:00AM PDT.

God I told myself no more shows but I might just have to try to see what I get. Worst comes to worst... I'll sell you guys my tickets if I get GA and can't go.

Good luck Sunday everybody!!!

How many shows in California do they need? And another Phoenix or Denver show is highly unnecessary.

They sold out Dallas in 18 minutes. How about giving US another show?

inmyplace13 said:
How many shows in California do they need?

they have only 2 shows in the entire bay area so far, and they are on the first leg in san jose, an hour from both SF and Oakland.

There is definitely demand. Learn some geography.

KBRY said:

Oakland Arena pre-sale....for Concert Club Members.

Woo hoo! Yea I just bought GA's for both shows too! Way easier than dealing with Tickets.com.

You can still join the Concert Club and buy tix in the presale but will have to pay $35.

Oakland GA's available

If you want GA's for the November 8th and/or 9th shows, you can get them now if you join the Oakland Arena Concert Club ($35).
Yea, I know, more money but you may come out ahead if you end of having to buy GA's on Ebay. Actually, $35 plus 2 GA's is still less than the lower level seat I had to buy for San Jose 1.

I don't know when their allocation will run out - so if you want to do it, you should do it soon! Go to w w w . coliseum . c o m and click on Premium Concert Seating, then on Concert Club -- or you can call them at 383-4581.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom