MERGED-->LA Staples Center thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
Staples Center thread

Anyone get GA's here? There are still tix left--but they are $98 nosebleed--I'll wait till general sale. This was ridiculous. Why would they be selling "priority" seats in the upper deck? I will echo what someone else in another thread said--Pearl Jam treats their fans the best. Puts a really bad taste in my mouth. Got an internal server error message for an over hour before I got through. Was curious is ANYONE got GA's for Staples and at what time...

I got two GA tickets to Staples at approximately 10:14 AM. I was simultaneously checking for tickets at the Pond and Staples. Most of the time I got the internal error message, but after a while I suddenly got a message saying I was in line and that I had a four minute wait. After the wait oscillating up and down for a while I finally got in. The funny part is that I thought I had gotten tickets for the Pond but when I looked at my receipt it said they were for Staples. No big deal. I must've just gotten confused. I really feel for the people that didn't get tickets.

No fair, tenacious_b.

I went ahead and bought the $98 seats at Staples. Hey... it's a ticket to the show, and that's what matters.

I figure if I can get better seats in the regular sale in Staples or in Phoenix, I'll go for that, and I can sell the $98 seats to someone else.

U2atUSC said:
No fair, tenacious_b.

I went ahead and bought the $98 seats at Staples. Hey... it's a ticket to the show, and that's what matters.

I figure if I can get better seats in the regular sale in Staples or in Phoenix, I'll go for that, and I can sell the $98 seats to someone else.

Yeah, it was just luck. It all evens out though. I had 2nd row tickets to see Sting in San Diego and that show was canceled. I ended up having to buy more expensive tickets to a Sting concert in Phoenix that were in the back. This will be my first chance ever to see a band -- of any relevance -- up close and it just happens to be my favorite band in the world. I really am lucky.

After about 5 minutes of receiving the "internal server error" i was about to score 2 tickets in Section 111 Row 14 which is near the stage. Good seats but I rather be on the floor closer to the band. I saw U2 almost 4 years ago at Staples and the energy and atmosphere gives it a better experience. Gwen Stafani and her bandmates watched the show inside the heart after they opened which was cool.

Last edited:
U2Bono21 said:
After about 5 minutes of receiving the "internal server error" i was about to score 2 tickets in Section 111 Row 14 which is near the stage. Good seats but I rather be on the floor closer to the band.

I actually turned down two decent $!60 seats because I wanted the GA seats. Actually, it was mostly because my wife would kill me if I put down $320 on U2.

I refuse to shell out 100 bucks to sit in nosebleed seats. I would consider it if they were the same as GA cost. I can't believe this is how U2 is treating their fans on this matter. I realize that there really isn't a bad seat in the house when it comes to U2, but of course I joined the fan club with the glimmer of hope that I'd get decent seats, like I did last tour. Of course I realize I'm preaching to the choir in all this too, and I really don't have any solution to offer to remedy the situation, but dammit, there just has to be a better way.

Sorry for the rant - I know we're all pretty much feeling let down right about now. Muchos congrats to all those lucky ones who were able to get GAs!

U2Bono21 said:
After about 5 minutes of receiving the "internal server error" i was about to score 2 tickets in Section 111 Row 14 which is near the stage. Good seats but I rather be on the floor closer to the band. I saw U2 almost 4 years ago at Staples and the energy and atmosphere gives it a better experience. Gwen Stafani and her bandmates watched the show inside the heart after they opened which was cool.

Only 5 minutes? I got that message for over an hour. On broadband!

I'm getting nothing but 98.50 seats in nosebleed....wtf....

Screw tickemaster and principle....I've alreadf fired off an email to CNN

well--so far only one set of GA's--that's unacceptable--I wouldn't be as pissed as I am if others had more success, but it seems that only 1% are happy--if that.

got 2 GA's as well

started refreshing the link at 9:59am; just got lucky i guess. My friend who was trying at the same time couldn't even get 1 GA to pop up. I already had an account with Ticketmaster so i didn't have to fill out CC info.

ultraviolet353 said:
Hey Tenacious-congrats-did you choose GA specifically in the section box? or did you choose best available?

At first I chose "Best Available" and that gave me the option to buy the $160 seats. I turned that down and started trying specifically for GA and eventually got it.

O geez, i wish i could have gotten tix for $98. I got ripped off by totaltickets to the tune of $300.
i feel selfish for only just now being mad.

I got some nosebleeders for about $320 but after we bought them our transaction was cancelled due to an internal error. I really did not want them anyway. I would rather put the money torwards GA.

I feel so pissed at U2 right now that I don't even feel like wearing my U2 t-shirt.

U2Bono21 said:

Did you get those tickets? the same thing happened to us, Bono's American Wife had the "Xanadu" of tickets and then "CRASH!!!" Lost my password and the rest is history...we're in 303 now!! I've talked to Ticketmaster..they know how I feel, both barrels!!

Last tour we were in 101 at the rail, looking toward the soundboard where all the "celebs" were standing...not such luck this year! see you there..I'll be the one with the bleeding nose!

Seating Chart for LA & Anaheim & others?

Are the Seating Chart for LA & Anaheim & others up anywhere?
Last tour we actually saw the heart setup on the chart.
This one it's jsut a generic stage...
How are we supposed to buy tixs without some kinda of orientation?

Just curious...

Last edited:
Hey guys, i dont have my tickets yet but i was thinking about how on the last tour they added more dates after the first ones sold out. So i got to thinking about what the extra dates might be and i ended up sitting down and came up with a chart on what might happen..........

March 28th - San Diego - Opening Night
March 29th - San Diego Nite 2
March 30th - OFF
March 31st - OFF
April 1st - Anaheim 1
April 2nd - Anaheim 2
April 3rd - OFF
April 4th - OFF
April 5th - Los Angeles
April 6th - Los Angeles
April 7th - OFF
April 8th - OFF
April 9th - San Jose
April 10th - OFF
April 11th - Los Angeles Or Anaheim
April 12th - OFF
April 13th - OFF
April 14th - Phoenix
April 15ht - OFF
April 16th - OFF
April 17th - Los Angeles Or Anaheim

So my point is that there might still be a chance to pull GAs for the other unlisted dates since some of the shows are spaced out up to four days, leaving room to add a new show. Just thought i would share this little tid bit.......

I don't think they're doing that many "off" anymore, not with the sellouts going on right now. They could add more shows just like Chicago's 4 in any of those venues and again sell them out instantly.

Other artists/bands must be so jealous.

I got to my local ticketbastard master location at 7am and was first in line. Then they started to hand out raffle tickets for a random selection around 9am. Well, turns out that they give the first 30 people tickets and then the start of with the 20th person in the line, work their way back, and then start off at the front. Soooooo, people who showed up about 20 minutes before the sale time got tickets before me and i was there for over three hours. Im totally pissed and im writing a letter to Ticketmaster about this.....its totally unfair to the people who wait in line for SO LONG and they get nothing. BOTH NIGHTS were sold out before i got a chance to get to the front of the line.............

Re: Staples Center thread

"Why would they be selling "priority" seats in the upper deck?"

Yeah - I'm curious to see why our tickets (@ Staples) were $171 and we're level 106 -- not priority/premium -- they'd better be good seats!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom