MERGED --> Meadowlands Seating Chart Disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royo

Babyface
Seating Charts

Here's another Ticketmaster nightmare.

I got through almost immediately and got two $165 tickets assigned to me. When I checked the seating chart, I found the tickets to be at the back side of the lower level. (It's for the Continental Airlines Arena in NJ -- a venue I've been to more than 250 times, so I know the place pretty well.) I was surprised because that section that I got is usually near the stage, but since there was a GA seating chart, I trusted it and released the tickets.

After running into password problems during my new search, I scored a pair of $165 tickets in a section that appeared to be right near the stage. Tickets went through. I was happy.

Then I got an email from a friend who asked about my tickets. I told him where they were and he emailed me back that I wasn't near the stage at all. I went back to Ticketmaster and it seems that the seating charts had been changed since the pre-sale began.

Now, I know that there are plenty of people out there who didn't get any tickets (and no, GA was not available in NJ at 10:00), but for $350 plus the $40 I paid u2.com, I would hope that they and Ticketmaster could get their acts together. $400 is a lot to pay for mediocre lower level seats. I could have sat upper level near the stage for 1/3 of the price.

Anyone else have this problem?

email TM and tell them exactly what you just said on here, how you were relying on what they put up as the seating chart, because I had that happen twice, and each time they refunded the money and let me start over, you might be able to get your money back to try to get better seats since it was their error.

me too -but it actually worked in my favor on this one - the teckets I got for 5/7/05 Chicago were going to be behind the stage but now have a full view - that is going to be a bit of a problem as well for them :huh:

So which side is the front? I got 105's, thats the rear corner, correct?

I have 105s also. When the seating chart was posted during my order, it was right near the stage. When I checked back an hour later, it was rear corner. I'm contacting TM now. Will post back when I have more to tell.

royo said:
I have 105s also. When the seating chart was posted during my order, it was right near the stage. When I checked back an hour later, it was rear corner. I'm contacting TM now. Will post back when I have more to tell.

If this is true - which it looks like it, I'm in the same boat - directly across from you section 124!!! It didn't look like that at time of purchase!

This is what happened.....My friend got ours thinking we were next to the stage. Even threw back 109,110 etc thinking our section was better :evil:

same problem here. the seating chart had a "u2" option and according to that i was directly even with the stage. now the "u2" option is gone and the stage is on the other end of the united center. what's going on? do i have good seats or not? guess i'll find out may 7.

is there anything structurally, electrically, etc that prevents an arena from having the stage at either end????

Meadowlands Seating Chart Disaster

Ok, am i pissed!! So i got through in NJ for 2 tix on the 18th, Sec 125, Row 6, seats 3&4. Special Fan Club Reserved seating (according to my order summary). The U2 seating chart at the time of my order showed this section to be directly next to the stage. I figured right next to the stage, 6 rows up i'd be in heaven and well worth the $165 and change per ticket so i bought them happily!!

So NOW...the U2 seating chart option isnt listed any more. There is just a GA stage seating chart that comes up when i view my order and try to view my seats. The GA Stage option shows the stage on the other end of the arena and my seats are now officially rip offs....I cant tell you how frustrated and misled I feel. Will Ticketmaster give me a refund? Even so i wasted my u2.com presale code on this..i would have at least tried for denver where apparently GA's are plentiful in the presale and took a nice little vacation to go skiing and see U2.

Any advice on how to proceed with ticketmaster and can i get a refund for being misled?

Re: Meadowlands Seating Chart Disaster

jonathan26 said:

So NOW...the U2 seating chart option isnt listed any more. There is just a GA stage seating chart that comes up when i view my order and try to view my seats. The GA Stage option shows the stage on the other end of the arena and my seats are now officially rip offs....I cant tell you how frustrated and misled I feel. Will Ticketmaster give me a refund?

I was looking around earlier and I don't know if they do, you might be better off trying to sell what you got. :slant:

Section 208 is on the side or behind the stage, correct? Not that I'm happy with those tickets, but they were all we could get...

i already complained about this happening to me on another thread but i have to vent my frustration again. first my tickets are next to the stage and now they're on the other end... the only hope that i cling to of them still being next to the stage is the price. the price listed for first level reserved tickets ranged from 90 up to 165. i paid 165 and there aren't that many seats on the lower level further from the stage. (i'm not making that up am i? the first level seats did range in price, correct??) has anyone paid less than 165 for tickets that are near the stage according to the newly posted seating charts????

I've got the same situation for Chicago - when I looked at the seating chart I printed out hours before the pre-sale, the seats I got look fantastic. But it was a U2-specific chart. Now that option doens't seem to be there and the stage is shown at the reverse end. My hope, however, is also the price - mine were the $165 version too.

Now the picture is there and sec 105 isnt even on it! :(

Last edited:
you have to go to the venues official site, that is the actual seating chart, they have charts for concerts, sports games, etc.

