MERGED--> No Hotels In Dublin!!!! + Accomodation in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertigo_mofo

Babyface
No Hotels In Dublin!!!!

Dublin hotels 5 stars to 1 stars are completely booked for th 24th and 25th shows.... man!!! :rant:

They have been for a loooooooong time... :ohmy:

I booked mine a week or two before the actual announcement, so managed to get a decent (per Dublin standards) rate... I know youth hostels were pretty booked by then already... Best of luck...

Moving this to the tour dates forum...

It was the same when Robbie Williams played 2 years ago, I suggest that you try getting a list of phone numbers from the tourist board for places that are not on the net, and maybe also trying Dun Laoghaire (pronounced Dun Leary) as that is quite close to Dublin.

try a tour co. as well, like CIE here in the U.S., they always have blocks of rooms.

Re: No Hotels In Dublin!!!!

vertigo_mofo said:
Dublin hotels 5 stars to 1 stars are completely booked for th 24th and 25th shows.... man!!! :rant:

There are places available, I just had a friend book a hotel a few miles out from the city center for the 25th. Its true everything inside both canals and around the Liffy is booked. But there are more places available in the suburbs.

some of my best memories are staying in the B&B's in Ireland, the breakfasts are incredible, the tea, the people you meet...that is a great choice.

Try Laterooms.com, we just got a room through them in the last 2 weeks. -- It is 15 minutes of of town, but it is a room!!

If you get really desperate you should try somewhere even further afield - All major towns and cities in Ireland will have dedicated buses running to and from the gigs. For example there are tickets available for buses from and to Belfast on Ticketmaster. It can be really good craic as well if you are fairly tolerant of general drunkenness on the way there and back!!

being the totally relaxed-naive-easy going guy that i am, i didnt consider booking any hostels untill now!!.. :hmm:

A good amout of research later it looks as if im to sleep in the streets of dublin on the 24th and 25th at least, considering that i dont intend to pay 150 Euro for a place to sleep!..

Any locals that happens to know of an unheard cheap Bn'B place or hostel??

thanks. Pretty old-fashioned booking type thing. I guess youll have to know who you are sharing with in advance if you do that!?..

I was able to find a B&B at Dun Laoghaire just a week ago, but now is completely booked.... there's a hotel in bray with acoomodation for that week-end, is for single rooms but not too expensive.... i guess it was about 40€ per night.

I can't remember the Hotel but if you type in google Bray Hotels Dublin, you surely find it!

Any who is stuck, try B & Bs on the Navan Road, Dublin 7; Glasnevin Avenue, Dublin 11; Santry, Dublin 9; Fairview, Dublin 3.

If anyone finds one they are not sure about, pm me for advice or whatever...

What we did was get an apartment for a week, and found some other fans to bunk with. Try www.let.ie or www.daft.ie and look under "short term." There's also a message board set up for the trip:

http://roam.mfeubanks.com/crokepark

Keep looking! Don't cancel your trip, even if you end up leaving for Dublin without a place to stay...You'll figure it out! Dubliners are awesome, just ask around and someone will help you out or point you in the right direction...Good luck, you guys...

Back
Top Bottom