MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego + GA Line Skinny - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2005, 06:25 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 AM
March 28th, San Diego

The Vertigo Tour will kickoff on March 28th in San Diego at the San Diego Sports Arena.

The venue's webpage is: http://www.sandiegoarena.com

Looking for stuff to do or places to stay in beautiful San Diego? Check out Yahoo's City Guide for San Diego right here.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:17 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 10:44 AM
The GA Skinny for LA Sports Arena in San Diego

The GA Line Skinny for LA Sports Arena in San Diego. I was just there November 24 on my last tour with Metallica. There is one line for GA but I can see alot of people cutting to the front of the line at this venue. There is a gas station, on the arena's site, a Tower Records across the street, and Taco Bell. It's approximately 10 minutes from the airport. GA line will be on the side with the box office.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:33 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

That`s very helpful HelloAngel - thank you!!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:56 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:44 AM
What's the seating capacity? How's the sound?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:13 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

umm that's San Diego Sports Arena..hehehe

And there is a Krispy Kreme in the Sports Arena Parking Lot...

Hey Super...I live in San Diego..just can't believe that they are opening here! This area is not a huge market/demand for U2 shows. Typically since way way back they have only done one show here. I would never of thought that they would open here. I just assumed they would open in LA or Vegas.
I wonder why they chose SD.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

or ya could ask me anything about beautiful San Diego!
<<lives in SD.

As I mentioned in another thread. If anyone is interested in a get together in SD let me know. I could head things up here, where to stay and what to do, any other tips etc.

my email addy is: Liams_mom@yahoo.com
Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Think they'll zoom up to LA after SD?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:58 AM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Could do LA or Vegas after San Diego. The Pond has an open calendar March 31, April 1, 3, 4, 5th; Staples April 1, 2, 6, 8 and in Vegas the MGM and Thomas & Mack are open basicly all days.

j
Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:44 AM
The GA situation at this arena on Elevation was a disaster from most reports. There were a couple injuries as well. I hope they improve it this time for you guys.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:08 AM   #10
War Child

Local Time: 02:44 AM
I would really love to see this San Diego show. This is the worst week for me though, because I have a project on April 2nd and will be working night and day... hope they don't hit Vegas or LA until after April 2nd - what better way to blow off steam than seeing the boys in concert!
If I have to miss those shows that week...
Old 01-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
The GA situation at this arena on Elevation was a disaster from most reports. There were a couple injuries as well. I hope they improve it this time for you guys.
oh gawd ..just what I wanted to hear.. If I get tickets for this show I will hope and pray that it is run better this time out. Last tour this was the one show in southern calif. that I didn't go to (wasn't living in calif at the time).

<<< getting more and more freaked out!.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mrpoptop
Could do LA or Vegas after San Diego. The Pond has an open calendar March 31, April 1, 3, 4, 5th; Staples April 1, 2, 6, 8 and in Vegas the MGM and Thomas & Mack are open basicly all days.

j
Thats why I am here to save the day. There will be a few F' up shows with security. The Pond in Anaheim will be one of them guaranteed, Continental Airlines Arena, Wachovia Spectrum (probably not), and Fleet Center due to the train station/Dunkin Donuts/McDonalds yummy!!!

Plus San Diego will be a tuff GA ticket to get. The arena is old and really small. They need a new arena in San Diego.

When I was at the San Diego Sports Arena, it was confusing to get onto the arena floor. You do not know which portal to enter to. Also women will have an advantage over men in this GA line. This arena is not organized since the LA and San Diego area hires security guards that are through the military. So the promoter hires cheap labor as well as Concert Pro the security company.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:44 AM
spring break for me starts march 28!!!

wohoo if i can get tickets then Opening Night it is!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Super_Fan

Thats why I am here to save the day. There will be a few F' up shows with security. The Pond in Anaheim will be one of them guaranteed, Continental Airlines Arena, Wachovia Spectrum (probably not), and Fleet Center due to the train station/Dunkin Donuts/McDonalds yummy!!!

Plus San Diego will be a tuff GA ticket to get. The arena is old and really small. They need a new arena in San Diego.

When I was at the San Diego Sports Arena, it was confusing to get onto the arena floor. You do not know which portal to enter to. Also women will have an advantage over men in this GA line. This arena is not organized since the LA and San Diego area hires security guards that are through the military. So the promoter hires cheap labor as well as Concert Pro the security company.
Curious, Super.. how is it that women have the advantage over men in the GA line?

Being a woman and also missing the last u2 show here in SD. I haven't been to a show there where I had a GA Ticket.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 09:44 AM
It is possible the show could be played at Cox Arena at San Diego State. It's a much newer arena. Velvet Revolver will play there the night before, March 27th.

In 2001, they had an official GA line for the SD Sports Arena, but when the doors opened, they let GA people in any door, thus people who showed up at 6pm could walk right in and get in the heart, while many who had waited hours in the official GA line did not get in the heart.