As much as I disliked u2.com before this day, I'm never trusting shit they ever say again. Or giving them another penny of my money.

Both fax #s:

Principle Management NY: (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: +(353) 1 6777 276

Make sure you send your complaint there so they realize how they ruined the band's relationship with its fans.

i havent heard of anyone paying less than $165 for any of the lower level seats...i am pretty sure my sec 125 seats which at the time i purchased them i thought were golden are now about as far away from the stage as you can get for $165. I probably could have gotten 200 level seats for much less and end up way closer to the stage. What a scam, i am def planning on selling these and hoping to do better in the general sale.

U2.com what a disappointment, i thought they had some of the best seats reserved for fans not the worst!!

OK, what the hell is going on here?

This same exact problem occurred with the chart for United Center in Chicago.

I printed it out last night myself; now I notice that the one today has the stage on the other end of the arena.

This is very, very suspicious because it didn't just happen in one arena.

There is a scam going on with the seating charts. There is no way this could happen by accident. I think they wanted people to think that crappy seats were better than they actually were. Funny how it turns out that the U2 Medowlands seating chart is the same seating chart as San Jose. What's even more f*cked up is that I made TM aware of this problem 2 hours ago and they still have the bogus San Jose U2 seating chart up for the Meadowlands.

Just FYI, I got a reply from Ticketmaster.

Here is what they wrote (personal info deleted.)

Dear Roy,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number ---Ticketmaster's main goal is simply to provide a computerized ticket distribution system. Ticketmaster sells tickets on behalf of promoters, teams, bands and venues, which means Ticketmaster does not set the ticket prices or determine seating locations.

Please be advised that your seats are located in the lower section. Ticketmaster always sells the best available seats at the time the order is placed, and as agreed to during the order process, there are no refunds, exchanges, or cancellations.

The itemized list of charges is as follows:

Ticket Price: $165.00 (per ticket)
Convenience Charge: $9.55 (per ticket)
Facility Fee: $2.00 (per ticket)
Total: $353.10

Arrangements have been made to have your tickets printed and mailed within the next few days. If you do not receive your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact us, and we will make arrangements to have replacement tickets held for you at the box office Will Call window on the day of the event.

You may confirm the status of your order (as well as your seat locations, venue, performance date, fulfillment status, total charges, etc.) by going to Ticketmaster.com and clicking on "View Order History" in the top right hand corner of the page.

If you have any further questions, please reply, and include all previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
Max

This was my reply to this asinine email...

Dear Max--

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately, my initial question was not answered. Can you please explain why the seating charts were changed in the middle of the pre-sale? I selected tickets based on the location charts Ticketmaster provided initially. I sincerely believe that this is a case of bait and switch and I will be speaking with the Better Business Bureau and the NJ State Attorney General's Office about the matter if I do not get a reply that actually answers my question. I do not wish to go this route, but I truly believe that I have been wronged as a customer.

Thanks
Roy

I should have added Department of Consumer Affairs, but I don't need to tip my entire hand. More on this as it develops.

I started another thread about this.

I sent TM the following note:

my_question: I logged on to purchase tickets for U2 this morning. After getting through at 10:00 am, I secured a pair of $165 tickets. When I looked at the seating charts, I discovered that the seats were at the rear of the floor. I decided to release the seats and try for better seats. After a few minutes of dealing with password problems, I got through again and got a pair in the 7th row of section 105. According to the seating chart posted on the ticket page at the time, the seats were right near the stage. I purchased the tickets. When I emailed a friend to tell them about my "good" seats, I got a reply from him that told me to check the TM seating chart. In the hour since I purchased the tickets, the seating chart had changed and the tickets that I purchased went from being terrific, to mediocre, considering the $355 price tag. I believe that this situation borders on theft by deception and am very upset by the situation. This is nothing less than bait and switch.

The reply from TM Customer Service was...

Dear Roy,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number -------. Ticketmaster's main goal is simply to provide a computerized ticket distribution system. Ticketmaster sells tickets on behalf of promoters, teams, bands and venues, which means Ticketmaster does not set the ticket prices or determine seating locations.

Please be advised that your seats are located in the lower section. Ticketmaster always sells the best available seats at the time the order is placed, and as agreed to during the order process, there are no refunds, exchanges, or cancellations.

The itemized list of charges is as follows:

Ticket Price: $165.00 (per ticket)
Convenience Charge: $9.55 (per ticket)
Facility Fee: $2.00 (per ticket)
Total: $353.10

Arrangements have been made to have your tickets printed and mailed within the next few days. If you do not receive your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact us, and we will make arrangements to have replacement tickets held for you at the box office Will Call window on the day of the event.

You may confirm the status of your order (as well as your seat locations, venue, performance date, fulfillment status, total charges, etc.) by going to Ticketmaster.com and clicking on "View Order History" in the top right hand corner of the page.

If you have any further questions, please reply, and include all previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
Max (Customer Support)

My reply to this non-answer was...

