MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego + GA Line Skinny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's American Wife said:

Michelle!!!!!

You better let us know if you're thinking about coming to San Diego!!! :hyper: :wave:

BAW!!! :wave: You bet your bottom dollar I am!!! Hotel room is already booked :wink: now it's just a matter of getting tickets :hmm: Oh and the small task of figuring out a flight that won't break the bank. Direct flights to SD from NYC are crazy priced and looong. Might you and Mr. BAW be considering SD? :angel: Is Jess going? Jess?

There is NO way I'm missing this. Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

mishka
boom, boom... vrooom!

P.S. Beware BAW's and EXIT girls... crazy canucks headed your way!!!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
or ya could ask me anything about beautiful San Diego! :wink:
<<lives in SD.
Where's the nearest IN 'N' OUT BURGER!?!

I'm almost as pumped for some IN 'N' OUT as I am for U2!!!

mjtran said:

It's right down the street from the SD Sports Arena on the same side of the street and I would say just a couple blocks. Definitely walking distance! :wink: And there is a krispy kreme in the parking lot of the sports arena.

mjtran said:

rotfl, that is AWESOME!! i flew to portland last april to see the pixies and was hella-excited, because there was a JACK-IN-THE-BOX next to my hotel! i took pictures and everything

Metallica experience was that it was confusing to get onto the GA Floor. There was one line for GA and you had to get a wristband there before entering the arena and going to the portal to get onto the floor.

San Diego Opening Night - ETS Special package/Got tickets!!!

So I got tickets through ETS for opening night...living in So. Cal I figured I might as well guarantee myself a spot on the floor but what was interesting was that the ticket agent woman on the other end said they were also selling another type of package as well.... Here are the details:

SPECIAL PACKAGE FOR SAN DIEGO includes:

-- 3 Nights at the Holiday Inn ???!!! 27th-30th of March
-- Two GA tickets to the opening night show

-- Two more GA tickets to another night in S.D. if another date was announced there (wink, wink)

-- Tickets to a party on opening night at a secret location?

------

$575.00 per person if you're willing to book for four people.

$750.00 per person if you're only booking it for 2.

------

Anyway...looks like there's more than one show in S.D.

San Diego was being planned for 2 shows back on that original leaked itinerary, so I assumed they still would get 2 on this revised schedule. There certainly is plenty of room for it on either the 29th or 30th.

$750?? Even if you spend 3 Times face value for a GA ticket...that leaves you paying $500 for a hotel. The Holiday is shit there. As they are everywhere. Those are some expensive hot wings and celery sticks at the party. Oh wait...you can't go to the party because you are in the GA LINE.

Wow....rip off.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:
$750?? Even if you spend 3 Times face value for a GA ticket...that leaves you paying $500 for a hotel. The Holiday is shit there. As they are everywhere. Those are some expensive hot wings and celery sticks at the party. Oh wait...you can't go to the party because you are in the GA LINE.

Wow....rip off.

:lol:

How did you get that??

I've been on a waiting list for U2 tickets for MONTHS!
I got an e-mail today saying packages were coming soon. I don't like this. I get put on a waiting list while people who just call them are put ahead of me. NOT COOL.

Congrats on getting tix tho. Mr rant there wasn't directed at you personally. :)

cmb737 said:

Wow....rip off.

Kinda makes you wonder what their flight/hotel packages are gonna cost. Kinda scares me to think about it actually.

I guess this is another option. Also I did the ets tour for Slane for Elevation. If it was expensive then I REALLY wonder what it would cost now. So tempted to do it again though.:wink:

I actually just bought tickets to the 1st night but thought I would pass that package info around.

The standard price for a ETS GA ticket is $159.00. I figure this is a way for the band to make a little extra money on the GA tickets and anything else that ETS sells - after all - they're the ones that made this arrangement with ETS. And the way I look at it...it's pretty decent - any GA ticket really is worth what you'd be paying if you're lucky enough to get through to Ticketmaster. And you can only use U2.com one time - so if you want to go to more shows...it's a pretty good option. If you know of options that are better, I'd love to hear about them.

Last time around in LA, I was able to stand in the GA and had my friend hold my spot when I went to the ETS dinner place to pick up the tickets...so it does work.

Like it or not prices are what the public will bear. I paid $250.00 a piece Eric Clapton tickets at the Hollywood Bowl last summer. And that was face value. Concert tickets are just not going for what they use to... So U2 still looks like a relative bargain, even through ETS.

And I get a few meatballs and soggy salad for dinner too!!

:hmm:

I had friends who saw the San Diego show on the last tour and they said it was a total fiasco. The general admission procedure there is basically, let everyone in all at once, so it makes no difference whether you wait all day or show up right before the venue opens. Also, I've heard from a number of people that the sound is atrocious. Still, I'm sure U2 will put on a good show--they always do.

I'm gunning for San Jose tickets tomorrow -- wish me luck! Can't wait for the tour to start!

LyricalDrug said:
I had friends who saw the San Diego show on the last tour and they said it was a total fiasco. The general admission procedure there is basically, let everyone in all at once, so it makes no difference whether you wait all day or show up right before the venue opens.

I was one of the people who got screwed out of a place in the Heart, because of the INCOMPETENCE of the people running that arena. Those Basta**s managed to get opening nights on this tour?

It was so incredibly disorganized, and people who waited in line for 12+ Hours, ended up being left out, while others who waited 30 minutes, got front row in the pit. Someone got trampled and injured as well, because there was a mad crush when everyone realized what was happening.

Westport said:
I actually just bought tickets to the 1st night but thought I would pass that package info around.

The standard price for a ETS GA ticket is $159.00. I figure this is a way for the band to make a little extra money on the GA tickets and anything else that ETS sells - after all - they're the ones that made this arrangement with ETS. And the way I look at it...it's pretty decent - any GA ticket really is worth what you'd be paying if you're lucky enough to get through to Ticketmaster. And you can only use U2.com one time - so if you want to go to more shows...it's a pretty good option. If you know of options that are better, I'd love to hear about them.

Last time around in LA, I was able to stand in the GA and had my friend hold my spot when I went to the ETS dinner place to pick up the tickets...so it does work.

Like it or not prices are what the public will bear. I paid $250.00 a piece Eric Clapton tickets at the Hollywood Bowl last summer. And that was face value. Concert tickets are just not going for what they use to... So U2 still looks like a relative bargain, even through ETS.

And I get a few meatballs and soggy salad for dinner too!!

:hmm:

I'm happy for you.
I'm gonna have to call and bitch at them tomorrow. They tell me...someone who contacted them MONTHS AGO that nothing is onsale yet and put me on a fuckin waiting list...then take calls from other fans and sell tix that I should have a chance at also.
Pisses me off!

This isn't directed at you...its directed at ETS for how they are running things.
I have no net access at work so I can't join the presale and the show I want goes onsale on a friggen Monday so I can't even get on for the public onsale :( I can try on the phone but I can't be on hold for a half hour during work.
I guess I'm screwed this leg.
aww well. There is always leg 3 right? :D

Westport said:
And that was face value. Concert tickets are just not going for what they use to... So U2 still looks like a relative bargain, even through ETS.

Most tours can't sell out half their venues at current prices. IE Lalapalooza, Britney Spears, Pixies (just to name a very few, countless others never went out)....all cancelled tours and or dates because of poor sales.

2004 was worst touring year in recent memory. I think we have hit the peak. U2 is still in demand, but I bet they don't do quite as well as they think. Not to say they won't sell out, but there will be a lot of tickets floating around. Just a hunch.

SFGAL said:
Are you mishka who comes in chat now & again?
Its me SF and I'm thinking of going to SD too if I can get the tix....!

One and the same SFGAL!!! :wave: Guess what? I'M GOIN' TO SAN DIEGO BABY, YEAH!!! See you there? :)

mishka
boom, boom... vrooom!

ETS says that they are having some technical difficulties right now, as they are switching their web hosting company. I was told that they are launching a new e-commerce site to be ready for the public on-sales this weekend. I was told that if you are on the waiting list, you have tickets (well, packages) held already for you. Just call in and tell them you are on the list and reserve 'em. That is what I did. Your credit card isn't charged until Saturday morning.

If you want to start bitching about ticket prices, blame the band. $ 160.00 for a top price ticket? After ticketmaster charges that is almost $ 200.00 to see a concert for two hours. At least with ETS we will be getting an inclusion.

I saw Motorhead, Dio and Iron Maiden last year for $ 50.00CAN. And then I saw Judas Priest & Slayer this past summer for the same amount. Why do radio friendly bands like U2 feel the need to jack up ticket prices? I guess they just don't care about fans like myself, who have trouble affording more than $ 100.00 to see a show. That is why I bought from ETS. Hotel, tickets and shuttle transportation all taken care of. My wife and I can just relax and enjoy the classics and suffer through the new material. It is our one holiday for the year, and ETS was great last time.

If they were playing music from 1985-1996 it might be worth it, but the last three albums have been terrible in my opinion.

shy said:
Thanks, I'm thinking to go to visit Los Angeles first, and after to go to San Diego. And about hotels, Is Days Inn good?I have no money to spend for better hotels, i was going to Miami...:wink:

I would recommend a Holiday Inn right across the street from the Arena, on Sports Arena Blvd., or there is also a Holiday Inn Express also within walking distancce on Jupiter, it's a side street off Sports Arena Blvd. There are more cheaper hotels in the Pt Loma area-try Midway. I live in Ocean Beach with is about a mile and a half from the Arena. Email me if you have any other questions, happy to help.

There are lots of fast food places within walking distance from the Arena and a Krispy Kreme and a Chilis in the Arena parking lot (don't ask why?!!!)

Karen

WOW! I was trying for some GA tix for the Opener for friends and before my eyes flashed a notice of a 2nd San Diego show March 30th!!!!! Good luck to all who weren't able to get tickets for the show the 28th. :wave:

I think we should just keep calling San Diego Sports Arena about the GA fiasco and ask how it will be handled.

If we got enough people, they will realize that some sort of method will have to be in place.

SAN DIEGO SPORTS ARENA
3500 Sports Arena Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92110-4919

Main Phone Numbers
Phone:(619) 224-4171
Fax: (619) 224-3010

Back
Top Bottom