MERGED-->No Cameras Allowed in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bostonfly

The Fly
No Cameras Allowed in Boston?

I just called the TD Banknorth Garden to ask if you can bring a camera into the show tonight and they said they are not allowing them. I then said how they allowed them in May so the lady checked with security for me only to tell me that security said that they are NOT allowing in cameras tonight.

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything different or received any info from the GA line this morning about this. I think it's strange that they would allow them in May but now change their policy.

I got mine in, my friend had her batteries taken from hers.

If you are a guy, just crotch it, they only check the waistline & pockets.

100% Official Ruling On BOSTON Cameras...must Read

Hello. I took the initiative to email the tf bank north/fleet center/garde/whatever it is called about the camera policy for 10/3 AND 10/4. I asked "Will non professional cameras be allowed into the U2 show for tonight and tomorrow?
The tickets do not say "no cameras" ...would like some clarification..."

the response from them shortly after was:
"no cameras of any kind are permitted into the arena. no exceptions and this request
comes from U2 tour management."

take that as they say...as you know EVERY venue says this and we always see those upclose pictures of U2. I just wanted everyone to see what they had to say, so please be careful. It is quite possible the band does not want thousands of lights flashing at them (as i could understand). ENJOY THE SHOW!!!

ps: still looking for 10/4 GA... email if that exists at face value strwar718@earthlink.net

Never really understood why would anyone use flash in concert arena/stadium? The first rule of filming concert pictures is DON'T USE FLASH!!

Don't people know flash should be used to film objects at maximum of 3m?

:huh:

Last edited:
markoajda said:
Never really understood why would anyone use flash in concert arena/stadium? The first rule of filming concert pictures is DON'T USE FLASH!!

Don't people know flash should be used to film objects at maximum of 3m?

:huh:

No. People do not know this. You wouldn't believe the amount of people I saw in the ellipse with digital cameras using their flash. You could see them frame the shot on the LCD and it would look good and then wham !@ Flash ! Then you could see the resulting picture in the LCD all bright and white !

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
they didnt allow them in May. They didnt check that much, but they did take them from people (at least they did the 1st 2 nights).

I was front row at the second show in May and my friend had a camera. The security guy in front of us said that while he thought he wasn't supposed to permit camera use, as long as my friend kept it discreet, he didn't care.

Great bloke. :up:

this may be a dumb question, but if they confiscate your camera, do they give it back after the show?

Putting the camera in the top of my sock has worked for me in the past. Most of the time they don't check there. Obviously this only works if you wear long pants. Also putting the camera in the bottom of your purse and covering it with a bunch of crap works too (for ladies or men with man-bags), often they just look in there and don't go rummaging around.

Hm--the head security guy who was lining up GA for the second show in May said as of that day, they were going to allow them in--I was right in front of a guard outside of the ellipse and even have pictures of him, and no one cared. Everyone around me was taking them too.

Sucks.

Sneaking mine in inside my boyfriend's pants.

I'd sneak one in. Besides.....if they say no cameras how stupid is that when almost everyone and their brother sister mother and cousin own camera phones these days? :rolleyes:

i'm going to the show in los angeles and the two shows in las vages. I just bought a Sony Cyber DSC-M1. should i take my chances and try to seek in my camera? or does it come down to the security checking or not checking you as you enter?

Hi there,
Just came back from getting my wrist band this morning and we asked Mr. Security Guy at the Garden and was told that cameras are allowed as long as they aren't professional or video.
I was at Boston 2 in May and cameras were allowed at the last minute.

Cameras are DEFINITELY allowed in at Boston.

Jeff Mann is head of security there and has always okayed it. I heard him repeatedly tell people last night that cameras (35mm, disposable and small digital- no detachable lens) are okay. :up:

There were tons of cameras last night, nobody being sneaky with them either. And in my rush out the door this morning, I forgot my little 35-140MM zoom camera, so it looks like disposable or nothing for me.
Well at least forgetting the camera should guarantee getting beeped into the ellipse.

Hewson said:
There were tons of cameras last night, nobody being sneaky with them either. And in my rush out the door this morning, I forgot my little 35-140MM zoom camera, so it looks like disposable or nothing for me.
Well at least forgetting the camera should guarantee getting beeped into the ellipse.

:up: here's hoping that you pass through the scanners and into the ellipse like a ground ball passes through bill buckner's legs...

I don't know what the big deal is....the band hasn't changed or the show..just look on the web all the pics look the same anyway

shutdown said:

No. People do not know this. You wouldn't believe the amount of people I saw in the ellipse with digital cameras using their flash. You could see them frame the shot on the LCD and it would look good and then wham !@ Flash ! Then you could see the resulting picture in the LCD all bright and white !

Everything always looks good pre-shot on my LCD. However all my pics are blurry when I did NOT use the flash. Only when I used the flash did I get clear pics. (It's a new camera, so maybe there's another non-flash setting that I should be using)

Side note - No problems ever getting camera into venue. Kept it in my back pocket. Security asked to check purse, but they literally just looked in and pushed me along. Could've kept it in an inside pocket but didn't want to take chances they'd search it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:up: here's hoping that you pass through the scanners and into the ellipse like a ground ball passes through bill buckner's legs...
Figures...this time Buckner swallows up the ball like a Hoover vacuum.
I knew I was screwed when the guy right in front of me got beeped.
Oh well, got a decent spot outside anyway.

Back
Top Bottom