Dear Max--

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately, my initial question was not answered. Can you please explain why the seating charts were changed in the middle of the pre-sale? I selected tickets based on the location charts Ticketmaster provided initially. I sincerely believe that this is a case of bait and switch and I will be speaking with the Better Business Bureau and the NJ State Attorney General's Office about the matter if I do not get a reply that actually answers my question. I do not wish to go this route, but I truly believe that I have been wronged as a customer.

Thanks
Roy

I should have added Department of Consumer Affairs. I'll keep you all updated. As they so kindly note, there are no refunds, cancellations or exchanges. Remember, if you piss off TM too much, they'll blacklist you. Like Hop Sing

Last edited:
They have to do something about this seating chart switcheroo..seems like too many of us decided to go for the top dollar tickets thinking we had lucked out with great stage side seats and now we end up at the back of the venue. This happened to me at the NJ meadowlands, and i've read it also happend in Chicago...any other cities? Do you think we are entitled to full refund on the tix? I'd rather just buy tix on the general sale monday and get 200 level seats that are much closer to the stage...

*drinks beer and laughs*

dudes....

my fucking seats have been changed on that motherfucking seating chart no less than 3 (THREE) times today.

they've always been section 128, row 19.

WHERE exactly that is depends on the time of day I guess.

1. they were behind the stage

2. they were right next to adam (and I was thrilled)

3. now, they're in the fucking back

I am going to kick some ticketmaster ass tommorrow

btw, I sent PM a fax and haven't heard shit....I'm sure I won't.

my love for this band is being tested right now...I'm not a 13 year old kid who would be elated just to be in the same building as them...I'm a consumer who deserves better treatment than this bullshit.

we all do.

I had the exact same problem - buying tickets at the Continental Airlines Arena in E. Rutherford.

I got on the pre-sale this morning just after 10AM EST. At first I couldn't get through, then around 10:07 AM I did get through.

About 10:08, after a few searches, I landed 2 $167 tickets in Section 124, Row 13, which, according to the seating chart AT THAT TIME was right next to the stage! I was happy and logged off of Ticketmaster and didn't give it another thought.

Then saw the stories on Propaganda about "seating charts changing", etc. Checked again, and NOW my tickets are 5 sections back - in the f'ing back of the arena!!!!

I already sent Ticketmaster an e-mail demanding either a full refund or a pair of tickets right next to the stage. I've always been 'ok' with Ticketmaster - yes they rip you off with their surcharges but I've always been happy with their customer service until now.

If my e-mail doesn't have any affect, I will go in this order:

1. File dispute through the Mastercard (this is after all "merchandise not received as advertised")
2. File dispute through Fanfire and U2.com to get the $40 back and see if they can get me a refund
3. Mail Better Business Bureau and state of NJ (or NY) consumer affairs office asking for a refund (this actually works sometimes)

if all that fails then...

4. Sell the tix on e-bay and hope for the best

I can tell you for sure U2 has lost out on one fan for this tour. Ain't no way I'm flyin all the way up to New Jersey for these crap seats. And as far as that goes, I won't be going to ANY of the shows unless I get my money back!

The worst fan club and pre-sale treatment I've seen - hands down.

Matt

matt_tx00 said:
I had the exact same problem - buying tickets at the Continental Airlines Arena in E. Rutherford.

I got on the pre-sale this morning just after 10AM EST. At first I couldn't get through, then around 10:07 AM I did get through.

About 10:08, after a few searches, I landed 2 $167 tickets in Section 124, Row 13, which, according to the seating chart AT THAT TIME was right next to the stage! I was happy and logged off of Ticketmaster and didn't give it another thought.

Then saw the stories on Propaganda about "seating charts changing", etc. Checked again, and NOW my tickets are 5 sections back - in the f'ing back of the arena!!!!

I already sent Ticketmaster an e-mail demanding either a full refund or a pair of tickets right next to the stage. I've always been 'ok' with Ticketmaster - yes they rip you off with their surcharges but I've always been happy with their customer service until now.

If my e-mail doesn't have any affect, I will go in this order:

1. File dispute through the Mastercard (this is after all "merchandise not received as advertised")
2. File dispute through Fanfire and U2.com to get the $40 back and see if they can get me a refund
3. Mail Better Business Bureau and state of NJ (or NY) consumer affairs office asking for a refund (this actually works sometimes)

if all that fails then...

4. Sell the tix on e-bay and hope for the best

I can tell you for sure U2 has lost out on one fan for this tour. Ain't no way I'm flyin all the way up to New Jersey for these crap seats. And as far as that goes, I won't be going to ANY of the shows unless I get my money back!

The worst fan club and pre-sale treatment I've seen - hands down.

Matt

I'm sitting a few rows behind you, same experience - let me know how you do.

seajewel said:

I'm sitting a few rows behind you, same experience - let me know how you do.

I'm going down to e. ruthford's ticketmaster office tommorrow...anyone want to come?

*loads shotgun*

Back
Top Bottom