MERGED --> Meadowlands Seating Chart Disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey - got a question.

Does anybody have a copy (like a .gif or .jpg file) of the 'original' U2 seating chart for E. Rutherford that Ticketmaster had posted up last night or this morning, before they changed it. That might be good proof of what we're talking about since they'll play dumb I'm sure.

matt_tx00 said:
Hey - got a question.

Does anybody have a copy (like a .gif or .jpg file) of the 'original' U2 seating chart for E. Rutherford that Ticketmaster had posted up last night or this morning, before they changed it. That might be good proof of what we're talking about since they'll play dumb I'm sure.

that's a great idea.....however...I don't.

in the phone book, where I originally confirmed the seating chart...mine are behind the stage. then they were at the side (on the website). now they're in the back.

dude, I'm a tough motherfucker to deal with when i'm pissed....(not to sound like a dumb shithead or anything), and I plan on getting results tommorrow one way or the other.

JOFO said:

that's a great idea.....however...I don't.

in the phone book, where I originally confirmed the seating chart...mine are behind the stage. then they were at the side (on the website). now they're in the back.

dude, I'm a tough motherfucker to deal with when i'm pissed....(not to sound like a dumb shithead or anything), and I plan on getting results tommorrow one way or the other.

I went through every one of the seating charts listed on Ticketmaster for Continental Airlines Arena. Not one of them has the Stage on the side of the arena where the seating chart showed it when the pre-sale started. Smells like a rip-off to me.

matt_tx00 said:

I went through every one of the seating charts listed on Ticketmaster for Continental Airlines Arena. Not one of them has the Stage on the side of the arena where the seating chart showed it when the pre-sale started. Smells like a rip-off to me.

absolutely.

jonathan26 said:
i havent heard of anyone paying less than $165 for any of the lower level seats...i am pretty sure my sec 125 seats which at the time i purchased them i thought were golden are now about as far away from the stage as you can get for $165. I probably could have gotten 200 level seats for much less and end up way closer to the stage. What a scam, i am def planning on selling these and hoping to do better in the general sale.

U2.com what a disappointment, i thought they had some of the best seats reserved for fans not the worst!!

I bought a pair in Sec. 112 at Continental for $95 ea. This morning they were in the corner at the far end of the arena on Adam's side, then later in the far end in the corner on Edge's side (that seat chart was actually the SAN JOSE one), and now normal GA endstage has me right on the side/back of the stage, so I'm probably one of the few happy about this... :reject:

Pop Artist said:

so I'm probably one of the few happy about this... :reject:

yes.....you probably are.....

although I would check again on that seating chart vespucci....

matt_tx00 said:
Hey - got a question.

I have a copy - but I don't think it matters ---

yes can you email me a copy of the bogus seating char too. I'm jdf1968@gmail.com.

I'm the guy who got section 125's for $165 a pop thinking i was right next to the stage. Now i read someone in 112 which turns out to be right near the stage paid $95? WTF? I definitely want a refund, am not paying a combined $350 for such crap seats, i know i can do better in the general sale b/c this presale of "some of the best seats" available is total BS. And FYI i got my 'great' section 125's at 10:06 am...BS!!

yeah, I got section 128...in the back of the arena.
fuckin bullshit.

Anyone hear any word from TM on how they are going to make it up to all of us who were misled by their bungled seating charts?

As much as I disliked u2.com before this day, I'm never trusting shit they ever say again. Or giving them another penny of my money. [/B]

Same here.....they haven't offered enough to us to make it worthwhile......the only other plans for U2 online seem to be putting audio of concerts up, but by all accounts it looks like those concerts will be FOR SALE on iTunes....

so, what did we get?

1) Recycled content from the old U2.com, although there's even less material this time around in the bonus Video section

2) A really oversized keychain item.......not only does it look like a bland website advertisement, but you can't possibly carry this item around

3) Guaranteed tickets for the 'Vertigo Tour'..........granted, a lot of them aren't good tickets........and granted, some people couldn't even get tickets.....

I spoke to someone at TM customer service she said it was part TM fault and part the website's fault they did post the wrong seating chart - "the presale was horrible" they offer a refund but not new tickets - can't use the codes again - can take your chances on the genral public sale - I said no thanks, I'll keep what I have don't want to get shut out :huh: She said that was probably a good idea. I have to say she was very nice - I didn't get hostile just wanted the facts.

I actually think I want a refund. Did you just call the regular TM customer service # and did they give you any hassle or did they know exactly what you were talking about right away? I dont want to be stuck on the phone for an hour after all the time and energy wasted on this already.

After about an hour-long phone call and being persistent about talking to supervisors that were "supposedly" higher up in the TM food chain, they finally offered me a refund, but also said I would lose my code and they could not enter the system to get me better seats (or at least the ones I thought I had by the fraud seating chart).

I hopelessly declined the refund and will be in Section 201 at the far end of the arean from the stage. These were $95 + ridiculous fee tix since I am in the second tier. If I was in Section 128 for $165 I would have taken the refund.

If I don't get better luck at the pre-sale, at least I will have a straight on view of the stage and can see all the lucky GA people having a blast in front of me.

I sat in a similar spot in MSG for the Elevation tour and still had a great time. Funny thing is, the not so great tix I had for MSG 2001 were through mail order Prop............somethings never change.

I looked on their website for the phone number of customer service in my area. I spoke to one person explained - she put me on hold for customer service. Customer service knew what I was talking about - the girl I spoke to had spoken to three other people today about the problem - I think they are aware of the problem - It didn't take long to get to speak to someone. Good Luck!

I'm not a terribly litigious guy, but I spoke to a college roommate who is a lawyer today (he also got shut out yesterday.) Here's what he said about the seating charts.

"Its possible you could argue detrimental reliance. You were damaged because you relied on the seating chart initially provided which turned out to be wrong. The problem is the damages (unless the tickets were different prices) are minimal. You are still going to the show but your seats are not as good. Tough to calculate your damages."

Considering that most people are not looking for damages, but rather for the seats they deserved, this might be worth a shot. Unlikely to work, I suspect.

well if you want to talk damages, i'm the prototypical eggshell plaintiff...you dont even know the downward spiral the disappointment of these rip of $165 seats are sending me on...and i am sure the eye strain from sitting so far away is definitely going to be huge!

Hey, thanks everyone for your help. I'm getting on the phone with ticket master. I pulled section 102. At first it looked like it was on the Edge's side, then behind the stage and now at the back of the venue. I can't justify spending $377 on those tickets when somebody said sec. 112 went for $100 each.

Thanks for all the info. I'll let you know how it goes.

TheBonofactor said:
I hopelessly declined the refund and will be in Section 201 at the far end of the arean from the stage. These were $95 + ridiculous fee tix since I am in the second tier. If I was in Section 128 for $165 I would have taken the refund.

that's what I'm debating now; whether or not to take the refund because I am in section 128.

they told me the only tickets going on sale will be for the upper tier.:|

New seating chart for NJ shows..

.....where are you now?

arena.gif

Last edited:
:|

that would be funny if it didn't change on me 3 times during the presale.

......and how did you change those graphics anyway?

LMAO...Im my overworked, under-rested. stressed-over-the-Tuesday-ticket fiasco...I thought that was real...and spent 30 seconds freaking out that I couldnt find my section....

and the more I compare it to the real chart the more it looks similar.

and you've got 1 post and this is it?

are you responsible for the ticket mess or do you just have a rotten sense of humor?

this is great, i cant want to print this and argue with all the Admissions people as I try to get on the floor with my section 230 tickets

Back
Top Bottom